MACD indicator - page 68

engula

It is easy to apply linear regression to any value and get the linear regression value for a certain bar (it is just one finction that will calculate the value). So the unclear point is how are MACD and signal value combined?

engula:
mladen,

i think you understood the italian correctly...

what i don't understand is if you need additional infos, or if you think that it can't be implemented.

mladen:
engula It is easy to apply linear regression to any value and get the linear regression value for a certain bar (it is just one finction that will calculate the value). So the unclear point is how are MACD and signal value combined?

mladen,

hope attached pic can help, otherwise let me know and i'll try again.

the 2 lin regs have to be applied to 'macd-signal', which in the pic is the histogram value (-1,0548).

Files:

Sometimes I am like brain dead : macd-signal is simple osma

Read it completely different than minus (the "-"). So here is an indicator that calcilates linear regression value of macd, macd signal or osma (macd-signal) depending on the ApplyTo parameter. Apply to values are :

1 - macd signal

2 - osma (macd-signal)

any other value - macd

Depending on the ApplyTo parameter that values is displayed too (the default green line). Second line is the linear regression value of the basic displayed value

PS: signal line is calculated as ema too (as it is in the original macd calculation)

engula:
mladen,

hope attached pic can help, otherwise let me know and i'll try again.

the 2 lin regs have to be applied to 'macd-signal', which in the pic is the histogram value (-1,0548).

Files:

mladen:

Read it completely different than minus (the "-"). So here is an indicator that calcilates linear regression value of macd, macd signal or osma (macd-signal) depending on the ApplyTo parameter. Apply to values are :

1 - macd signal

2 - osma (macd-signal)

any other value - macd

Depending on the ApplyTo parameter that values is displayed too (the default green line). Second line is the linear regression value of the basic displayed value

PS: signal line is calculated as ema too (as it is in the original macd calculation)

great mladen!

there's only one modification that i'd need before starting testing your indi:

since i need to plot 2 different lin regs applying to the same macd, could you pls modify your indi to allow a second lin reg line?

many thanks in advance as always...

engula

Here you go

engula:
great mladen!

there's only one modification that i'd need before starting testing your indi:

since i need to plot 2 different lin regs applying to the same macd, could you pls modify your indi to allow a second lin reg line?

many thanks in advance as always...
Files:
lr_macd.gif  32 kb

Do, please, on this MACD Osma.Thanks in advance

Files:
jma.mq4  15 kb

It is very hard to do?Can anybody answer that?

Jma macd + osma

Riksha

Not difficult. Here you go.

PS: I am not sure, but if I recall correctly Spiggy JMA had some problems. Test it with it (that is the one from your post - it (JMA) is still needed for this indicator to work) and let us know

Riksha:
It is very hard to do?Can anybody answer that?

mladen:

1 - macd signal

2 - osma (macd-signal)

any other value - macd

https://c.mql5.com/forextsd/forum/110/lr_of_macd.mq4

Can this be made into a single line Histogram version ... thanks in advance

Many thanks,Mladen

Reason: