General - page 1918

Hi All, My strategy requeires that I take partial profits along the way. So if I enter an order (long) with say 3 lots, how do I set the "take profits" order to only sell 1 lot, instead of closing the whole position? Thanks! Erik
Hi, When a pending trade order has been entered, I would like to know why it is not possible to modifiy the number of lots later. It is possible to change only the SL or TP. In my case a different SL also means a different lot size. So I am obliged to delete the order and recreate one. A bit tough...
I am using HyperServer, HyperOrder and HyperOrder Client, to take data from MetaTrader 3.86, feed it into Prosuite 2000i and then send my trades to a MT3 broker. The problem... When going from long to short or short to long, it requires 2 rapid separate trades. The first trade is fine, but the 2nd...
I am trying to move "StdDev Channel" which has two coordinates t1 and t2 So I would expect that the function should look as follows: ObjectMove("StdDev Channel",2, Time[i], 0, Time[i+10], 0); However, I get compile error "wrong parameters count" The following works a OK only on front part of the...
Look in the image how you get auto-trading works in Metatrader 4.
Hi, This is my first post, I've been reading through the forum and found many useful information for beginner like me. I need help to customize an indicator. Attached is MACD and OA indicator. I need to modify the macd indicator so that the MACD Wave have two colors like the OA indicator. I have try
if (Symbol()=="EURJPY") { Print("* ", Point); } Output: * 0.0001 (should be 0.01) Build 182, MetaQuotes Demo Server. Markus
I just opened a file from a ZIP archive (double click) which came up read only. However, Edit-Find or Ctrl+F did not work (no dialog came up). Markus
  Trade on ...  (36   1 2 3 4)
This EA trades on Friday only. Not bad on eurusd h1 with default settings
I'm experimenting with DLL's , and am failing miserably! evey DLL I try to import comes with MZ' - variable not defined. The MZ' appears to be a string of "M" "Z" Char(0) Char(39) It finds the dll ok, just fails to compile. any help gratefully received rgds
  Ichimoku  (8)
This EA is realize one Ishumoku tend algorithm only to open the position. But it seems to be good. For EURUSD D1 only. Great! When I wrote this message the EA gave me 20 p profit.
First of all congratulations to metaquotes for an outstanding package. I have demoed several other forex trading software and MT is the best and most versatile hands down. Yes there are a few bugs but what software doesn't. Anyway.. I am having trouble getting the publisher to work and ftp to my...
  Favorites ?  (3)
hi, what is Favorites ? Folder ? File Transfer in Favorite ? more Favorites Folders possible ? Regards
There is a significant weakness in the way that the strategy tester generates intrabar ticks for 1M charts. The effect is that, for some strategies that set a tight stop loss, the tester consistently underestimates the strategy's performance. Consider the situation where the price is rising quickly...
  Open Close...  (2)
...I would like to design a strategy which would enter a position at the open price and exit the position at the close price. Every time a tick is made the start() funciton is called. How can it be detected if it is a first tick of a new bar (open price) or if it is the last tick of a bar (close...
Jack Schwager, Market Wizards: Interviews With Top Traders Jack Schwager, New Market Wizards: Interviews With Top Traders Lukac and Brorsen, A Comparison of Twelve Technical Trading Systems Ralph Vince, Portfolio Management Formulas Perry Kaufman, Smarter Trading Perry Kaufman, Trading Systems and...
RSI-3TF = RSI in 3 Time Frames is Great Indicator by Russian Example М15 Chart Indicator RSI-3TFRSI(5), М30(7), Н1(14) look image.. --
hi , i want to do some modification to the demarker indicator , so i implement it in this way ( i don't know his formula of it) //+------------------------------------------------------------------+//| demarker.mq4 |//|...
When I read that this should have been fixed in 183 I updated imediatly, despite the fact that I usually wait, and now I regret that! It is worse then before! Slawa, is Metaquotes aware of that?
Very GREAT Forum !!! :cool: but little Smile icons more Smile icons possible ? and Avatars not possible ! ?? --
Hi there, I am atttempting to code the Double Stochastic Indicator for MT4...the indicator when shown looks fine, just like it should. Only trouble is, when I add the indicator to a new chart, the indicator window is blank...when I go tot the MetaEditor and compile the indicator twice, the...
Metaquotes, How does it feel to know that brokers, your customers, are recommending that their clients not even use the new version 4 platofrm b/c there are so many problems and instead use version 3??
RiskSim 0.1 - Trading simulator http://fxtools.tvvliet.com/
If you want to start to study the mql4 programming so this thread is for you. First, go here http://www.metaquotes.net/experts/mql4
VT platform, 1:400, on-line only, demo accounts without expiration date, indicators etc). Download here: http://vtsoftware.fxserver.com/VTtrader/VisualTradingSetup.exe Open real account here: https://ema.fxserver.com/contract/refer.do?referrer=422&offer=ZR-1496501860&contractType=Individual
[Deleted]
Can someone help me to create a crude alert for the Strato's system? Here are the specs 1) create an alarm sound whenever ema12 and ema89 on 5 minutes chart is 10 pips within each other (does not have to cross since emas can bounce off each other). The juice indicator must be med to high for the...
This is the second time that the data feed has been interrupted in a row. I just wish Metaquote could send out an email indicating the time server maintanace is due so that we can stop our trading/strategy testing activity. Any estimate on when the feed will be restored?
The author who posted this EA to the yahoo group stated the following: 1) you can discern Direction by PERIOD_D1 instead of PERIOD_W1, but with larger parameters. See comments in code, and choose it the way you want. I'm not sure it makes a huge diff in the long run. 2) Moving open buy/sell stops...
I have an expert short EUR on H1 and an expert which tries to enter Short on CHF M15 and other 6 charts open with no experts attached. The m15 expert prints the following using my comments in the code : "received short signal" "Denied trading" using the following block:...
hi how can i see all the alerts that apper in the new alert window , are the seved in special file ? i know that they are saved in the regular log file , but it's hard to sort the coz there are alot of aditinal data there. thanks