Any of you guys participating in the Mql5 Championship?

I don't think I'll be able to learn and transform my Expert in time for this year competition. I'm just wondering if any of you active guys are in :)

I have dabbled with mql5, I have no intention of transferring my current EA to mql5 and anyway it's far from finished. I don't enter this kind of competition I really don't see the point . . . I can make better use of my time. :-)

It might just be fun. I wouldn't want to submit my Diamond-In-The-Ruff either lol, but just for kicks and giggles perhaps..... Are you afraid you'll be giving away more than it's worth? I mean, it'd be pretty difficult for others to figure out a strategy by just watching a order-log file. Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to talk you into it. I'm just trying to confirm or dis-spell my own fears.

Unfortunately the trading rules does not allow some of my EA's to partecipate. Expecially the only '3 Orders/symbol' rule do not allow to scale in correctly. And to be in the top players here you will need to play at high risk, which favorites the lucky one. Currently i am also quite busy, so i don't know if i get there in time. Most likely not.

:(...I was really looking forward to seeing you in there, oh well. I was not even aware of a 3-Orders Per Symbol Rule. Looks like they have narrow requirements for whats generally a Luck based format competition. Seems they're trying to discourage Grid, Scalp and Hedging EA's out. Hint to the wise again :)

But on the other side, the risk revard ratio is unlimited ;)

Just for fun we should write an EA which opens a trade on 5 Symbols with maximum lot and close when balance reaches 100k.

On of us go long, the other short. We share the winning price ;)

We have only to find a way to pass the testing.

You really should have sent me that in a PM.... rofl :)))).

ubzen:
It might just be fun. I wouldn't want to submit my Diamond-In-The-Ruff either lol, but just for kicks and giggles perhaps..... Are you afraid you'll be giving away more than it's worth? I mean, it'd be pretty difficult for others to figure out a strategy by just watching a order-log file. Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to talk you into it. I'm just trying to confirm or dis-spell my own fears.
I have spent the most of the last 2.5 months working on generic functions and have only recently been working on my "method" type code so I'm still a long way off, I have something that will run now but I still have more to add to it then when that is done I have other versions of the "method" to code, test and refine . . . so I have plenty to do without getting diverted by competitions ;-) I am already in one anyway, me vs Forex :-)

Yeah sometimes I wish I went that route. I actually spent the first year trying to develop a winning strategy with Simple like codes. When I finally decided to clean-up the code for live trading it became frustrating. Hence, at one of those moments, I posted the "Why no Complete Code in Code-Base". Currently, I think it's a Vicious Cycle between trying to develop Winning Systems and trying to develop Helpful Functions to accomplish that task.

One drawback to your approach is: If you complete the Functions first without knowing the characteristics of the system you'll end up with, or styles you'll adapt, you'll end up Overhauling most of your hard-work later in the future. On the flip-side, if you're a great programmer, and develop allot of bullet-proof functions for all situations, you might end up having a Resource hog and Slow strategy testing on your hands.

ubzen:

One drawback to your approach is: If you complete the Functions first without knowing the characteristics of the system you'll end up with, or styles you'll adapt, you'll end up Overhauling most of your hard-work later in the future. On the flip-side, if you're a great programmer, and develop allot of bullet-proof functions for all situations, you might end up having a Resource hog and Slow strategy testing on your hands.

The Functions I have coded are very generic and cover things like trade sizing, trade placing, capturing chart grabs, checking on existing trades to make sure TP and SL have been set and that trades get closed as a result of TP or SL hits, etc . . . so they are all generic and will work for any kind of method . . . at least that is the aim. I had an old EA that I wrote in March that traded Outside Bars, I added all my generic functions into it one by one for testing (replacing all the equivalent old code as I went) . . . in the ST it could complete 2 years of Dukascopy data in 4 mins so its speed was fine. :-)
Reason: