3_Level_ZZ_Semafor (indicator for MT4) - page 41

mladen:
electrical999 Try it out now : tro_dashboard_3lzz_nmc.mq4

Mladen,

Thank you very much - seems to be working fine. Its a mighty resource hog if you put too many pairs on. But no issues for me as i only follow a max of 4 pairs. Thanks again.

Regards

Jasjit

electrical999:
Mladen,

Thank you very much - seems to be working fine. Its a mighty resource hog if you put too many pairs on. But no issues for me as i only follow a max of 4 pairs. Thanks again.

Regards

Jasjit

It is due to the nature of the zigzag used - it recalculates all the bars all the time

Is there an alert signal (pop up) version of the semafor nmc indicator?

I've looked everywhere for this and cannot find an MQ4 file indicator that works.

Thanks

Happy New Year Mr Tools and MLaden

TEAMTRADER

TEAMTRADER:
Is there an alert signal (pop up) version of the semafor nmc indicator?

I've looked everywhere for this and cannot find an MQ4 file indicator that works.

Thanks

Happy New Year Mr Tools and MLaden

TEAMTRADER

Teamtrader, have this one.

mladen:
electrical999 Try it out now : tro_dashboard_3lzz_nmc.mq4

Hi Mladen,

There are certain things and aspects of indicators I have been looking at based on past threads and posts especially with respect to semaphore tools and the much vexed question of cycleidentifier (i.e. the issue of it "repainting") and in the process downloaded this corrected TRO_Dashboard_3lzznmc.mq4 but I find that while it loads ok and actively displays the symbol and price fields, etc the associated fields for semaphor per time frame are just fixed at neutral and no changes reflecting movement in semaphor levels actually register even with live feed. I wonder why? I do think I installed correctly. Secondly Mladen, and with special reference to the question of the cycleidentifier repainting. I wonder what if any similarities it has with your swing point indicator implementation which you explain as a part of the adaptive lookback indicators you discussed extensively in an elite section thread - especially because in the discussion you did point out something about setting the number of displacement bars to 2 such as to avoid any sort of repainting in the specific case of your swing point indicator and I am wondering if i) the same ploy is not possible as an improvement to the CI and or ii) whether infact that swing point indicator might not on its own serve the same purpose as the CI more effectively? I really would be glad for insights as such. Thanks in advance.

Darkdoji:
Hi Mladen, There are certain things and aspects of indicators I have been looking at based on past threads and posts especially with respect to semaphore tools and the much vexed question of cycleidentifier (i.e. the issue of it "repainting") and in the process downloaded this corrected TRO_Dashboard_3lzznmc.mq4 but I find that while it loads ok and actively displays the symbol and price fields, etc the associated fields for semaphor per time frame are just fixed at neutral and no changes reflecting movement in semaphor levels actually register even with live feed. I wonder why? I do think I installed correctly. Secondly Mladen, and with special reference to the question of the cycleidentifier repainting. I wonder what if any similarities it has with your swing point indicator implementation which you explain as a part of the adaptive lookback indicators you discussed extensively in an elite section thread - especially because in the discussion you did point out something about setting the number of displacement bars to 2 such as to avoid any sort of repainting in the specific case of your swing point indicator and I am wondering if i) the same ploy is not possible as an improvement to the CI and or ii) whether infact that swing point indicator might not on its own serve the same purpose as the CI more effectively? I really would be glad for insights as such. Thanks in advance.

Darkdoji

About the swing point indicator : it never repaints. The way it calculates it does not include any possible recalculating/repainting (it uses only past data). And for that reason, any indicator using swing points to become adaptive, does not recalculate/repaint either

As of zz semaphore : which exact version are you using?

Sorry for the late response Mladen,

a) I downloaded the one here that you had corrected (that is why I did not think there is a need to reattach it- so it is the one you corrected right here, i.e. the same one you recoded in your post above).

b) Then Mladen does that not mean you have always had a most important solution to what I believe is a general need? That is to say an indicator that functions better than the cycleindicator but serves the same need (am I wrong in that conclusion?) Now if not and pardon me for this - the next question is how can I get it? I do not mind to pay for it if it is on sale. I want the swing point indicator not the tools based on it. Thanks so much for your time.

PS: Do not ignore the TRO_Dashboard_3LZZ

tro_dashboard_3lzz_nmc.mq4

Mladen,

I have attched it now just in case. Thanks

Darkdoji:
Sorry for the late response Mladen,

a) I downloaded the one here that you had corrected (that is why I did not think there is a need to reattach it- so it is the one you corrected right here, i.e. the same one you recoded in your post above).

b) Then Mladen does that not mean you have always had a most important solution to what I believe is a general need? That is to say an indicator that functions better than the cycleindicator but serves the same need (am I wrong in that conclusion?) Now if not and pardon me for this - the next question is how can I get it? I do not mind to pay for it if it is on sale. I want the swing point indicator not the tools based on it. Thanks so much for your time.

PS: Do not ignore the TRO_Dashboard_3LZZ

About b : if you are referring to swing point and comparing it to cycleindicator : they have nothing in common. Completely different indicators

Right Mladen,

I see. But that is fine - I just wondered if in fact it (your swing point indicator) would not serve better as reversal or pivoting indicator than CycleIdentifier - I was not exactly comparing them but rather trying to work out how the the swing point worked (on the assumption that it might be usable as reversal and or a pivoting marker or signal). Anyway on page #41 I did post the version of the tool (TRO_Dashboard_3LZZ) and would be most grateful if you could get it to work in terms of actuatlly indicating what pivot (semaphor) is active at what point in what time frame. Currently it just displays neutral (gray color) across all time frames - and I would be grateful if you could get it to function as designed. Thanks a lot.

Reason: