Subthread: Dolly 2nd Clone Project - page 20

OpenGraphics_Expert_Ver1.02.mq4

Happy New Year everybody!!!

Alright, manage to add in the GMACD Ver2.0 by CJA inside the EA.

Also did some minor changes to get ride of the Error130.. It was happening because the broker only allow us to set buystops and sellstops 10 pips away the open price.

Added TakeProfit Variables(If set >20 will overwrite the default tp from opengraphics.)

Solved Stoploss problem mentioned by Felix114

Here you go.. the mql4!! Further improvements have to be made!

opengraphics_expert_ver1.02.mq4

Comments Required.

Currently EA does this.

Check H1 Thrend, H4 Thrend and price below (BuyStop Price-10pip) -> Open BuyStop for the Day

The reverse for Sell Stop.

The Script will also close Pending and Current Open Trades at 23:50.

00:00, It will place new trades again.

I know this shouldn't be the case, there must be some other conditions to be added like

- Timing (Time when we trade)

- Changes of Thrend after we place the buy_stop and Sell_stop

- more....

I hope that pple who are using the Dolly 2nd Clone to list down the variables that will affect the entry and exist.

If you could produce the logic, that would even be the best.

Comments... Thanks...

I want to improve the EA!

How is the trend actualy determined? I did notice that last week Friday for the USDCHF, the trend kept flipping constantly downtrend/uptrend. Would the EA constantly be buying/selling or how would it handle sych a situation?

Currently the EA only determine the thrend a specific time,

that is at 00:00, it would see the H4 and D1 Thrend.

The price almost must be within the channel so that it can place a buy/sell stop.

therefore,

H4, D1 Green -> Buy Stop

H4, D1 Red -> Sell Stop

There is only 1 Buy/Sell Stop a day unless the thrend changes.

at 23:50, all the pending orders and open orders are closed (not sure for the open orders, is this a good idea)

Basically that how the EA work.

To answer your question directly, It will not open multiple orders.

My thinking is should we be detecting the price when it hit the buy area or sell area to place a trade instead of placing a sell/buy stop 10 pips away.

The Coditions would be

1) Ask Price <= Buy Area

2) GMACD H4,D1 both equal to Green(Up Thrend)

3) Place Order

If the above is the case, the EA would be placing a few orders. Then maybe we will only open a trade when there isn't any trade running. Or maybe could be some other filtering options.

For eg, open another trade only after its 2 periods away.

Any suggestions, people?

Another thing that strike me is

when we actually look manually at the chart, how are really the conditions/rules that we follow.

For eg to place a Buy Order Instantly,

There are 2 situations (assuming the thrend is upthrend)

1) Price falls from Buy Area to the Buy Stop Point

2) Price rises from the Channel area to the Buy Stop Point

In this case, do we open the trade from Condition 1 or Condition 2?

And if these conditions are important, any experts here can enlight me on how to code something like this?

The only method I can think of is to store the price 10 mins ago somewhere so that we could compare it.

Wether the price is falling from buy area or rises to buy area.

I hope that I could explain in a clear and concise way for people to understand what I am talking about.

Please do let me know if I sound confusing.

bodshyipmonitor:
OpenGraphicsDollyEAv1.01 99% Modeling BackTest Results

dollygraphicsv1.01_99percent_2006_15min.htm

need more optimization!

How did u get 99% modelling quality????

Thanks

hymns:

Dolly 0% & 100% Fibo Lines

To set pending order (normally i'm waiting graph start 'NEW DAY' (6AM - Malaysian time)

BUY

1) Place Buy Stop @ Fibo 100% + Pair Spread

2) SET TP @ 5 pip or 0.000 (use trailing for more performance)

3) SET SL @ 100% price - 20 or 30 pip

SELL

1) Place Red Stop @ Fibo 0% + Pair Spread

2) SET TP @ 5 pip or 0.000 (use trailing for more performance)

3) SET SL @ 0% price + 20 or 30 pip

Little Tips Using

SELL

1) GMACD - main trend H4 & D1 (for Major Trend) - RED color (Down Trend)

2) Guppy Line - Make sure the Yellow,Gold,Orange,Red Above Open Price

3) Set 'SELL LIMIT' @ (BUY STOP-1 Price) + 5 pip

4) Set 'TP' @ 30-60 pip or (SELL STOP-1 Price) or (SELL STOP-1 TP)

5) Set 'S/L' @ (BUY STOP-1 TP) + Spread.

Can someone here please help me ... for the little tip dolly.... " Guppy Line - Make sure the Yellow,Gold,Orange,Red Above Open Price" what does this mean? Cause i dont see line color like that in the chart... can some one post an example?

And for the Fibo 100%... does that means when price touches fibo 100%.. we open trade and take 5 pips buy?

Please someone clarify this..

Thanks...

"HAPPY NEW YEAR"

ice_for_trading:
happy new year guys

maybe if you read my first tread all of you can find out that i'm a newbie here

for this couple day i already done my homework, read all the previous tread (more than 150 i guess)

but i still have a vew question, hopefully i can get some help

do we have to wait until the day closing (00.00 GMT) to put a stop order. or we can put a few hour early? i deal with a problem to connect at 23 till 10 GMT?

there is still something bother me, is it make sen to take only 20 pip with sl 40 (it ratios is half ). and how if in one single day both of our stop entry(buy and sell) hit but the price move sideway at the tunnel and both of our sl are hit we will lose 80 pip in a single day and we need 4 day consecutive win to breakeven (daily target 20 pip)?

one more question why the entry point range from the daily opening price, tp and sl are the same for every currency pair, seem we must use a larger one for more volatile pair like GU

sory for so much asking

once again happy new year guys

i wonder why there is nobody want to help me

ice_for_trading:
i wonder why there is nobody want to help me

From what I understand, the Dolly will calculate the BUYs and SELLs for you at GMT 00:00 time. Based upon the suggested BUYs and SELLs printed on the left hand side, you can enter your positions based upon that for the open.

I do not know how you can put in the S/L hours earlier not unless you are using the Dolly for intraday trading. I do not believe Dolly was meant to be for intraday trading, correct me if I am wrong?

Yes, the S/L does not justify the TP, but its better to make PIPs than to lose PIPs or even get stopped out especially if we are with the trend. I think if we all knew that we can make double out S/L then we wouldn't need to worry what our TP is, but that is not the case. Dolly does not attempt to perform any type of pattern recognition to project price into the future.

As for the SL and TP of all pairs, the code does not fine tune anything for each of the currency pairs as far as I know. You can set the SL and TP to whatever you feel comfortable with. Its purpose is to get you PIPs based upon the PIVOT or OPEN depending upon your settings.

wan_grunge:
Can someone here please help me ... for the little tip dolly.... " Guppy Line - Make sure the Yellow,Gold,Orange,Red Above Open Price" what does this mean? Cause i dont see line color like that in the chart... can some one post an example?

And for the Fibo 100%... does that means when price touches fibo 100%.. we open trade and take 5 pips buy?

Please someone clarify this..

Thanks...

"HAPPY NEW YEAR"

Check out this link for answers to your questions: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/175809/page2

Reason: