Seller verification automation

I suspect due to automation there is checks and balances that has nothing to do with documents uploaded. My seller verification declined after uploading of documents as requested: Legible, excellent clarity and all corners visible.

I have been locked out of seller verification process several times. Support team resets the seller without informing me where to upload my ID book (no provision made). Just to be rejected again. Now we are going around in circles.

Though automation expects transparency from my side. Support team is not transparent about automation process making approval a game of chance. Also not answering my questions. Their standard reply: “Hello, we have reset the seller. Please try again to become a seller.” 

I fear complete lockout and suspect if you have been a member for a significant time and have a good profile rating. Uploading seller documents for approval again might in some cases have a more positive outcome.

I kindly welcome any helpful advice from those who had similar issue in resolving this.

Johan Carel Stapelberg:
I suspect due to automation there is checks and balances that has nothing to do with documents uploaded. My seller verification declined after uploading of documents as requested: Legible, excellent clarity and all corners visible.

I have been locked out of seller verification process several times. Support team resets the seller without informing me where to upload my ID book (no provision made). Just to be rejected again. Now we are going around in circles.

Though automation expects transparency from my side. Support team is not transparent about automation process making approval a game of chance. Also not answering my questions. Their standard reply: “Hello, we have reset the seller. Please try again to become a seller.” 

I fear complete lockout and suspect if you have been a member for a significant time and have a good profile rating. Uploading seller documents for approval again might in some cases have a more positive outcome.

I kindly welcome any helpful advice from those who had similar issue in resolving this.
I went though a nightmare to be approved as a seller. Everything appears to be handled without a trace of human assistance.

Jose Alberto Pupo Pascoa:
I went though a nightmare to be approved as a seller. Everything appears to be handled without a trace of human assistance.

Jose, did you eventually get approved or are you still waiting approval.

Johan Carel Stapelberg:

Jose, did you eventually get approved or are you still waiting approval.

I was approved after I took a selfie with the ID card clamped between my lips and making the 3 fingers salute. 

Jose Alberto Pupo Pascoa:

I was approved after I took a selfie with the ID card clamped between my lips and making the 3 fingers salute. 

Thanks José. My issue now seems to be that they don't accept an ID book issued by South African government in 1989 at age 16. So, I sent them a government link where they can educate themselves. I hope that this will be resolved sooner than later.

Kind Regards

Johan Carel Stapelberg.

Good Day All

OK. Seems you have to up your rating above 100. This is the automation part. Then you should upload your documents as specified. Watch while the process completes. If your rating is sufficient but verification is declined they'll provide an email address. Email the address with the pictures attached. They will then inform you why the pictures are not accepted.

In my case I now have to apply for new ID card. The picture in my ID book is damaged.

I hope that all members struggling with seller verification being approved will find this advise helpful. Will love to hear from you.

Lifted my rating. Got my new Smart ID Card. Re-applied as seller with a rating of 176 and was approved. It seems the automation part has to do with your rating. I think this should help everyone having Seller Verification issues.

Johan Carel Stapelberg:

Good Day All

OK. Seems you have to up your rating above 100. This is the automation part. Then you should upload your documents as specified. Watch while the process completes. If your rating is sufficient but verification is declined they'll provide an email address. Email the address with the pictures attached. They will then inform you why the pictures are not accepted.

In my case I now have to apply for new ID card. The picture in my ID book is damaged.

I hope that all members struggling with seller verification being approved will find this advise helpful. Will love to hear from you.

Hello.
This might be late follow up, but where did you know about the rating above 100 for the seller? I have 80 and the check was refused without any clear reason (to me). Maybe that't the reason then...

I am quite sure that I have seen people register as sellers with ratings below 100.

Keith Watford:
I am quite sure that I have seen people register as sellers with ratings below 100.

Thanks for your reply.

BTW, maybe you also know: whether it's worth trying to request seller's approval for the second time once the first was refused?

Reason: