General - page 1914

What is the MQL4 function for selecting the last closed order? I have tried OrderSelect(0,SELECT_BY_POS,MODE_HISTORY); but this isn't working..
Hello, Recently I have replaced the data for EUR/USD with very good quality DVD data from a 3rd party, M1 bars from 1998-2005. Then I used a reliable script from StrategyBuilderFX which then built the M5,M15,M30 and H1 bars for the same time interval. Looking at the results in the backtest profile,...
  Bulls and Bears  (2)
One of them.
  Caterpillar  (10)
Name of this indicator is Caterpillar. caterpillar.mq4 is going to the indicator's folder as usual and ExpertSample.dll in the librarues folder (experts/libraries). There is website in Russian and they are selling some software. And people created this indicator to use instead of this software....
Since November 1st the guage of incoming ticks from IBFX has drop up to 35% - 50%. Before November, my ticks collector program receive 5,000 to 10,000 ticks daily, but now only 3,000 to 5,000 ticks daily. This is not good for its clients, I think. This change affects mostly on scalping systems...
MetaQuotes: I've been doing some testing with the strategy tester component in mt. The specific script that I'm running includes the Bollinger Band indicator. After performing a back-test in the strategy tester, I can open the chart as normal that will display the locations of where orders are...
Hi, In my expert, when opening/closing a position,I add an arrow_color parameter in order for an arrow to be displayed in the terminal graph - something like: OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_BUY, Lots,Ask,3,Ask-Stoploss*Point,Ask+TakeProfit*Point,"test1",16384,0,Green); but no arrows appear in the graph even...
  Peak ? Trough ?  (4)
hello i will convert Metastock code to MQL but what is Peak ? Trough ? Metastock code: Peak(1,H,10)>=0.9*Peak(2,H,10) AND Trough(1,L,10)>=1.1*Trough(2,H,10)
Greetings MT I have noticed that in the C:\Program Files\MetaTrader 4\tester\logs folder a huge amount of data is stored. I deleted over 19 GB worth of logs. I do alot of testing, as I am sure most who use mt4 do. Can you add a feature that will delete these logs after a user defined time period...
I'm quite pleased with MT4's order entry capabilities as it is. The one issue I have relates to a common exit strategy traders employ - that is to "peel" out of their trades. I'd love to see an option to do this. Here's the scenario: I place an entry sell stop order at 1.1700. I place a stop loss...
2-3 times each day i stop receiving real time quotes, prices freeze. AT the moment prices have been frozen for 10 mins. I keep log in on and off but they are still frozen
  ISession  (7)
great TimeZone Indicator Asia, EURO, USA --
I am trying to use Series Array feature. What am I doing wrong?..Please. SilverBuffer[i] is indicator buffer. ImBand is temporary buffer. double ImBand[100];ArraySetAsSeries(ImBand, true);ImBand[i]=iMA(NULL,0,20,0,MODE_SMA,PRICE_OPEN,i);SilverBuffer[i]=ImBand[i];//This works...
  Stochy Ea  (4)
Here it is.Some traders use it in live trading and demo (see attaches),and take good profits.Backtests give good results (D1 for example).But i can`t get normal work of it in demo trading.It opens only long positions,and doesnt open shot.In attach:this EA (stochy), one another version of it,and...
MetaTrader 4 Build 186 has been updated. Changes: 1. Improved operation of DDE. 2. Improved triggering of Trailing Stop at the close TP-level of the order. 3. Improved sorting of open positions during testing. 4. Added "Copy All" popup menu item when copying strings containing optimization and...
Where did the following toolbar buttons disappear to in build 186? Linear regression Standard deviation Andrew's pitchforks Cycle lines Etc. I know they can all be accessed via the Insert menu, but that is inconvienent, especially if you want to draw more than one of the same object, such as...
To prevent my system from overtrading I try to limit it to one trade per day per symbol. How do I do that with MT3? As I understand, LastTradeTime gives the last time that a trade was opened for the entire account, but if I have an expert running on several pairs, I can't make MetaTrader only...
I refer you to http://www.buzzardsbay.org/geomean.htm which shows a few ways to do the calculation of geometric mean. My issue is how to do in MQL4 Am not really into maths as such so.... over to you! OK? Many thanks Tim
MT4 - Build 186. OS- Windows 2000 CN with SP4 ------------------------------- SpeechText Function doesnt speak with the SPEECH_NATIVE. Even in the alertwindow, there is only ENGLISH can be selected in the Language dropdownlistbox once I select the action is VOICE....
Hi, i have a strange bug: When trying to run my simple EA on backtesting (with range of date), suddenly i see that my EA is missing many days. and the most starnge thing is that the programm skipping over some lines code (inside the start() ) i saw it first, when i tried to test a 'real' EA,...
The same time, the same timeframe, the same indicators with the same settings and everything is the same. Brokers are different. And images should be the same. Or should be different?
Is there a way to get MT4 to create *.csv files in a different directory other than in Experts>Files or a subdirectory of it? If so, how does one code this? WRR
How would I write the expression in Mt4 "the lowest low in last 8 hours"? or "the highest high in the last 8 hours" Thanks Kev
Does anyone know how to use an expert attached to, say, GBP/USD to get a current price for GBP/JPY? I am trying to calculate pip values for a lot sizing strategy. Thanks, JS
I have a simple alert that lets me know when the macd has a signal, but it only alerts when I change charts, if I go from H4 to H1 it will give me the alert for H4. I am very new to MT4. Thanks, Chad
Hi Is anybody else have problems with LocalTime() returning a incorrect value after the build 186 upgrade? With build 184 it's working 100% Barry
Hi, How can I know the duration expresse by number of bars (in the current chart) for a specific position ? Actually, I want to close a position automatically after 30 bars (in my expert-advisor) How can I do that ? 10X !
Hi ... Iam new her kan you plz help me with haw to reigt the sell and bay cods in the MQ4 , iam using the MetaTrader 4 and the stander Parabolic stratigi i wed like to make it automatic when the point is up so it well sell and when its dawn so its well bay ..................... plz haw kan i make
Hi All, Does anyone know how to place the stochastic indicator on the price chart frame? Only seem to pop it in a seperate window. I've already tried altering the #property field to indicator_chart_window but to no avail. Any and all help welcome :) Martin
  Zigzag Trading System Development  (79   1 2 3 4 5 ... 7 8)
Some EAs which were created within the development of the trading system. Indicators you may find https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173098 Discussion about this system https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/172922