Harmonic Trading - page 346

grandaevus:

Last Leg is an Up Leg , dot D successfully enters the D Box Area and returns back. Now we're waiting for a down leg for the pattern to be completed.

As you can see from the picture, more than 15 bars has been passed since D point.

maxBarToD here shows the maximum bar number from the last D point while waiting the zigzag to make an other leg.

if we use here 15 instead of 150, indicator wouldn't draw anything thinking that pattern has already been completed since bar number to D exceeds "maxBarToD" value.

Question FOR YOU!?!?!? Is this ZUP pattern supposed to show the PRZ areas or the RED box by chance? Thank you!

bubbadirect:
Question FOR YOU!?!?!? Is this ZUP pattern supposed to show the PRZ areas or the RED box by chance? Thank you!

This screenshot taken from a valid pattern detected by ###ZUP_v113wsv43

Nice bearish bat on the US Dollar index daily chart and weekly charts:

2013-04-13_1110 - finster869's library

grandaevus:
This screenshot taken from a valid pattern detected by ###ZUP_v113wsv43

Hi Grandaevus,

With your ###ZUP_v113wsv43 filtering out patterns because they do not meet precise time & ratio requirements, have you found them any more reliable, do you trade them with any other indicator apart from the built in Fibo expansion? Also have you done any studies on the reliability/success rate of your more precise patterns compared to the less precise patterns found in say ZUP v135 ALL?

Regards

RT

Robot Trader:
Hi Grandaevus,

With your ###ZUP_v113wsv43 filtering out patterns because they do not meet precise time & ratio requirements, have you found them any more reliable, do you trade them with any other indicator apart from the built in Fibo expansion? Also have you done any studies on the reliability/success rate of your more precise patterns compared to the less precise patterns found in say ZUP v135 ALL?

Regards

RT

I believe in harmonic patterns since they're constructed on pure maths.

I use only zup & fibonacci (retracements, extensions & expansions). Nothing else.

grandaevus:
I believe in harmonic patterns since they're constructed on pure maths. I use only zup & fibonacci (retracements, extensions & expansions). Nothing else.

I have not found the pure maths enough to give me an edge (more patterns fail than are winners), so I trade patterns only with divergence, this helps bring down the quantity of patterns I trade. I then narrow it down further by looking to trade patterns where PA is still moving but with smaller volume (Bulls or Bears losing interest), this approach seems to give me more high probability trades which helps the maths of my account equity.

I wanted to know if you had done any study on your pure maths approach to filtering out patterns that do not conform to your tight tolerances, are they giving you an edge are you getting above 50% success rate are there any types of patterns that perform better than others and do you trade every pattern your version of ZUP finds or do you look for certain characteristics within the pattern formation other than just pure maths?

Regards

RT

Robot Trader:
I have not found the pure maths enough to give me an edge (more patterns fail than are winners), so I trade patterns only with divergence, this helps bring down the quantity of patterns I trade. I then narrow it down further by looking to trade patterns where PA is still moving but with smaller volume (Bulls or Bears losing interest), this approach seems to give me more high probability trades which helps the maths of my account equity.

I wanted to know if you had done any study on your pure maths approach to filtering out patterns that do not conform to your tight tolerances, are they giving you an edge are you getting above 50% success rate are there any types of patterns that perform better than others and do you trade every pattern your version of ZUP finds or do you look for certain characteristics within the pattern formation other than just pure maths?

Regards

RT
  • Never use a maximum deviation more than %5 for Fibonacci retracement deviations & leg lengths.
  • Never use a maximum deviation more than %10 for time deviations.
  • When a pattern is detected, I always look for a fib expansion inside the D box area. If there's not, I don't enter the trade.
  • I check C point. If it's too close to D point , I don't enter the trade (depends on your time frame)

These are my main trading principles with Harmonic patterns. This discipline gives me a success rate of %80 - 85

Hi GrandAevus,

Thanks so much for sharing..

In your opinion, in which pair/index have you the most profit ? And is the ZUP works for all pairs and all time frame ?

And for the sendmail function, after put 'true' on parameters 'extSendMail', where do i enter my mail on the program ?

Thanks !

Twan1712:
Hi GrandAevus,

Thanks so much for sharing..

In your opinion, in which pair/index have you the most profit ? And is the ZUP works for all pairs and all time frame ?

And for the sendmail function, after put 'true' on parameters 'extSendMail', where do i enter my mail on the program ?

Thanks !

Harmonic patterns trading strategy can be used in any pair & time frame.

I personally use zup on high time frames like H4, D1 & W1.

To send mail via mt4 terminal, go to tools --->options ---> email & enter your mail settings.

###ZUP_v113wsv43 checks the patterns on last leg only. Past pattern search is locked. Which means, indicator will only draw a pattern if it's found on last leg=current leg. if it can't find a pattern on last leg=current leg.

In the next version, I'll unlock this future. Indicator will first search patterns in the last leg, then looks for past patterns in previous legs.

But alert,sendmail & playalert function will run if a new pattern is detected in last leg.

Let me explain it :

Last leg is a down leg and ###ZUP_v113wsv43 doesn't draw anything since nothing is detected in the current leg.

Now new version ###ZUP_v113wsv45 (beta stage)

Last leg is a down leg. But on previous up leg, ###ZUP_v113wsv45 detects a 5-0 pattern and draws it.

Files:
Reason: