I'll give you money for "upgrading" (improving) the EA!

This topic was created to attract the attention of MQL4 programmers, as a continuation of this theme.

Screenshots and the Expert Advisor are attached.

Test readings

Real profit (Maximum drawdown during the night - 52 points)

Here are the settings:

MMType=0

UseClose=false

UseAdd=true

LotExponent=1
Slip=0
Lots=0
LotsDigits=2
TakeProfit=64
Sl=0

PipStep=63
MaxTrades=10

UseEquityStop=false

TotalEquityRisk=20
UseTrailingStop=true
(sorry I can't specify its level)
UseTimeOut=false

MaxTradeOpenHours=48

EURUSD, time M1.

tim21701 писал (а) >>

This topic was created to attract the attention of MQL4 programmers, as a continuation of this theme.

Screenshots and Expert Advisor are attached.

Test readings

Real profit (Maximum drawdown overnight - 52 pips)

Here are the settings:

MMType=0

UseClose=false

UseAdd=true

LotExponent=1
Slip=0
Lots=0
LotsDigits=2
TakeProfit=64
Sl=0

PipStep=63
MaxTrades=10

UseEquityStop=false

TotalEquityRisk=20
UseTrailingStop=true
(sorry, I can't set its level)
UseTimeOut=false

MaxTradeOpenHours=48

EURUSD, time M1.

I had it on a test run when I sold euros at the beginning of 2008

2008 03 06 - and in April 2008 it stopped out

put on a full automatic on the demo for three to four months - will lose

this is only suitable for semi-hands-only work!

Put your hands and only on the situation

---

you also need stops - which it does not have

without stops !, to trade ?

I drove a car on a mountain road but it had brakes.

It won't be what you want it to be, ever. It's a useful toy to see for yourself why it won't be better.

knock on my Facebook, let's talk....

YuraZ >> :

on the test, it bogged down with me selling euros at the beginning of 2008

2008 03 06 - and in April 2008 it stopped

You should use the full automatic demo for three to four months - it will sell out.

it is only good for semi-handicrafts!

bet by hand and only on situation

On long periods it fails for everyone, that's the problem. But on short distances and a quiet trend - it brings profit. I could see on the screenshots that it brought me 5.848 RUR net profit last night (from 1 to 8 a.m.).

Why so? Maybe because the trend at night is calmer than during the day?

tim21701 писал (а) >>

On long periods, everyone loses, and that's the problem. But on short distances and calm trends, it is profitable. On the screenshots you can see that last night (from 1 to 8 a.m.) it brought me 5.848 rubles of net profit.

Why so? Maybe because the trend at night is calmer than during the day?

--

>> calmer is not the word!

Don't you know that there is no activity at night -

although it can be a little bit naughty, it can be good !

--

but be aware that the lack of stops! sooner or later, it will take your profits away!

If you're gonna trade this thing, it's gotta be a situation.

--

it's not everybody's loss! it's just a loss - you have the same quotes as everyone else's.

this advisor has no stability over a long period of time

--

which means the idea behind it is already flawed

--

if you have a concrete idea for improvement

I think you will find a programmer here!

- Or if you want, I'll knock him around and he'll turn purple and speckled. (c) The mystery of the third planet.

YuraZ >> :

... You also need stops - which it doesn't have...

What kind of stops are you talking about? I don't get it. Or you're not paying attention to the settings.

tim21701 писал (а) >>

What kind of stops are you talking about? Or you are not paying attention to settings.

Sl=0

If we try to optimise this parameter

it won't get any better.

YuraZ >> :

Sl=0

So you said it just doesn't have them. It does, but it's set to 0 - so you don't have to use it. Have you tried to test it with Stops set? If the Expert Advisor opens a position and the trend turns to the other side - then it will only lose by pieces. And without it (at night - when it is calm) there is a chance to profit, because the trend will reverse anyway. The question is whether the deposit will be enough to bear it. The night was calm, and I do not deny that I was just lucky. But look at it - maximum drawdown was 52 points! What if I had stopped at 50?

tim21701 писал (а) >>

So you said that it just does not have them. They are there but in the settings set 0 - so they do not use. Have you tried to test it with Stops set? If the Expert Advisor opens a position and the trend turns in the opposite direction - then it will only lose by pieces. And without it (at night - when it is calm) there is a chance to profit, because the trend will reverse anyway. The question is whether the deposit will be enough to bear it. The night was calm, and I do not deny that I was just lucky. But look at it - maximum drawdown was 52 points! What if I had stopped at 50?

Not the point - I meant what is received - is received without stops

If the author of the strategy put stops = 0, then there are no stops in the vehicle.

I don't know why the author removed the brakes from the car and is driving on a mountain road!

apparently he has no fear and believes in his TS

---

if you add stops - it doesn't affect the quality of the TS in any way

---

plum

---

the stop should be justified by other criteria volatility or otherwise calculated

for example set at the fibo level or behind the highs lows and not just 50

---

you are lucky - you may get lucky again and again, but sooner or later you will not be so lucky

And because there are statistics for this TS, which on average states that the system loses

You will also lose sooner or later!

Reason: