VPS Hosting Specifics

As it relates to the purchasing of the VPS service for $15/month. I've read the documentation and watch the videos. I have a few more additional questions that don't appear in the documentation or I just cannot find the information. Can someone kindly answer the following questions...

1. In most hosting environments when setting up a Windows VPS you would get Admin Access to the Windows Server. 

• Is this VPS hosting a full Windows Server?
  • Is this a Basic, Standard, or Datacenter?
  • Can I use the RDP Tool to access the Windows Server?

2. I've see in the provided documentation how show basic system info like CPU, MEMORY, and STORAGE.

• Is there a way to show network bandwidth usage?

3. I noticed that the documentation states it is impossible to upload an EA that uses a .dll file. This make me believe that this might not provide full Windows Server Admin Access.

• If this is full instance of Windows Server... can I install other service on it like python, nodejs, etc.?

Thank you for the help.

No, MQL5 VPS is not giving you access to a full Windows Server.

You get to migrate your local trading environment (MT4/5 charts and any experts or indicators attached on them, along with any signal subscription) to a cloud server, so all of them can work there 24/7 without interruptions.

You can read more here: https://www.mql5.com/en/vps/best-forex-vps-technology

Thank you for the quick response and simple answer.

Eleni Anna Branou #:

No, MQL5 VPS is not giving you access to a full Windows Server.

You get to migrate your local trading environment (MT4/5 charts and any experts or indicators attached on them, along with any signal subscription) to a cloud server, so all of them can work there 24/7 without interruptions.

You can read more here: https://www.mql5.com/en/vps/best-forex-vps-technology

hello. I bought VPS here, but my system is not working. I have already canceled my subscription, but I want my money back as no one told me that it may not work. I was working very well on Microsoft Azzure but here is not working. Pls send me my money back.

Piotr Tadeusz Majka #:
hello. I bought VPS here, but my system is not working. I have already canceled my subscription, but I want my money back as no one told me that it may not work. I was working very well on Microsoft Azzure but here is not working. Pls send me my money back.

If you translate for us this message you got, we maybe able to help you.

Piotr Tadeusz Majka #:

It was written that the migration is not available because you are trying to migrate old version of ex4 file.
You need to re-compile the source code with the latest version of MetaEditor/Metatrader.

So, you can check your build of MT4, update it (it will be updated together with MetaEditor), after that - recompile the source and repeat the migration.
Because MQL5 VPS is "Metatrader in cloud" having the latest build, but your ex4 file was compiled with old build of MetaEditor from old MT4.

--------------

And about this file ... "renkolivecharts_pimped_v4_13 (1).ex4
(1) means that you have the other one without (1) so you can check about how many files you compiled ...
Or this (1) is the part of real name?
because if it is indicator which is used in EA as icustom so it should be exact name as it was writtn in the EA for example ...

Eleni Anna Branou #:

If you translate for us this message you got, we maybe able to help you.

sure:

migration to virtual hosting failed: old version of ex4.

recompile "renkoinvest" and migrate again.

hope it helps.

Piotr

Sergey Golubev #:

It was written that the migration is not available because you are trying to migrate old version of ex4 file.
You need to re-compile the source code with the latest version of MetaEditor/Metatrader.

So, you can check your build of MT4, update it (it will be updated together with MetaEditor), after that - recompile the source and repeat the migration.
Because MQL5 VPS is "Metatrader in cloud" having the latest build, but your ex4 file was compiled with old build of MetaEditor from old MT4.

--------------

And about this file ... "renkolivecharts_pimped_v4_13 (1).ex4
(1) means that you have the other one without (1) so you can check about how many files you compiled ...
Or this (1) is the part of real name?
because if it is indicator which is used in EA as icustom so it should be exact name as it was writtn in the EA for example ...

No Sergey. I am not going to spend more money on that system. It should work on your VPS but it does not. It was working very well on Microsoft Azzure. I closed the acc there and opened here because was cheaper. I want my money back. No one told me that such a problem can occure. 

Piotr

Piotr Tadeusz Majka #:

No Sergey. I am not going to spend more money on that system. It should work on your VPS but it does not. It was working very well on Microsoft Azzure. I closed the acc there and opened here because was cheaper. I want my money back. No one told me that such a problem can occure. 

Piotr

There are a lot of information about MQL5 VPS incl videos, threads/posts, rules of this VPS, and some section on this MQL5 internet portal about VPS, and more (I mean: it is very difficult to miss something about how it works for example).
So, this MQL5 VPS works as it should work.

As to refund - as far as I know - there is no any refund with MQL5 VPS (at least - I did not read about refund in the rules here).
But I know that if you cancel a paid subscription, the remaining time is returned to your MQL5.com account in the form of "free" minutes. Which later can be spent on a new subscription "for minutes."
Rules of Using the Virtual Hosting Service
Rules of Using the Virtual Hosting Service
  • www.mql5.com
The page contains the rules of using the Virtual Hosting service (Virtual Hosting Cloud): general provisions, virtual hosting rental conditions, payment terms, as well as violations entailing termination of service.

Sergey Golubev #:
There are a lot of information about MQL5 VPS incl videos, threads/posts, rules of this VPS, and some section on this MQL5 internet portal about VPS, and more (I mean: it is very difficult to miss something about how it works for example).
So, this MQL5 VPS works as it should work.

As to refund - as far as I know - there is no any refund with MQL5 VPS (at least - I did not read about refund in the rules here).
But I know that if you cancel a paid subscription, the remaining time is returned to your MQL5.com account in the form of "free" minutes. Which later can be spent on a new subscription "for minutes."

i canceled subscription in the same day. Sergey PLS. Do not tell me that i should read 100 pages, watch many videos before i buy your VPS. On my example you see that it is not working. VPS is a simple product but in these case it is not working. 

Piotr Tadeusz Majka #:

i canceled subscription in the same day. Sergey PLS. Do not tell me that i should read 100 pages, watch many videos before i buy your VPS. On my example you see that it is not working. VPS is a simple product but in these case it is not working. 

I see that the ex4 file that you are using is availabe in Codebase as a mq4 file, so its very simple to download this mq4 file and compile with the latest MetaEditor.

https://www.mql5.com/en/code/11739

I did that and here is the newly compiled file, but it requires dll calls, something that is not allowed in MQL5 VPS.

It is very clearly writted in MQL5 VPS rules that dlls are not allowed in the Virtual Terminal.

https://www.mql5.com/en/vps/rules#part_III

Reason: