Elite indicators :) - page 215

BollJurik bands

Mr Tools,

Just to make something clear, the BollJurik bands you posted, they do repaint, meaning they change the value after the bar is closed right? Also, can you please tell me which indicator settings you used on your 30min GBPUSD screenshot? Thank you.

profitrader21

Took a liberty and tested it,and checked the code : there is no repainting in it. It will sometimes give you false signals (in ranging periods especially) but there is no repainting if you use normal parameters (using negative shift can cause wrong (future) atr calculation, but with shift parameter set to 0, it works OK)

regards

Mladen

profitrader21:
Mr Tools, Just to make something clear, the BollJurik bands you posted, they do repaint, meaning they change the value after the bar is closed right? Also, can you please tell me which indicator settings you used on your 30min GBPUSD screenshot? Thank you.

profitrader21:
Mr Tools, Just to make something clear, the BollJurik bands you posted, they do repaint, meaning they change the value after the bar is closed right? Also, can you please tell me which indicator settings you used on your 30min GBPUSD screenshot? Thank you.

Profittrader changed the AtrPeriod=50, Length=50, set arrow thickness to 5 and the rest is default, and i concur with Mladen they don't repaint!

Hi Mladen,

I've been tinkering with your digital filter indicators....in particular the one designed for EA...attached here for reference. Would it be possible to create an indicator that puts an arrow on the chart for any number of 0,1,2,3 filter types. For example, the inputs might be like this:

Filter0 - Y/N

Filter0Price - 0

Filter1 - Y/N

Filter1Price - 0

Filter2 - Y/N

Filter2Price - 0

Filter3 - Y/N

Filter3Price - 0

And have it draw the same EA type indicator with an optional arrow on the chart and alert..

Here is my chart with four instances of the indicator marked when they all agree.

Thanks

Ben

This one is made according to an article from Barbara Star in Active Trader magazine : "The CCI Stochastic"

I think that there is no parameter that needs an extra explanation. As far as the explanation of the indicator itself, the reasons for making it and how to trade it, you can find in the attached original article (djvu format)
PS: default parameters are different than the ones recommended by Barbara Star. For example, the one from the picture is CCI period 14 Stochastic period 20 with smoothing period 3

Slow Stochastic

Hey Guys,

I came accross some articles that were discussing the use and or mis-use of the slow stochastic. One of the more interresting things that stood out for me is that MT4's default stochastic indi does not support this concept?

Anyway I manage to locate an indi that appears to draw this slow stoch (14, 5, 5)

My question is, surely a "slow stochastic" is nothing more than a 14, 5, 5 with a smoothed MAMethod?

Attached is the indicator I found, it is quite old and I have no idea if it is "good".

What I do know is that it definately plots a very different picture than the default MT4 stochastic. (I went through all the MAMethods of the default stoch, and could not replicate it like the one attached)

Maybe if some one could confirm for me that it is good and well, it could be useful for anyone else searching for a slow stochastic?

Thanks in advanced

Codex

(Yes I do code, not MQL, AS3 is my poison)

Files:

Thank you Mladen , appreceate this

Codex

The indicator is on a wrong path.

What it does is that it takes a full stochastic (everywhere I looked a 3 period slowing added to stochastic is named a slow stochastic, so, by that definition, 1 period slowing would be a fast stochastic, 3 period slowing would be slow stochastic and all the rest is a full stochastic) and additionally smooths it (3 period simple moving average) Here is what would be a basic definition of 3 kinds of stochastic oscillators :
Fast Stochastic Oscillator:
  • Fast %K = %K basic calculation
  • Fast %D = 3-period SMA of Fast %K
  • Slow Stochastic Oscillator:

• Slow %K = Fast %K smoothed (slowing) with 3-period SMA
    • Slow %D = 3-period SMA of Slow %K

The Full Stochastic Oscillator is a fully customizable version of the Slow Stochastic Oscillator. Users can set the look-back period, the number of periods to slow %K and the number of periods for the %D moving average. The default parameters were used in these examples: Fast Stochastic Oscillator (14,3), Slow Stochastic Oscillator (14,3) and Full Stochastic Oscillator (14,3,3).

Full Stochastic Oscillator:

• Full %K = Fast %K smoothed (slowing) with X-period SMA
  • Full %D = X-period SMA of Full %K

PS: the description and more info comes from here : Stochastic Oscillator - ChartSchool - StockCharts.com

regards

Mladen

Codex:
Hey Guys,

I came accross some articles that were discussing the use and or mis-use of the slow stochastic. One of the more interresting things that stood out for me is that MT4's default stochastic indi does not support this concept?

Anyway I manage to locate an indi that appears to draw this slow stoch (14, 5, 5)

My question is, surely a "slow stochastic" is nothing more than a 14, 5, 5 with a smoothed MAMethod?

Attached is the indicator I found, it is quite old and I have no idea if it is "good".

What I do know is that it definately plots a very different picture than the default MT4 stochastic. (I went through all the MAMethods of the default stoch, and could not replicate it like the one attached)

Maybe if some one could confirm for me that it is good and well, it could be useful for anyone else searching for a slow stochastic?

Thanks in advanced

Codex

(Yes I do code, not MQL, AS3 is my poison)

Ben

I believe that "digital filters - trend score" does 90% of the job you need ( the one from this post : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general )

It does not draw arrows but it has a built in alerting when a certain level is reached. There is an explanation on the original post how the score is calculated, and in the case you are looking for, with default weights, when 3 filters are aligned, level 2 is reached

regards

Mladen

bkennedype:
Hi Mladen,

I've been tinkering with your digital filter indicators....in particular the one designed for EA...attached here for reference. Would it be possible to create an indicator that puts an arrow on the chart for any number of 0,1,2,3 filter types. For example, the inputs might be like this:

Filter0 - Y/N

Filter0Price - 0

Filter1 - Y/N

Filter1Price - 0

Filter2 - Y/N

Filter2Price - 0

Filter3 - Y/N

Filter3Price - 0

And have it draw the same EA type indicator with an optional arrow on the chart and alert..

Here is my chart with four instances of the indicator marked when they all agree.

Thanks

Ben

Yes it does....I missed that earlier. Sorry about that....and the one you point out is already MTF.

I notice that the 4 main digital filters are included...and others are excluded. Is there a reason for that?

Thanks

Ben

mladen:
Ben

I believe that "digital filters - trend score" does 90% of the job you need ( the one from this post : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general )

It does not draw arrows but it has a built in alerting when a certain level is reached. There is an explanation on the original post how the score is calculated, and in the case you are looking for, with default weights, when 3 filters are aligned, level 2 is reached

regards

Mladen
Reason: