MT4 on 4k Monitor

Hi
I bought a 4K monitor and am having trouble with the metatrader 4. The taskbar, the vertical bar prices, terminal, etc. appear with a very small font size. It is difficult to read. Can anyone help?

ricameo:
Hi
I bought a 4K monitor and am having trouble with the metatrader 4. The taskbar, the vertical bar prices, terminal, etc. appear with a very small font size. It is difficult to read. Can anyone help?

This is a Windows  issue, not an MT4 issue.

Control Panel

Appearance and Personalization

Display

Screen Resolution 

rod178:

This is a Windows  issue, not an MT4 issue.

Control Panel

Appearance and Personalization

Display

Screen Resolution 

rod178, thank you for your response but this is not the solution I'm looking for. If I lower the resolution to 1920x1080, I will not be taking advantage of the potential of my video card and monitor. I made this acquisition just to have the benefit of an image of 3840x2160. The quality difference in chart on metatrader is very big. But it seems that the Metatrader 4 is not ready for this technology. This technology is not very new and it offers a very great benefit, so do not know why MetaQuotes has not fixed this in their software.

Not everyone can afford a 4K monitor you know. It is still not common for people to have a 4K monitor. Until now there are people still using Windows XP. So figure it out already. I bet many are laughing at you including devs and they don't even feel sorry for you. No offense here though.

It seems the only solution is to buy a 55-65" 4K TELEVISION. On that one you can see all the numbers and info you want.
Just think of it: putting 4K resolution on the same 22-24" monitor where the good old 1920x1080 was before will result much smaller pixel sizes and if the same amount of pixels are drawing a number or letter, then these will me much smaller, too. It's pure physics.

Also, if you change to a lower resolution or make bigger letters in windows settings (or ask for bigger letters from MT4 developers), then you're at where you would be with a 1920x1080 monitor, so these are pointless moves.

Sounds funny or scary, but the solution is to buy that $1500-$3500 big screen 4K TV instead of the smaller sized monitor.

Btw. I don't know if I want to look at my account blown on a 65" screen... :DDD

Don, my monitor is large and it does not help at all. He is 41 inches. Soon my friends will you have this new technology within reach and you will remember me. Analyse chart with a 4K resolution is infinitely better. When you do this, they will never want to go back.

Fact of the matter, my 55" 4k tv was only 750 when I bought it back in march.  So the tech is affordable and anyone who still buys led or lcd tv's are total idiots.  Why get an 8 track when you can download the mp3?  Metaquotes needs to fix this problem for people who are not stuck in the stone age with an hdtv.

d4amenace:
Fact of the matter, my 55" 4k tv was only 750 when I bought it back in march.  So the tech is affordable and anyone who still buys led or lcd tv's are total idiots.  Why get an 8 track when you can download the mp3? 

So what is your 55" 4k TV if it isn't LED or LCD? 

d4amenace:
Metaquotes needs to fix this problem for people who are not stuck in the stone age with an hdtv.

I thought I read that one of the later builds was addressing the resolution issue, but I'm not sure about that.

However, the manifest file fix should still work - have a search for it and see how you get on.

honest_knave:

I thought I read that one of the later builds was addressing the resolution issue, but I'm not sure about that.

(Build 865)

i have same problem for my notebook ,  can i change the default font size for data / view / anyothers

kuolung1967:
i have same problem for my notebook ,  can i change the default font size for data / view / anyothers

Metatrader 920 still doesn't seem to work well with hi res displays. The Charts are ok, but the market watch window doesn't remember changes to the windows scaling after a reboot.

As mentioned by honest_knave above, Metatrader scales better with high res displays if you use a manifest file...

http://www.danantonielli.com/adobe-app-scaling-on-high-dpi-displays-fix/

(The article is written for Adobe but it works for Metatrader too)

Reason: