Critique of MetaTrader 5 on the FORTS - page 3

Renat:

The glass is put up for all users.

Just ask for 32 x 32. If more is needed, we will discuss this with the brokers.

What do you need to do for that? Well for more depth by 50x50? Do you need the broker to contact you? I.e. I have to write a letter to broker, with the request for this functionality. and most likely he will ignore me! Why should he bother to do this for one client? Better to do another way: to make a public post on smartlab, with a hit - they say OPENING, provides such a small glass. And give the link to the broker. And then, it will affect much more effectively ))). But this will tarnish everyone's reputation, which is not good.

Or the best, easiest (only for you) and most painless option - if you take the initiative and provide the opportunity without asking the broker. To compete with anything, you have to be at least on a par with it. I'm considering the possibility of moving from Quicksilver to Plaza 2 because of speed and large tumbling volume. But, in this scheme of things, I won't have a server stop! And server stop is more important than speed.

gipnoz:
if you take the initiative to introduce this feature without asking the broker

the author is on the right track. there is a special methodology

Where should I put my request for mt5? In this thread or not. dunno. I'll put it here

I am currently using quik and metatrader5 at the same time. I am missing only 1 addition in mt5.

1) allow me to specify limit orders when setting take profit and stop. currently they are set by market.

ognevoy:

Where should I put my request for mt5? In this thread or not. dunno. I'll put it here

I am currently using quik and metatrader5 at the same time. I am missing only 1 addition in mt5.

1) allow me to specify limit orders when setting take profit and stop. currently they are set by market.

I fully support this idea. And these orders should be automatically removed when one of them is executed (or the position is closed in any other way), i.e. like CCA.

Otherwise, it turns out that when the connection with the terminal is interrupted, the position remains uncovered from above or below. Or is this not the case?

Dima_S:

I fully support this. And these orders should be automatically removed when one of them is executed (or the position is closed in any other way), i.e. like CCA.

Otherwise, now it turns out that when the connection with the terminal is interrupted, the position remains uncovered from above or below. Or is this not the case?

There is such a thing!

I would really like to have dependent orders!

i.e. if you open a position and it works, the other order(s) (if they are marked as linked) should CANCEL, even for different symbols

I would like to have a semi-automatic Expert Advisor.

YuraZ:

There is such a thing!

I would like to have dependent orders!

for example if you place a pending order and if it triggers, the other order(s) (marked as linked) should CANCEL, even for different symbols

I would like to have a semi-automatic Expert Advisor.

But still, expert semi-automatic is not the same thing. The dependence of one order on another must be controlled on the server.

ognevoy:

1) that when placing ... and stop can be specified as a limit order. at the moment it is set by the market.

Is it like placing a stoploss with a limit order?

Yurich:

It's like setting a stop loss with a limit order?

Come on, you're picking on me) Everyone's got it, basically.

Dima_S:

I fully support this. And these orders should be automatically removed when one of them is executed (or the position is closed in any other way), i.e. like CCA.

Otherwise, now it turns out that when the connection with the terminal is interrupted, the position remains uncovered from above or below. Or is this not the case?

My picture shows a CCA. You place a stop order with an entry price. Stop and Take are not active until the order is triggered. And after triggered, for example, exit stop, take is cancelled automatically

Yurich:

Is it like setting a stoploss with a limit order?

Yes. There is an option for entry - I specify the entry price and the trigger price of the stop.
Reason: