Bill Williams, Woodie and the game... - page 2

Pure Gold

Jesus_irl:
My lack of understanding transparent sarcasm? It you my friend that is missing part of this conversation, not me. Although it is quite amusing that you continue to pursue me, trying to get me to respond to you.

However, I would suggest spending your time on other things, such as trading on your demo accounts, baking some cookies, or maybe even watching some tele. God bless.

Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?

- David 13:6

As I predicted...

How am I pursuing you when I started the thread? There are classifications for your paranoia in the DSM-IV.

Better still......

Lets all stop trading currencies and trade your comic genius because you are pure gold.

If I walk down the street, and say hello to someone, they will say something back. I'm not quite sure how you believe predicting my response is an accomplishment.

I meant pursuing, in my last post, because in this and the other thread you seem to leave off with an invite for me to speak, such as "Hopefully Jesus will grace us with his presence again."

Gramski:
Lets all stop trading currencies and trade your comic genius because you are pure gold.

Aww, that's cute.

Jesus_irl:
If I walk down the street, and say hello to someone, they will say something back. I'm not quite sure how you believe predicting my response is an accomplishment.

I meant pursuing, in my last post, because in this and the other thread you seem to leave off with an invite for me to speak, such as "Hopefully Jesus will grace us with his presence again."

Aww, that's cute.

Awwww.....I'm sorry if you feel pursued. I didn't know posting in a few threads was unacceptable to you.

I'll be sure to take into account your emotions from now on.

It's more that I found your trading 'advice' in the other thread entirely amusing:-

"I started out with a few indicators which I knew nothing about ,volume and random (sic) MA's...."

.....hence my response.

Anyway, I digress. We could talk about something more relevant....

Enlighten us with your theory of "random moving averages".

I think you missed the whole point of that post.

I wrote that about the first time I started trading, I saw it as a skill, and over my many years I have developed many skills to very high levels. Since I know how to develop skills, and what makes the most effective way to learn, I thought that instead of reading other material to get my ideas, I would start right away with very little knowledge. I said I picked random indicators and MAs because at the time I was under the impression that each indicator and MA took the price and analyzed it differently. By jumping into trading right away I was able to see patterns in the market, how each indicator affected it, and predicted it. After using my starting indicators I switched them out for new ones, untill I had got comfortable with those. I kept everything I learned at first to my own insights, so when I read more into trading I would have a solid idea of what information to trust and what not to trust.

The person who posted in that thread was looking into new ways to trade, so I offered him what I did to start out, and gave him the advice to learn himself, instead of relying on other peoples ideas. Since I have ended up doing very well for myself, I thought giving my advice to how I started might help him out.

And when I said random MAs I meant that I put a few MAs on my screen at different values. They were random because the values I chose (7-14-21) were not based on anything I had read, I just chose them.

Jesus_irl:
I think you missed the whole point of that post.

I wrote that about the first time I started trading, I saw it as a skill, and over my many years I have developed many skills to very high levels. Since I know how to develop skills, and what makes the most effective way to learn, I thought that instead of reading other material to get my ideas, I would start right away with very little knowledge. I said I picked random indicators and MAs because at the time I was under the impression that each indicator and MA took the price and analyzed it differently. By jumping into trading right away I was able to see patterns in the market, how each indicator affected it, and predicted it. After using my starting indicators I switched them out for new ones, untill I had got comfortable with those. I kept everything I learned at first to my own insights, so when I read more into trading I would have a solid idea of what information to trust and what not to trust.

The person who posted in that thread was looking into new ways to trade, so I offered him what I did to start out, and gave him the advice to learn himself, instead of relying on other peoples ideas. Since I have ended up doing very well for myself, I thought giving my advice to how I started might help him out.

And when I said random MAs I meant that I put a few MAs on my screen at different values. They were random because the values I chose (7-14-21) were not based on anything I had read, I just chose them.

You still haven't answered my question.... Enlighten me with your 'theory' of MA's - According to you:- 7-14-21 and how to trade them.

This thread is about CCI and momentum so I'd be interested.

When I said 7-14-21 those were the very first MAs I had used. When I started I chose CCI and Stoch. I do not use them anymore however, except for the CCI which I am using again because I plan to use it to code, something I have finally decided to start.

Yesterday I looked at Bill Williams indicators, the template I found of his consisted of an Aligator, Awesome Oscillator, Accelerator Oscillator and a Gator Oscillator. I understand you do not like his indicators, as I am not very fond of them very much either. After glancing them over I dropped the Gator Oscillator, but kept the AO(awesome osc) and A02(accerator osc).

The AO and AO2 seem to fit very well to each other, even if they respond slowly. When both AO and AO2 are increasing the price increases, as they decrease the price decreses, quite simple. However it can also predict what I call a floating pattern, or a dead pattern, when they move in the opposite direction or if they do not move. Along with a simple version of a CCI the three put together seem to fit for a longer term trading strategy, as you would lose some entry and closing points due to the slowness of the AO and AO2.

The Alligator as it is called consists of odd MAs of 13-8-5/8-5-3 median. There are many ways to use MAs to assist in your trades, some people prefer to look for crosses, or which line is on top. I actually like these values because they are seperated nicely when going into a trade.

I'll actually go into more detail about how I traded with them yesterday, which was suprisingly good day for my first day using them. I usually do worse on long floating days than more energetic days, but still managed to pick out about 110 pips. I'll attach my modified Williams template so you can picture what I am talking about.

The reason I like having CCI is so I can confirm when a price is going to float and how long it will, because CCI becomes totally confused when it does.

Oh yeah if you have bad deductive reasoning skills, skiny red line is price, didn't use candlesticks yesterday, not sure why.

Files:
fiery_jesus.gif  25 kb

Jesus_irl:
When I said 7-14-21 those were the very first MAs I had used. When I started I chose CCI and Stoch. I do not use them anymore however, except for the CCI which I am using again because I plan to use it to code, something I have finally decided to start.

Yesterday I looked at Bill Williams indicators, the template I found of his consisted of an Aligator, Awesome Oscillator, Accelerator Oscillator and a Gator Oscillator. I understand you do not like his indicators, as I am not very fond of them very much either. After glancing them over I dropped the Gator Oscillator, but kept the AO(awesome osc) and A02(accerator osc).

The AO and AO2 seem to fit very well to each other, even if they respond slowly. When both AO and AO2 are increasing the price increases, as they decrease the price decreses, quite simple. However it can also predict what I call a floating pattern, or a dead pattern, when they move in the opposite direction or if they do not move. Along with a simple version of a CCI the three put together seem to fit for a longer term trading strategy, as you would lose some entry and closing points due to the slowness of the AO and AO2.

The Alligator as it is called consists of odd MAs of 13-8-5/8-5-3 median. There are many ways to use MAs to assist in your trades, some people prefer to look for crosses, or which line is on top. I actually like these values because they are seperated nicely when going into a trade.

I'll actually go into more detail about how I traded with them yesterday, which was suprisingly good day for my first day using them. I usually do worse on long floating days than more energetic days, but still managed to pick out about 110 pips. I'll attach my modified Williams template so you can picture what I am talking about.

The reason I like having CCI is so I can confirm when a price is going to float and how long it will, because CCI becomes totally confused when it does.

Oh yeah if you have bad deductive reasoning skills, skiny red line is price, didn't use candlesticks yesterday, not sure why.

AO is a variation of MACD.....But, thanks for explaining your take on (Bill's) indicators that I don't care about.

Nice use of fire.

Gramski:
I guess it's because we think that your lack of understanding of transparent sarcasm precedes you....

My lack of understanding transparent sarcasm? It you my friend that is missing part of this conversation, not me. Although it is quite amusing that you continue to pursue me, trying to get me to respond to you.

However, I would suggest spending your time on other things, such as trading on your demo accounts, baking some cookies, or maybe even watching some tele. God bless.

I am aware that AO is a variation of MACD, I never claimed it not to be. And this thread is partly about Bill William's indicators, so I thought it on topic too discuss my opinions with them.

I'll actually go into more detail about how I traded with them yesterday, which was suprisingly good day for my first day using them.

or...

You could tell us how you 'feel' the market. Please divuldge more...

Reason: