MACD indicator - page 71

You mean adding a couple of MACDs together and that way getting a "composite" MACD?

engula:
hi mladen, can the graph of this 2-in-1 be changed to look like a composite one? i mean to show the 2-in-1 as if it were a 'normal' macd.

mladen:
You mean adding a couple of MACDs together and that way getting a "composite" MACD?

yes, exactly.

Composite macd rising and falling

HELLO MLADEN,

Please i join in requesting for a COMPOSITE EDITION OF THE 2 IN 1 MACD RISING AND FALLING.

This is what i was actually requesting for some few posts back when i wrongly wrote RSI SUMMED instead of COMPOSITE.

MANY THANKS FOR THE GREAT WORK

Composite MACD

engula

Here is a composite MACD. Values of up to 8 different MACD values are added up together and that way you are getting a composite (combined) value of a "new" MACD

engula:
hi mladen, can the graph of this 2-in-1 be changed to look like a composite one? i mean to show the 2-in-1 as if it were a 'normal' macd.

mladen:
engula Here is a composite MACD. Values of up to 8 different MACD values are added up together and that way you are getting a composite (combined) value of a "new" MACD

thanks mladen, i'll test it asap.

one question, without wanting to stress you too much: could it be possible to have it look like a 'normal' macd? i mean to show: macd, macd-signal and histo?

on the other hand, if helpful for your coding, i wouldn't need more than 2 macd's as input.

The number of MACDs is not relevant (it can have as much as you wish - it does not depend on buffers) so no need to change that.

I was thinking of signal line, but since I could not decide how to make it left it out. The question is how would be a signal line calculated? As a composite (the same as macd - using signal lines of individual MACDs to combine them into one signal line) or as an average of the new composite MACD. Will see what can be done (maybe both versions in one for a signal line)

engula:
thanks mladen, i'll test it asap.

one question, without wanting to stress you too much: could it be possible to have it look like a 'normal' macd? i mean to show: macd, macd-signal and histo?

on the other hand, if helpful for your coding, i wouldn't need more than 2 macd's as input.

mladen:
The number of MACDs is not relevant (it can have as much as you wish - it does not depend on buffers) so no need to change that. I was thinking of signal line, but since I could not decide how to make it left it out. The question is how would be a signal line calculated? As a composite (the same as macd - using signal lines of individual MACDs to combine them into one signal line) or as an average of the new composite MACD. Will see what can be done (maybe both versions in one for a signal line)

thanks...

Composite MACD 2

This is a composite MACD with an addition of signal line and OSMA (histogram). Signal line is calculated on composite MACD value (compositing signal line too did not give to logical results so decided to stick to a classical signal line) You can choose signal line mode though (default is ema, but chose the one that suits the best to your style) so that is a deviation from a classical way of calculating

Here is one example (default parameters and only 2 MACD values composited into the composite value - max 8 MACD values can be composited in this one too) :

thanks very much

mladen:
This is a composite MACD with an addition of signal line and OSMA (histogram). Signal line is calculated on composite MACD value (compositing signal line too did not give to logical results so decided to stick to a classical signal line) You can choose signal line mode though (default is ema, but chose the one that suits the best to your style) so that is a deviation from a classical way of calculating Here is one example (default parameters and only 2 MACD values composited into the composite value - max 8 MACD values can be composited in this one too) :

many thanks, mladen!

Reason: