General - page 1924

I am using a demo account for my code which is based on MT3 API. I used the code one year ago with, of course, another demo account. Recently, I have had connection problem with the code. Always connection fails though the demo account works with MT4 trading station. The server and port I am using...
  Feature request  (1)
Hello, I'd like to be able to easily get the lotsize and the dollar value of a single point from within an expert. Reasoning: With brokers beginning to define lot sizes outside the norm (i.e., instead of 100000 units being 1 lot, some brokers are defining odd sizes, such as 70000, as 1 lot), it...
Hi, Just un-installed Metquotes and then rebooted and downloaded the latest version and re-installed it. But when I go to open an account it is set to InterbankFX server and not Metaquotes What is the Metaquotes Server? Thanks EK
I have a program that is allowed to open several positions at a time. From time to time I want to close all open positions. I use the following loop. It works, but the problem is that it takes several ticks to close them all. Shouldn't this loop in this example go through all open positions and
I'm trying contact strateydbuildfx.com to write a program for me but no answer from them. Can someone provide contact number to them or tell me how can I contact some one for programming.
Hi, I was using the "OrderSelect(1,SELECT_BY_POS);" function in MT4 and I noticed that this function only works if there is a space after the commas. So OrderSelect(1,SELECT_BY_POS); does not work, but ] OrderSelect(1, SELECT_BY_POS); does work. If a programmer forgets to include a space here this...
Hello, Why has MetaQuotes only used the start() function in MACD sample, whereas when I open a blank Expert Advisor ready to start programming in, it shows the start(), init() and deinit() functions. Why are the init() and deinit() functions missing from your MACD sample? Thank you. RJF
  import
What format MetaTrader expects when importing data in the history center? I point it to a file which i just exported from the history center and it shows nothing in the data pane below... If it's own export is not good, what is
I am posting this for a friend because he has not yet been given forum access and he wants to get started with Metatrader! >>Please can you help with this. I am getting the crash report below under the following conditions: 1) Install Metatrader trial- OK. 2) Program displays 4 charts - all OK...
if I have a reference to Open[] in the EA and it is installed in the day time frame, and then I move to th 1 hr time frame will the bar referenced for the Open[] be: a. Tick b. Daily c. 1 hr
again I would appreciate an answer to this suimple question posted a while ago, crappy forum
I am interested in this question: yes, we can call dll function from EA and pass current parameters there, but how from dll after decision to place order???? The first thing that comes to mind is to return the result so that EA sets the order, but in some other difficult cases, e.g. we decide to
Explanations made by Matthew Kennel Here is a modification of Mindagaus' v034 TSD EA that I made. It has options to choose new entry locations, in addition to the original O'Brien one pip above/below high/low.. They are entering on what I believe is Jacob Yego's rule, and another on "Camarilla"...
  TSD Forum  (7)
This board has the potential to be a great and easy to use forum. I sincerely hope that people use it. It would be a shame to see such a nice asset fade away due to lack of use. Cheers to the creator of the forum for your work and contribution. If enough people come over from the Yahoo group to work...
The demo server has been down twice now within the past 7 days. I can't test my theories if you guys are down. Have you thought about setting up more than one demo server?
There is next situation: 1. I connect to server 2. Start pumping mode 3. If I stop pumping mode I'll be able to start it againg, but only with that instance of object I used first time. So if I want to connect to other server or if I have distroyed the first instance of object I'll not be able to...
Ive been using this for some time and have never had it go down much less in twice.
TSD Starters Pack made by Martin
  Line limit  (1)
Hello, I would like to know if there is any limit to the number of lines drawn in the subgraph in MT4? (i.e. is it possible to have more than 2 lines drawn?) Thanks
Hello! There's another bug similar to this one: "praise, one possible bug and some suggestions" iCustom indicator are also loaded on each call, if there is a string parameter present in the parameter list (string provided for input via "..." in iCustom). Regards Markus
On InterBank's demo server, my script is trying to make a trade and I get an "ERR_NO_CONNECTION" error. I'm able to login because I see my open orders. - Vooch
From what I read, with this EA I don't have to attached it on the weekly chart but just the daily chart. What I am not sure about: do I need to attach the OSMA,MACD,index force or WPR indicators on it too? Thank you for your help Sada
hello everybody, i have a problem with Ema of Cross in the mql4. i want to konw how could i realize when the two Ema lines had crossd then appear a sylbol in the chart like following picture. thanks a lot
  Expert/Indicator  (24   1 2 3)
Hi Guys, I have started developing my Expert as indicator so I can see and study all timings and functions as I would be looking at digital scope. Now I have my points were I would like to open/close my order and I am not able to do it from my indicator. Is there any way to run an Expert with...
hi im building EA the gets data from several Custom indicator , can i get vars value from the CI that are not saved in a buffer??? thanks
  BUY/SELL REVERSE  (4)
How can I get the system to reverse in the same bar?, when i exit the position, enter it in the opposit direction?
Would it be better to use scripts to send alerts from an indicator rather than imbed the alerts inside an indicator..? Or would having a user defined function imbedded inside the indicator be better... thanks in advance david
  Programing  (3)
Hi, How can I contact some one who can help me write a code (expert adviser?). Thanks
I added an Alert to an indicator and it loops continusouly... Is there a way to add an Alert to an indicator using the Alert function without it looping or do you have to use it in experts only... thanks david
  MQ4 to EX4  (1)
I want to protect my code and distribute my EA. How can I turn my MQ4 EA to a EX4 EA? Please help.