Thoughts on some of the absurdity of multi-currency analysis. - page 16

MetaDriver >>:

Универсальные архиваторы мало используют специфику конкретных данных. Если её учитывать (знать заранее) можно многое выносить за скобки.

That's what the MT5 developers have been doing, developing the compression algorithm. If they do, you might not need to reinvent the wheel yourself.

getch >>:

Как тестер может помочь в определении уровня прогнозируемости?

Just like the archiver.

getch >>:

Разработчики MT5 этим и занимались, разрабатывая алгоритм сжатия. Если раскроют, велосипед изобретать самому, возможно, не понадобится.

I don't count on it at all somehow. The rouble will become a single currency sooner than the meta-quotes start sharing this algorithm. Even if it is simple.

Let's go invent better. :)

MetaDriver >>:

Так же как архиватор.

The tester is not able to determine the level of predictability, neither is the archiver. The archiver can output the size of the pure (compressed) information. The more compressed it is, the more effective the basis for finding patterns. After all, what the archiver does is look for patterns in the general case. The better it compresses, the more regularities it finds.

I am, by the way, leaning towards 'loss-of-information' algorithms. Not all of it is needed. And the compression is much higher.

MetaDriver >>:
Я, кстати, склоняюсь к алгоритмам "с потерей информации". Отнюдь не вся она нужна. А сжатие куда выше.

It makes sense, because you can't get all the information from the market anyway.

But the criterion of an efficient baseline is sort of formulated.

getch >>:

Тестер не в состоянии определить уровень прогнозируемости, как и архиватор. Архиватор может выдать размер чистой (сжатой) информации. Чем сильнее сжимается, тем эффективнее базис для поиска закономерностей. Ведь что делает архиватор - ищет закономерности в общем случае. Чем лучше сжал - тем больше закономерностей нашел.

Don't be in such a hurry. You'll catch glitches. :)

I was already thinking about this topic in the early days of forex - two and a half years ago. Compression algorithms do look for (and find) regularities, but they usually look ahead (just the ones "without loss" - two-pass). So, it's better to go straight to streaming... :)

MetaDriver >>:

Не спеши так быстро. Глюков наловишь. :)

Я эту тему думал уже на заре занятий форексом - года два с половиной назад. Алгоритмы сжатия действительно ищут (и находят) закономерности, но обычно заглядывая вперёд (как раз те которые "без потери" - двухпроходны). Так, что лучше уж сразу перейти к потоковым... :)

Similarly, thoughts were born in the same state of forex knowledge, only a little earlier in time.

Two-passing is what is needed to determine the basis. The first pass is the transformation of the basis.

If we are talking about hypothetical constant market bitrate, then the streaming methods of compression are excellent candidates.

MetaDriver писал(а) >>

... So it's better to go straight to streaming... :)...

And here too there's a bummer - I'm sure they all work with a delay, i.e. for efficient coding they also need "future history", although a little bit.

// However, in the tester, to launch a curve into the sky, I only need to know about half a bar ahead... :)

MetaDriver >>:

И тут нас тоже подстерегает злой облом - уверен, что все они работают с задержкой, то бишь для эффективного кодирования им тоже необходима "будущая история", хотя и немного.

// Однако в тестере, чтоб запузырить кривую в небо, мне достаточно знать всего-то на полбара вперёд... :)

They work with a delay because you have to wait for the portion of information to be compressed (the very hour in the example above). There is nothing wrong here.

Reason: