General - page 638

Have any of you guys read Bill Williams' books and/or traded Woodie's CCI? I can honestly say that reading Bill's books taught me 'how to approach the game of trading' - New Trading Dimensions is a philosophical bible to me. I don't actually like Bill's indicators however.... Woodies' concepts, on...
  Candles.  (17   1 2)
Why are the candles overlapping
  EA activation  (1)
Hi An EA that I purchased some time ago ( which has been working perfectly) is not loading onto my chart. How am I able to reactivate it? Thanks Mike
I'm new, and would like to find a sample code to create a function that would return the numeric value of an indicator. For example for the bear or bulls indicator.s Could you give me a link or sample code
Today my platform make an update to 2342 version. What new about 2342 build
  VPS Q&A  (24   1 2 3)
Hello, I am new to the world of VPS...some basic questions here. when I sign up for MT4's VPS I will commence the VPS service on a demo account, how do I switch the VPS from demo to my live account? thank you
Hello can any one experienced with Renko brick EA's assist me in understanding if it is at all possible to strategy test and optimize these particular sort of EA's accurately Thanks for your time
Hello, I found a strange behavior on MT5 strategy tester. In my MT5 platform, if I open a chart and use +/- keys (both keys on "main" section or in the "number pad" section) it zooms correctly but, when I run strategy tester I'm able to zoom only using keys on number pad. On my main PC is not a
Hi, I builded a library for one of my EA using this article's SQLite solution. This solution, inside a DLL, was coded for both 32 as well as 64 operating systems, which is my case. I have integrated my library with the SQLite inside my EA and compiled it many times and used it many times with
  MT5 or MT4  (2)
Will MT5/4 download if I am using LINUX? Its not happening for me! Help please. Thank you
  ECN STP Brokers  (2)
Hello I wondered if people had opinions on who are the best ECN STP brokers might be? I look everywhere for good information, but there are so many 'reviews' that are essentially advertising or promotion it's hard to truly tell one from another. Thank you very much
hi im trying to end the void ontick function just after my Stop Loss has been set. Sorry im a newbie and still learning. Im using a strategy quaint moving average strategy and i want to add a trailing stop loss to the code. i think the only was is to end the void ontick function once the rule is
  Calculate the probability of reversal  (121   1 2 3 4 5 ... 12 13)
Who is good at maths, please help me solve this problem, I can't figure out how to do it. We have a probability density plot for normal distribution, in normal distribution there is no memory and probability of direction of each next step =50%. Suppose we have a person who takes 10 steps, he can
Anyone know how to solve this problem I follow a signal which I wish to migrate onto a VPS, but for some unknown reason the button to migrate is greyed out and non functioning. I have other VPS on m other accounts working just fine
What happens on a practical level if I don't tick the box "Synchronizartion without confirmations" (so with confirmations) ? Urgent Reply pls
So i recently purchased something from here for my trading and i go to login to my community account through the terminal and nothing shows up in the terminal when i login so i can install my thing, someone please help
I am stuck with this error 4802. When I try to get value of the custom indicator handle CustomIndicatorHandle=iCustom(...); it says in the Experts tab: cannot load custom indicator (... )[4802] The indicator is put into C:\Program Files\MetaTrader 5\MQL5\Indicators Please help! Thanks.
I am programming an ea that places a trade once a day after the new day candle opens. But sometimes I get the warning "Trade Failure, Market Closed ". How do i re-send the trade if it doesn't open
Hi there, I recently dowloaded MT4 platform on two different computers (One at Home one at work to get richer twice as fast). The one at Home shows all forex pairs including AUD/NZD, NZD/JPY etc.. The one at work does not show all forex pairs but also show gold and some stock market symbols .How...
Since the creator has said only few pairs can be traded, but I found out that others are also profitable. So can I just add it to the chart and let it start trading? or it is some kind of creator setting
  Missing DOM  (9)
My DOM disappeared in a recent update and I have tried several options to bring it back up to no avail. Clicking the DOM in 'View" does nothing. Does anyone have any ideas? One Click Trading is active
  Copying signals  (1)
Hello, So I have my demo account connected to a signals provider, and I expected it to make transactions, but instead i just get a message saying "'Prospector Scalper EA': synchronized with 0 positions" Why wont it make transactions, and how do I fix it to make transactions
Hi Guys, in my code CopyRates seems not working well. Testing with M15, I was expecting to have 4 or 5 bars copied, instead just 1. Why? for(int i=limit; i<rates_total && !IsStopped(); i++) { TimeToStruct(time[i],str); datetime start=time[i]-PERIOD_M5*60; datetime
I couldn't find it in the settings. It would be better if the messages were fixed at last
Hi all, I really don't like reversals in my profits. You earn 300 point but lets say your TP is 350 then a reversal comes and gets all of it from you. Is there any healthy way to get rid of this like using TP=50 but re-enter position after the first one is closed
I am having trouble setting up notification alerts. I use IOS. I tried connecting it to my MetaQuotes ID but no success.I use mt4 on my mac and i have an iphone. I've been looking how to set up alerts and tried to test it but failed
Hello, my problem is, that I cannot login in in the current version. I get no-one Ping. This has already fairly often happened to me. My operating system is Windows-XP. Where does the problem lie? Many thanks for your support. Best regards Rene
I am not familiar with coding. Anyone who can help me to rectify the errors? I have attached the downloaded custom indicator
Is it possible that iCustom function calls are slowing down my Strategy Tester? Is it somehow possible to prevent iCustom from drawing or something like this? I just want to grab values from indicator buffers. I have also weird issue with Strategy Tester Graph tab. Graph tab is empty while Tester is
Hellow, i have an account on Meta Trader, my broker blocks me of doing a withdrawal. I read on the internet i will me a victom of a scam. Can somebody help me