MT5 unable to connect at all!

Hello,

I'm writing here because I really do not know how to solve my problem.

Starting from Sunday I'm unable to connect my MT5 platforms from my home network. By other networks or mobile 4G it works perfectly.

I tried restarting the router, using different DNS from both my ISP and also publics, using different platforms, different devices, NOTHING works.

Also mobile app of MT5 do not connect.

As a system and network engineer the only reasonable reason seems that MT5 do not try to contact ONLY the broker for login the account but also others peers that can have probably put my public IP into a blacklist or something similar that make ALL MT5 platforms from my public IP to not working.

I know it can also a global network routing problem but MT4 platforms connect normally.

Can @MetaQuotes Support help in understanding what's happening here? 

If your IP is in suspect, try a VPN.

Else do a wire shark packet inspection.

Dominik Egert #:
If your IP is in suspect, try a VPN.

Else do a wire shark packet inspection.

It's exactly the same thing I thought, it's my next step to do. I hoped in some clarifications from metaquotes

Fabio Cavalloni :

Hello,

I'm writing here because I really do not know how to solve my problem.

Starting from Sunday I'm unable to connect my MT5 platforms from my home network. By other networks or mobile 4G it works perfectly.

I tried restarting the router, using different DNS from both my ISP and also publics, using different platforms, different devices, NOTHING works.

Also mobile app of MT5 do not connect.

As a system and network engineer the only reasonable reason seems that MT5 do not try to contact ONLY the broker for login the account but also others peers that can have probably put my public IP into a blacklist or something similar that make ALL MT5 platforms from my public IP to not working.

I know it can also a global network routing problem but MT4 platforms connect normally.

Can @MetaQuotes Support  help in understanding what's happening here? 

My case is the same, if you have solved the MT5 connection problem please help me, thanks

Tunneling my internet connection with a VPN made me able to have MT5 working correctly...

What I think is that (maybe) MetaQuotes have too strict anti intrusion systems that blacklist where too much connection are received from a single public IP ?

In my case I have a public IP that is always the same and not assigned to me only, but overloaded  for a lot of people, in this case a similar restrction on connections can cause the IP to be blocked.

Just hypotesis, no found yet a logical reason.

Fabio Cavalloni #:

Tunneling my internet connection with a VPN made me able to have MT5 working correctly...

What I think is that (maybe) MetaQuotes have too strict anti intrusion systems that blacklist where too much connection are received from a single public IP ?

In my case I have a public IP that is always the same and not assigned to me only, but overloaded  for a lot of people, in this case a similar restrction on connections can cause the IP to be blocked.

Just hypotesis, no found yet a logical reason.

If you are on dynamic IP address (and if it is false IP ban) so use the following way:

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

403 Error

MrGrey, 2014.09.23 10:14

To get a new IP address instantly you may also power cycle your router, i.e. switch it off, wait 5 seconds and switch it on again. 

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

MQl5 Banned until.....

Sergey Golubev, 2020.02.10 15:18

IP address, not a provider.

I think - it is the following case - "autoban because your IP became to be IP of the spammer".
If you have dynamic IP address (majority of internet users are having dynamic IP) so - switch your PC off and restart your modem/router; the IP address will be changed and this "red banner" will be disappeared).

It is the usual situation: I got this fake autoban by IP two times for example .. so - now I know how to fix it by myself (and I explained it on the thread).

My public IP is a "zone IP", where a lot of customers are overloaded behind the same public IP.

Restarting router or any device will not made the public IP to change.

IP changes only when my ISP decide to change it...

I have a similar issue, first observed by monday morning.

It occurs in my case on a vps for different brokers.

The vps-support provided me with a fresh new vps I installed my mt5 platforms again and the same message is showing up for two different brokers:

2021.11.16 16:45:48.288    Network    'xxx': connection to BRKHoldings-Demo lost

2021.11.16 16:54:16.542    Network    'xxx': no connection to ICMarketsSC-MT5

using the latest mt5 version.

Only two possible reasons:

• MT5 do some connections to metaquotes in order to works and metaqutoe's IPS blocks or blacklists some public IP based on some criterias.
  • Global routing problems for some ISP.
The only solution, that is not a solution but a boring workaround, is to use a VPS to be on internet with another public IP.

Fabio Cavalloni #:

My public IP is a "zone IP", where a lot of customers are overloaded behind the same public IP.

Restarting router or any device will not made the public IP to change.

IP changes only when my ISP decide to change it...

If it is the case - write to the service desk by informing them, and they may check the situation (about what this automated robot did with your IP in general).
By the way, I saw one thread in Russian forum (can not find it now sorry) with exact same issue ...
Yes, I found (Russian thread and no one replied): https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/382092

But please note that it may be related to the broker as well.

---------------- 

I had same case when I cound not connect with my home internet (I used "mobile internet" from my phone instead).
And this case was fixed by itself (because I have dynatic IPs; means: I did not pay for any static IP to internet provider).

It is always related to IPs ..

Do you use a fritz box? I read something in the german forum
Reason: