General - page 1943

So I've been testing some scripts with my demo MT4 account. Today I had a couple trades that got stopped out almost immediately. Considering I had 50 pip stops, I found it a little weird (to say the least) that a trade would be stopped out within a matter of minutes. Barring news releases, price...
MT4 is a beautiful application, handicapped by it's lack of 10 minute and 2 hour charts. PLEASE correct this for final release! The period converter script will suffice for custom periods but the 10 minute chart, especially, is a standard chart time frame widely used. The 10 minute chart needs to...
[Deleted]
Hi Scorpion, Just trying with the ZeroCode: ADX =10 / Buy Logics AND ADX Current > ADX Previous But it wouldn't verify. Please let me know the right code. Many thanks
Does anybody know how to send a request to the metatrader server to historic data? I know it can be done because I'm currently getting the data from alpari into Tradestation 2000i. I just don't know HOW it's done. My system is primarily in Excel and I'm currently using the VT-Trader API to get the
I am looking for a larger Forex Brokerage firm that does not charge a commission or fee, with tight spreads. Can anybody suggest one that uses Metatrader and Expert Advisors?? Thanks, Dave
The necessity of publishing charts screenshots on web sites occurs rather frequently. In the most cases, traders use the method of direct copying through PrintScreen (Alt+PrintScreen) and subsequent cropping with the help of other applications. Unfortunately, screenshots obtained in this way often...
Hello I noted that when a chart is opend all indicators are started and then the price (bars) are updated from the server. The question is: How could I suspend the start() function until the connection with the server is closed and bars updated. I prefer then to fire the start() function because...
Is there any way of assigning a hot key to a menu item ? For example, assigning F3 to "Draw rectangle"? This is to avoid having to use the mouse for this operation. Many thanks
Is it possible to have the original comment on an order after the order has been cancelled by any EA? Right now, the comment field is clear after any EA cancel it. This is important once you have multiple EA running and some of them can cancel an order, then would be able to identify which EA
Hi All, I was wondering if anyone has coded up the indicators for Elliot Wave Trend, Oscillator, and Number ? I was looking at a different strategy that requires these and have only found the oscillator which has been coded by tonyc2a - thanks bud for that work. Much appreciated by all, I'm sure...
Hey, I recently downloaded ZeroCode and I love it. Its simply great. I have a coding question. I am not sure how to set this up on ZeroCode. What I want is to enter a trade when two different CCIs (14 and 35 period for example) cross the 100 line at the same time (same time meaning both crossing...
Hello I've a question: How can I change the color of one only bar? Or the background of this only one bar? Is it possible at all? Thank you Ivo
I ran a backtest on my expert advisor on a 1 hr EURUSD graph. I have pictures of the results and the MQL coding to send to you to show you that it is buying and selling when the MA crossovers (are not) taking place. Could I have your email address to send these pictures, setups and MQL coding to...
Can the feed of prices to Metatrader be used to feed other charting programs as well using a dde. If so how can it be done. Thanks RBK
I want to open a position if the price crosses an MA. (Buy) But once the position is open I want to add to that position if the opening price is still above the MA. That gives me 2 problems. a] How to enter 2 'buy types' in ZeroCode and making sure they are executed in the right order. b] During the...
Can anyone help write the Center of Gravity indicator by John Ehler in MT4? Blessings, Jerry Is there anyone that can point me in the right direction or to the right person for help??
i'm trying to activate the email function, all the setting might be ok but i alway get the following error: 2005.06.21 12:59:26 Mail: error connecting to smtp.1und1.de any idea what could be wrong? THX, Daniel
Is it possible to disable a single expert advisor? The 'disable expert advisors' is a great feature.. it would really be great to be able to do this on a window by window basis. thanks
Greeting all, The below code is meant to delete, for a specific symbol, a pending buystop order if the bid is less than open[0] or a sellstop order if the ask is greater than open[0] It does not work :( Anybody have an idea what is wrong .... Thanks total=OrdersTotal();...
Hi Guys, Is it possible for you guys to add in a simple 'left extension' to the Trendline ray option? Really good for long term trendline. Hand in hand with the above, for long term trendlines, the current method for moving these trendlines is ONLY being able to grab the middle extension point and
  Partnership  (3)
Hello Metaquotes, Have you considered Steve Nison as your trading partner: http://www.candlecharts.com/our-partners.html
Is it possible to save the indicator values in the history file along with the OHLC, date time and vol, to be exported at a later time? I would appreciate this as it would help with analysis and system building / tweaking. Would appreciate all your help and assistance if its possible. Thanks in
Is there a way to run MetaTrader CE or MetaTrader for Palm on Nokia 9210i Communicator ?
Can you please indicate live release date for ver 4?
The first step I have taken is mirror your creation of the MACD crossover as your video shows. Once compiled, I tried to create an expert advisor with my brokerage firm. First I opened the test file of the MACD crossover into their Metaquotes Language Editor. Then I opened the Navigator up in...
Along with a moving average crossover, I would like to create one additional condition in my program to check to see if the current price is (below) any valley peak (low) that may be occured in the previous 10 bars before the current bar. Can you assist me on this condition also, please!! Then I can
If I want an indicator MA crossover where the sell signal is generated 5 pips after the crossover takes place, how do I state this in the logic statement that your program will accept. If MA(1) previous crosses MA(2) current - 5 pips then sell. Can you create 2 statements such as Statement 1) And...
I've been working on a modification of the Parabolic.mq4 Custom Indicator - adding an alert when the indicator reverses. I've been compiling this against the USD/JPY M5 chart - of course, I went through many iterations, changes, before finally getting the code to perform as I wanted - with the...
Several months ago, I had no problems installing the software into my work work computer. I have just updated to a faster computer, t's a hp compaq pentium 4. However, when I attempt to dowdload, as the exe file is being executed, installation is haulted with this "cannot install file alert.wav"...