Thoughts on some of the absurdity of multi-currency analysis. - page 23

Such a rigid connection in the above formulas can only be at the "start" - i.e. the Euro index started changing, i.e. a real drop/strengthening of the Euro occurred, in the first few tens of points this formula may work, but when there is a "saturation point" = a real reasonable rate - the price will start moving more slowly, or the pullback or price will "cycle" around certain levels

ЗЫ: it often happens that at the time of news release Ask and Bid move apart by insignificant value

Prival:

we cannot, knowing two figures, calculate a third

We can, I'm running out of time at the moment.

Prival:

I, on the other hand, look in terms of distance travelled (0.00978, 0.00879, 0.00367) and argue that there is no rigid link as different distance travelled (we cannot, knowing two figures, calculate a third). As for his formulas, yes they are correct, but it is in the moment, in a given second it seems to be a rigid connection but it is a fallacy, the currencies (cars) move differently.

If you don't mind, please help us understand...

You seem to be a bit of a moustache yourself, along with getch(let's wish him an early unbanning). ;-). If you buy (+/-/+) at the beginning of the day a basket of three specified instruments with the equal price of lots, then at the end of the day we get zero (neglecting the spread). Accordingly, it seems to get the third figure is not a problem. IMHO, this is equivalent to saying that the "distances" travelled by your cars compensate each other. You can consider that there is a connection between them at the level of quantum interaction.

marketeer:

then this relationship should be visible at the height of the daily candle for these pairs - demonstrate please

Prival:

There is one error in your reasoning. From your point of view this cannot be the case, as everything is rigidly connected

Data for 28.06.2010 (beginning to end of day)

symbol

opener

clause

delta

EURUSD

EURGBP

GBPUSD

Before going into details I would like to clarify the figures...

Of course I understand that different brokerage companies have different quotes, by the way I have them slightly different (1-2 p. 4 digits), but what is highlighted in red, as much as a 78 p. difference

How may we continue the calculation? We should at least look into it.

At first I started counting and got stumped, the numbers don't work at all, I got a bit confused, started checking the data and found discrepancies, just as I thought...

Prival:

Data for 28.06.2010 (beginning to end of day)

symbol

open

clause

delta

EURUSD

EURGBP

GBPUSD

The error should be 1.50955.... Accordingly, the delta is 0.00417...

kharko:
Exactly!!! I also have somewhere around 1.5095 +/- 1p.

IgorM:

Such a rigid connection in the above formulas can only be at the "start" - i.e. the Euro index started changing, i.e. a real drop/strengthening of the Euro occurred, in the first few tens of points this formula may work, but when there is a "saturation point" = a real reasonable rate - the price will start moving more slowly, or the pullback or price will "cycle" around certain levels

SZZY: it often happens that at the time of news publication Ask and Bid move apart by a small value

I have recently solved a similar problem of index building.

The problem statement is as follows:

We need to develop an algorithm of computing some synthetic currency indexes V[i,j], where i is the index (ordinal number) of a currency; j is the bar number.

Which have property C[i,k] [j] = V[i,j] / V[k,j], where C[i,k] [j] is cross rate of currency i to currency k on bar j.

The problem has infinitely many solutions:

if V[i,j] is a solution, then for any array R[j] that does not contain zero values

the solution is also the product V'[i,j] = V[i,j] * R[j].

Amazingly, having synthetic index values in hand, it is possible to calculate cross rates with an accuracy of 3 points on four digits.

I used the following currency list, as all cross-rates are available:

string CurrencyList = "USD EUR GBP JPY AUD CHF CAD ";

kharko:

Yeah, my mistake. I took a low instead of a low. Doesn't change the point.

Reason: