10.000 Pips on EURUSD

Hello,

does anybody like my EA it buy when market fall, it sell when market rise.

if i am reading correctly, you doubled your money in 12 years. is that correct?

sn

serpentsnoir:

sn

Yes it give me that result for the most currecys pairs when I am testing.

If you have some expericene you can maybe doubled your account also in one year, for example when a long trend occur the trendfilter in the EA stop the tradeing for the most time and with a manuel strategy you can try to trade in the direction of the trend.

this strategie work best in sideway markets. You can also try for example to serach some good settings for sideway market and trade it on 1 or 2 pairs wich have most time sideway move, and manage with a manuel trend strategie the risk when trends occur, with such a strategie doubleing a account in a year could also be possible. it give you mostly enough time to manage bigger trends, because it dont beginn to fast with buying or selling more orders because of the trendfilter.

In a backtest you just can see very static results, it can just show that the EA can work in the most market times. but in livetradeing you can often change your settings and other thinks, add some manuell tradeing to it, then the results look other.

serpentsnoir:

sn

Yeah, that seems correct. This type of system will only be good for pennies account lot sizes.

Hey Tim, you've been at this since 2007. Why aren't you providing some Live account results for your marketing. Has this marketing-pitch really been working for you? I mean, I wouldn't purchase something like that unless I was convinced it was not curve-fitted.

ubzen:

Yeah, that seems correct. This type of system will only be good for pennies account lot sizes.

Hey Tim, you've been at this since 2007. Why aren't you providing some Live account results for your marketing. Has this marketing-pitch really been working for you? I mean, I wouldn't purchase something like that unless I was convinced it was not curve-fitted.

Hello, I think you have also some experience in MT4 codeing and know how this strategys work, you are right that you must use smaller lotsize with this strategys and you need also the experience to see long trends and trade in the direction of this trend to help the EA a little bit.

In the backtest wich i have show we can see that it also can work automatic, but i would trade it in live market other way, i would trie to trade manuel also in the direction of a trend or sometimes you can change the profit wich you want, when you have some buyorders open and you see that the market goes up you can let the EA buy more and more orders and then make maybe also in a month double the account. That depend all to your experience.

Because of your question about marketing and live results, i am nobody hoe has interest in make a marketing with this, i just trie to code sometimes for people to get some dollar and use it to trade my own strategy ideas.

...Hello, I think you have also some experience in MT4 codeing and know how this strategys work...

Yeah I know how it works. Question is why take a No-Stop_Loss risk for so little? I've built allot of systems like yours, but haven't been able to use anything more than macro-lots until something changed recently. And It was the accuracy of the signal within the side-ways market. Knowing that a good-bye trend is the weakness to such strategies. You and I would need figure out the "when are we in a good-bye trend". By good-bye trend, I mean the price is not gonna retrace even 33% since your first entry.

You're saying the answer to that requires the skills of a manual trader. I agree with you for now. But somehow, I feel this knowledge can be programmed into an EA. The ones that can't IMO are the Fundamentals and Crisis.

Here's an example of what mines did the last 1.5 weeks. But I still want a mechanical method of how to exit a killer trend. Any Ideas?

> example of what mines did the last 1.5 weeks...

Impressive - I just hope it's not too susceptible to the usual demo/live differences

> still want a mechanical method of how to exit a killer trend...

My latest indi to do just that will appear in the Code Base as soon as Rosh as checked it for spam-vertising ;)

-BB-

ubzen:

...Hello, I think you have also some experience in MT4 codeing and know how this strategys work...

Yeah I know how it works. Question is why take a No-Stop_Loss risk for so little? I've built allot of systems like yours, but haven't been able to use anything more than macro-lots until something changed recently. And It was the accuracy of the signal within the side-ways market. Knowing that a good-bye trend is the weakness to such strategies. You and I would need figure out the "when are we in a good-bye trend". By good-bye trend, I mean the price is not gonna retrace even 33% since your first entry.

You're saying the answer to that requires the skills of a manual trader. I agree with you for now. But somehow, I feel this knowledge can be programmed into an EA. The ones that can't IMO are the Fundamentals and Crisis.

Here's an example of what mines did the last 1.5 weeks. But I still want a mechanical method of how to exit a killer trend. Any Ideas?

I see you have the same experience with this systems. This trend wich you call good-bye trend where the price dont make enough retracement i have trie to filter with my moving average, i stop buying or selling when the price goes above or below the moving average.

another possible think can be to trade with manual help, for example when you have a sellorders open from the ea and then you see the price is going up and you have already 4 sellorders open, then you can open one buyorder and secure the order with a break even stoploss, then open another buyorder and do the same again as long the price go up, if the price go more up and up then you build some buyorders into this up trend and during the price is going up you stop the ea opening new sellorders, for example with a moving average filter like i do. if the up trend is going very well, then you have more buyorder open wich are all secure with a stoploss at break even and if the gain from the buyorders is more then the loose from the sellorders, then you can close the sellorders all and let the ea start new again.

with the moving average trend filter that i have code into the ea it stop to buy or sell for enough time, till you can see what is going on in the market, then you have enough time to can react and help the ea a little bit. you can see in the 2 backtest above that i make, that the moving average filter helps, without the moving average filter the 2 backtest would not run.

Impressive - I just hope it's not too susceptible to the usual demo/live differences

Thx. I'm trying not to get too excited about it because it's unrealistic results. The back-test for EUR/USD and USD/JPY and Others were quite good with little drawdown in most years. I ran the stats for stuff like ROR, Ruin..etc. And I came to this conclusion. Run this thing on all the Majors that are NOT too dependent. Because the chances of Bust is Low, I'll pull my money out when it doubles the account :). Individually, they make about 30k a year per-Pair. Now worse case scenario, all these pairs goes in the wrong direction (For or Against) USD and Never-Retrace (enough for the system). I'm hoping the odds of that is low.

Added: As to the difference demo/live. I believe the biggest one is Spreads & Slippage. For those, I uses some of the best tricks to avoid them, some of which I may have even got from you ;). But even if the broker toke 10-Pip out of every one of my entries, I'm confident that this would not hurt my system much because A) it's not scalping/nor aiming for a set target and B) closing of orders depends on overall profit. C) I could increase the Profit-F to double digits if I went the greedy route ... but at that point, my average lot-size would be too high to with stand a Good-Bye trend should one develop out of the blue. Reason C is why I think it can with-stand additional 10-pips spreads.

My latest indi to do just that will appear in the Code Base as soon as Rosh as checked it for spam-vertising ;)

Cool, I look forward to it. Since you're a Trend-Guru, I'm sure I'll learn something from it.

ubzen:

Thx. I'm trying not to get too excited about it because it's unrealistic results. The back-test for EUR/USD and USD/JPY and Others were quite good with little drawdown in most years. I ran the stats for stuff like ROR, Ruin..etc. And I came to this conclusion. Run this thing on all the Majors that are NOT too dependent. Because the chances of Bust is Low, I'll pull my money out when it doubles the account :). Individually, they make about 30k a year per-Pair. Now worse case scenario, all these pairs goes in the wrong direction (For or Against) USD and Never-Retrace (enough for the system). I'm hoping the odds of that is low.

Added: As to the difference demo/live. I believe the biggest one is Spreads & Slippage. For those, I uses some of the best tricks to avoid them, some of which I may have even got from you ;). But even if the broker toke 10-Pip out of every one of my entries, I'm confident that this would not hurt my system much because A) it's not scalping/nor aiming for a set target and B) closing of orders depends on overall profit. C) I could increase the Profit-F to double digits if I went the greedy route ... but at that point, my average lot-size would be too high to with stand a Good-Bye trend should one develop out of the blue. Reason C is why I think it can with-stand additional 10-pips spreads.

Cool, I look forward to it. Since you're a Trend-Guru, I'm sure I'll learn something from it.

Looks good, congrats,. 60% is grailing enough even to apply a few filters ;)

Regarding the fundamentals, big part of the traders i know believe that fundamental data is already included in the market.

...Regarding the fundamentals, big part of the traders i know believe that fundamental data is already included in the market...

Yep, I always shared this belief. A technical trader would have to believe the above statement to call himself a technical trader. However a billionaire trader would have to become fundamentally driven because his orders moves markets but even he cannot overcome the Nations. Therefore he'll need to be right while the Nation is wrong on the fundamental level.

@PipTraderTim:

Tho I haven't tried your approach to hedging the same currency by setting a break-even. I'll say in general hedging the Same currency was not the solution for me. Once you placed the hedge, you'll lock yourself into a loss. A perfect hedge is the same as having a 0 position. You'll be better off closing the losing position.

But perhaps you're right and hedging with break-even might work.... so I might experiment with that when I have the time. I believe your system would be much better than mine if you Diversify. But the problem is your wins from your diverse orders would add far less than mine. In simple terms, you'll be losing more than you're bringing in. If you can find better entries which depends less on the order_management then you'll be able to keep the system afloat until ... in your words ... you can see what is going on in the market.

Reason: