Forex Hoster

Hi,

Any body having experience with Forex Hoster??? I am just tired of maintaining my machine and thinking of hosting my EAs somewhere.

Can anybody help me with an advice.

ckmoied

You can use VPS. It's about $30 a month and you just use it with remote login. Works well and you dont have to worry about the uptime, connection, etc...

I personally use Godaddy: http://www.godaddy.com/gdshop/hosting/virtual.asp?ci=9013&display=virtual

But that's just because I have some other hosting, domains, etc from them.. You can use any, just do google search and choose whatever suits you.

jirimac,

Thanks for the response.

I wonder if you pay only 30per month, as I have seen 70USD on the forexhoster website. I also have a domain from GoDaddy, but I don't know how to use it for hosting my EAs and run MT from there ??

Can you please help further with some practical steps to take??

ckmoied

Yeah, sure, you need to buy the VPS server, it needs to be Windows, if you click on build your own and get the minimum setups its going to cost about $30 a months. Then you use the promotional codes for like 10-15% off so you you will get it for uder $30 a months. I did this and running three lives mt4 platforms and two demo platforms and it works well.

As i said before, you might try to use other VPS providers but am with godaddy for about four years and never had any problem plus they have really good support.

Ok, I just looked at GoDaddy, and found something like Virtual Server hosting for around 30USD.

Sorry for my little IT knowledge, and seek your guidance to move forward.

I think I need to do the following after registering my virtual server.

1- Download MT4 on my virtual server, and install it. (I use FXDD)

2- Move my Indicators and EAs to the MT4 root directory.

3- login with my real login account, and attach the EA to my charts

4- and thats all

Please confirm if my expectation is correct ???

ckmoied

Yes, that's correct. Then you can log off your VPS. It will be still running on the server so then when you need to check it to see how it goes, you just login back to VPS using remote connection client.. The VPS are great because they are running 24/7.

If you will decide to buy the VPS, make sure its on Windows, they have Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Edition so it will all work fine.

ckmoied:

I wonder if you pay only 30per month, as I have seen 70USD on the forexhoster website.

USD 30 per month is pretty cheap. At that kind of price I'd expect that you're locked in to at least a 12 month contract. Some associates of mine tried using a similarly low-cost provider in the UK, and gave up on it after a couple of months because of unreliability and terrible technical support. But Godaddy are fine as far as I know.

I haven't come across forexhoster.com before, and I don't want to be rude about a service I haven't tried. However... what they are offering seems a lot less flexible than a fully-fledged virtual server, and at USD 70 that means it's not particularly good value.

If you just want to experiment with virtual servers at minimum cost, try something like www.flexiscale.co.uk. They simply charge on a pay-as-you-go basis - i.e. a few cents for each hour that the virtual server is turned on. (N.B. Not particularly good value if you end up wanting to run the server 24x7. You're paying a premium for the PAYG option and the ability to change the server specification at will. Once the server is running for more than about 4 days a week, a normal permanently-on virtual server will become cheaper.)

I also have a domain from GoDaddy, but I don't know how to use it for hosting my EAs and run MT from there ??

A domain is a completely different thing to a virtual server.

Hi jirimac,

I checked the prices. Linux is for 30usd while windows is for 42USD.

Do you think I only need windows??? Linux won't work ?

ckmoied

jjc, i pay per month, with the 15% off code, i pay this with Godaddy:

Virtual Dedicated Server -
Renewal
Length: 1 Month(s)$25.49

As i said, i only pay for one month, no need to sight up for one year..

I used this third month and so far can't complain. Its stable, never crashed and running 24/7.

You need windows cause MT4 is only for windows.. Use the "Build your own" and and deselect the control panel because that's for hosting multiple domains which you dont need at all for that. You will get the cost down to $30.

Then use this code: fbServer15

when you pay and you the price should be $26. Sign up only for one month to see if that suits you.

jirimac,

its not turning out at my end, I only see a price of 42usd.

there are options for dedicated virtual and dedicated vps at first. I am opting for dedicated virtual and then windows so it prices up to 42.

Please give me the link that you are using.

Reason: