I'm not a programmer at all,

But the question is thematic.

A question for anyone who is kind enough to answer it.

Here you have a community of programmers who somehow write (as a hobby, probably) under/for the MT4 platform. Since the program itself is extremely widespread in the forex market, it would seem why look for anything else. Nevertheless, many people know that this platform is used by numerous "kitchens", i.e. brokerage companies, which have nothing to do with forex, but only arrange a huddle on their server between clients. Since statistically most people part with their deposits, such business is obviously profitable.

But if one of you will write an Expert Advisor that provides a real and stable income, and you start trading with it at a broker, you will soon become a danger to such an office because you will deprive them of some profits. Inevitably, problems of one kind or another will follow.

Nevertheless, there are banks in the Forex market that do operate in the interbank market and, as a result, get income from their clients' trading volumes (at the expense of the spread) and, therefore, are interested in keeping their clients' accounts growing. Or, in other words, playing not against their clients, but on their side.

There are, understandably, no fractional lots, a high entry threshold (from a few K's), and some other features.

Let's assume all of the above is accepted without comment.

The question is as follows.

Does writing an EA for a platform other than MT4 differ in terms of time and effort, and if so, how much? If I asked someone to compile an EA for me using my algorithm (and ideally to write the entire MTS), would I be able to negotiate with anyone?

which platform?

ps/ By the way, there are quite serious companies using MetaTrader

Integer:

which platform?

ps/ By the way there are quite serious offices using MetaTrader

I can give you a link to the bank.

Here is their trading platform. http://www.nefteprominvest.ru/Forex/npbfx_review/index.php

Here is also their own TA software http://www.nefteprominvest.ru/Forex/aft_review/index.php

ps The agencies may exist, so why shouldn't they be. )

1. The time and effort for a trading advisor is disproportionately high compared to other software,
There are a lot of general trading subtleties caused by the fact that the trading terminal is part of a real-time system,
The trading terminal is a part of the real-time system, and this "our" system does not operate under technical conditions,
but by the rules of trading, which can be the most unusual. The speed of program debugging is surprisingly slow.
A working program, even of small size, e.g. 30 lines))), requires a long testing and fine-tuning.

2. Before writing an Expert Advisor for trading, you should test the strategy and its technical implementation
in a small trial EA. This means that it is not profitable for both sides
it is not profitable for both - the customer and the developer. ==First, you need to order the test of your system.
Since the machine implementation is usually more unprofitable than the manual one.

MEPhI is very serious, they don't make rubbish, the very first ones in the Soviet Union used IBM PCs and their books I remember,
when nobody knew anything but them.

Korey

You write the right things, no doubt about it. The problem is that manually trading my strategy is very difficult, my eyes can't keep track of all the information. I just wanted to boil it down to one specially written EA. Perhaps you think it makes sense to write it for MT4 first,

because it would be much faster and more reliable, and it would give me the best performance? I would probably agree with you.

Korey:
MEPhI is very serious, they don't make rubbish, the very first ones in the Soviet Union used IBM PCs and their books I remember,
I remember their books when nobody knew anything but them.

What does MEPhI have to do with this topic? I don't really understand.

Significantly different. In a big way. The terminal does not support any programming languages, so the Expert Advisor has to work in a third-party program for the analysis, and these programs are limited in their ability to implement the strategy, which may require a lot of programming in non-specialized for this case languages - c++, delphi, etc. There is also the API interface to deal with. And export of data from the terminal into a real trading robot requires a lot of additional features.

How is this bank more solid and serious than banks using MT?

1. Yes, your summing up of the topic is not very sympathetic, but I went to the above site,
and I see that the developers of the terminal and the technical analysis program are MEPhI.
That is, at the highest world level (no offense to MQ).
For example the API library for the terminal means the level of system programming, i.e. three orders of magnitude higher, read more complicated, than our user's MQL-4.
2. The first impression is that the strategy test will be more convenient to do in MT.
However, some difference is expected in calculation of indicators there and here.

I see, thank you for your answers.

As far as the bank is concerned, everything is on the level there, and clients' money does go to interbank. That gives me more confidence somehow.

Well, if the community is inclined to say that first we should write to MT, and then we'll see, then I guess I agree. What are my next steps?

Like this:
Prepare a description of what you want, wait for someone to agree,
Then send it by mail, and go into a cycle of agreements and explanations, which will clarify what can be done, what is difficult to do, and what is impossible, because you cannot replace the person completely,
what can be done, what is difficult to do, and what is not possible, because you can't replace the person completely.
When the explanations are sufficient for the first test, then the first program is written,
is sent to you to test your own strategy, with comments on the implementation of the strategy,

- Here begins the cycle of technical searches, refinements of the trade, and maybe a complete abandonment of the original idea.

Reason: