Elite indicators :) - page 214

Mladen, my #Post 2146 P. 215

Hi Mladen,

When you a have a minute, won't you please look at this TrendEnvelope_MTF for me?

I attach a 3 frame SnapShot of how it behaves, which is terrible to say the least and after you kindly rectified the WPR for me, I thought that you may be able to help me here as well.

This time I attach the indicator (plse guys don't bother to download it until Mladen has solved the problem; it will be a waste of time ) as well as the pictures for you.

Thanking you in advance.

HMA Shifted

Hello Mladen,

Is it possible to make an indy out of the HMA shifted that will let you plot two or three(by choice) HMA's on chart and paint an arrow when the two (or three) HMA's are the same color at the CLOSE of the candle. I would like for the arrows to paint on color matches even if the HMA';s are shifted forward or backward.

One off topic question - why are the dates on the actual posts flip-flopped from the dates in the attachments tab (where the paper clip is)?

The indy attached was posted on 05-07-2010

In the attachments folder it is dated as 07-05-2010

it's not an end of the world kind of thing but it can make searching for the post that relates to a file in the attachments folder a bit tricky to find.

Thanks in advance and as always, your body of work is outstanding.

Pipmagnet

Files:

ValeoFX

First of all, I do not have trend envelopes 5 or 6 and I somehow could not find them

So I got this one together. Try it out. There will be no problems like in the one you posted (even without having the basic indicator it calls, it is obvious that it will not work as it should) Also in this one you can adjust parameters and not use default parameters (as you are forced to do now) Try it out and let me know if it is what you had in mind (since I really do not know what are the novelties in versions 5 and 6)
regards

Mladen

ValeoFX:
Hi Mladen,

When you a have a minute, won't you please look at this TrendEnvelope_MTF for me?

I attach a 3 frame SnapShot of how it behaves, which is terrible to say the least and after you kindly rectified the WPR for me, I thought that you may be able to help me here as well.

This time I attach the indicator (plse guys don't bother to download it until Mladen has solved the problem; it will be a waste of time ) as well as the pictures for you.

Thanking you in advance.

Thanks Mladen..

mladen:
ValeoFX

First of all, I do not have trend envelopes 5 or 6 and I somehow could not find them

So I got this one together. Try it out. There will be no problems like in the one you posted (even without having the basic indicator it calls, it is obvious that it will not work as it should) Also in this one you can adjust parameters and not use default parameters (as you are forced to do now) Try it out and let me know if it is what you had in mind (since I really do not know what are the novelties in versions 5 and 6)
regards Mladen

====================================

Many thanks Mladen. I will do just that.

Enjoy the weekend.

pipmagnet

Not exactly what you asked for, but ...

For now it is not time frame and it does not "count" the directions, but, if asked for, it marks the crosses. Some explanation : if I wanted to keep multicolor lines than I could not add a single one more (since it is a 3 color indicator, it uses 5 buffers, and hence adding any new one would require that number of additional buffers but in metatrader it is simply not possible) So I made this one that shows up to 8 hull moving averages. Also, if you choose so, it will show the places of every cross that happens (up to 64 type of crosses can happen - 32 up types and 32 down types)
No alerts in this one - just imagine when 5-6 alerts trigger at a same bar, what a music that would be . Will try to figure out how to check the slope changing directions (at a first glance it could be even more complicated than the arrows, but will see later, if some solution emerges)

PS: due to colors this one definitely looks better on black background, hence the picture is not my usual white background

regards

Mladen

pipmagnet:
Hello Mladen,

Is it possible to make an indy out of the HMA shifted that will let you plot two or three(by choice) HMA's on chart and paint an arrow when the two (or three) HMA's are the same color at the CLOSE of the candle. I would like for the arrows to paint on color matches even if the HMA';s are shifted forward or backward.

One off topic question - why are the dates on the actual posts flip-flopped from the dates in the attachments tab (where the paper clip is)?

The indy attached was posted on 05-07-2010

In the attachments folder it is dated as 07-05-2010

it's not an end of the world kind of thing but it can make searching for the post that relates to a file in the attachments folder a bit tricky to find.

Thanks in advance and as always, your body of work is outstanding.

Pipmagnet
Files:

Mladen...

Good morning Mladen,

Sadly the indicator that you very kindly constructed for me is NOT doing what I would like it to do as you can see from the attached pic. The AQUA-line on top is the indicator you constructed (Trend envelopes + mtf) and the bottom one in Magenta / Aqua is the TrendEnvelopes_v5_MTF set to the same TF.

I attach here for your convenience and kind perusal the "driver" Trend Envelopes_v5 as well as v6 for completeness sake only.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

ValeoFX

Use this one.

What I added is the following : version 5 and 6 you posted use different prices for upper and lower envelope (high for upper envelope and low for lower envelope) - the one I posted before uses the same price for both envelopes. So I added the UpperPriceand LowerPricethat can be set separately now. Also, version 5 and 6 do not use deviations at all. So to get the same results as with version 5 set the parameters in the one I am attaching here to following : 3,0,1,2,3,0 and you are going to get these (here is the comparison of the 2 with same target time frames and with same parameters - the interpolated is the new one of course Also, as I told already, the "#MTF TrendEnvelopes_v5" does not allow you to change parameters hence you must set up the parameters in the new one to have a match)
Also, decided to leave those adjustable parameters for prices (and all the rest of the parameters) since that way we can have the "old" way (just set MaMethod to 3 (linear weighted), both prices to 0 (close) and set the deviation to 0.2, for example, and it will work as the v1, or set the MaMethod to 1 (ema), UpperPrice to 2 (high) LowerPrice to 3 (low) and deviation to 0 and it will work as the v5) and the new way and that way we have more choices available

regards

Mladen

ValeoFX:
Good morning Mladen,

Sadly the indicator that you very kindly constructed for me is NOT doing what I would like it to do as you can see from the attached pic. The AQUA-line on top is the indicator you constructed (Trend envelopes + mtf) and the bottom one in Magenta / Aqua is the TrendEnvelopes_v5_MTF set to the same TF.

I attach here for your convenience and kind perusal the "driver" Trend Envelopes_v5 as well as v6 for completeness sake only.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Many thanks...

mladen:
ValeoFX

Use this one.

What I added is the following : version 5 and 6 you posted use different prices for upper and lower envelope (high for upper envelope and low for lower envelope) - the one I posted before uses the same price for both envelopes. So I added the UpperPriceand LowerPricethat can be set separately now. Also, version 5 and 6 do not use deviations at all. So to get the same results as with version 5 set the parameters in the one I am attaching here to following : 3,0,1,2,3,0 and you are going to get these (here is the comparison of the 2 with same target time frames and with same parameters - the interpolated is the new one of course Also, as I told already, the "#MTF TrendEnvelopes_v5" does not allow you to change parameters hence you must set up the parameters in the new one to have a match)
Also, decided to leave those adjustable parameters for prices (and all the rest of the parameters) since that way we can have the "old" way (just set MaMethod to 3 (linear weighted), both prices to 0 (close) and set the deviation to 0.2, for example, and it will work as the v1) and the new way and that way we have more choices available

regards

Mladen

=========================

Honestly Mladen I did not expect you to do this over the weekend, but I am deeply appreciative of you. Hope you will have enough quality time with your family for the rest of the weekend.

Best regards.

Article..

Mladen, have you read this article?

http://www.fin-ware.com/article1.html

And if so, what are your views, please?

Best regards.

Boll Jurik Starc

Had added alerts to a version of this in public section, have since changed the regular Ma in Starc bands calculation to a smoothed jurik version.

Reason: