MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1011

I am using the "Birt Patch" in my metatrader app. In my previous version, I believe it was version 406, I had no problems with running my tester program. Now I cannot run it as I get an error message "TestGenerator: internal error because the file not opened". Does anyone out there have a remedy...
Hello. I am using the fallow code: #define OF_READ 0 #define OF_WRITE 1 #define OF_READWRITE 2 #define OF_SHARE_COMPAT 3 #define OF_SHARE_DENY_NONE 4 #define OF_SHARE_DENY_READ 5 #define OF_SHARE_DENY_WRITE 6 #define OF_SHARE_EXCLUSIVE 7 #import " kernel32 .dll" int _lopen (string path, int of); int
[Deleted]
  Creating a positive IO  (242   1 2 3 4 5 ... 24 25)
By popular demand: Positive mathematical expectation (PEM) over a long trading period ... the definition of CSI and its options; is it even possible? in what ways can it be created? Examples of systems with positive expected payoffs; why most traders cannot create it; what prevents them from doing
I need to write each row in File 3 (below) to a new file (File 4) if the Column 2 value in the row from File 3 is found in Column 4 in File 1 or File 2. The first row from File 3 will not be placed in File 4 because Black is not in Column 4 in File 1 or File 2. All other rows in File 3 will be...
[Deleted]
If you allow a drawdown of e.g. 20%, what is the purpose of the remaining 80% of the account? In this case, open an account with 20% of all funds and work for all. Trading with a max drawdown of 20% of the total amount available and trading with a drawdown of 100% of the total amount is one and the
[Deleted]
Hi, my problem is seeing from screen:
  Bid, ask, other  (4)
Hi, when putting a buy stop order I'm in doubt about this situation: I want the stop price to be High[1] + 1 (one pip). What I don't know is which price does High[1] give: is it the bid, the ask, the average between the two, or other? The same thing for going short: Low[1] -1 (one pip). Which price...
[Deleted]
Friends, when we use NormalizeDouble function with 4 digits, I want to know whether the price say 1.55675 will be rounded to 1.5568 or 1.5567 which is correct? if the price is say 1.55453 then will it be rounded to 1.5545 which means last digit 5 and above will be rounded or not ?
[Deleted]
  Metastock to Mt4  (2)
The code below is metastock format, Can someone help to convert to MT4 ?  it is called Bull And Bear Balance Indicator by Vadim Gimelfarb   Regards     r1:=If(Ref(C,-1)<O,Max(O-Ref(C,-1),H-L),H-L); r2:=If(Ref(C,-1)>O,Max(Ref(C,-1)-O,H-L),H-L); bull:=If(C=O, If(H-C=C-L, If(Ref(C,-1)>O, Max(H-O,C-L),...
this function calculates the maximum down correction between 2 points could any one please reverse it,, to calculate the maximum up correction double getDif(int X0, int X3 ){   double maxdif;   int P,B;   for(int i=MathMax(X0,X3); i>=MathMin(X0,X3); i--)   {      for(int p=i-1; p>=MathMin(X0,X3);...
Hi all, I have come up with a way by using "Bars" function. When a trade is triggered, I will set a integer count with the bars function (e.g. a buy trade is triggered in bar 122, hence the count will be 122) and when my criteria has being triggered again, I will call the bar function again and...
Can I modell when something happens on H4 with ask and bid, or maybe by comparing price on H4 with price on lower timeframes as M1?
Hello All. I use a to save .csv files in Experts/Files in C folder. For this, I need to use a top level, Administrative lever to save in C folder. But I want to use the DDE to passa values for an applivative that I use to analyse the traders. But, DDe only function in non top level, non...
  Spread control  (2)
Hi. I am look for the EURUSD and the spread (Ask-Bid) is always 5 pips when I run the script. Can I use the real spread be, or defined it ? Thanks.
Hi, I have found a few pages around claiming that the default stochastic indicator for MT4 is incorrect. Is that REALLY true ??? Is there a broad consensus on the issue? I could not find enough people talking about this to be completely satisfied with a concrete answer. To try and check, I re-wrote...
  Grammar Snob?  (4)
I understand this is not a typical post. The majority of individuals perusing the MQL4 threads are focused on script and strategy. While that is all well and good, am I the only one that is horrified by the grammar and writing style of S. Kovalyov's book titled 'Programming in Algorithmic Language...
[Deleted]
Hi, I find that for indicators, the static variable content never hold whenever change of timeframe, this never happen to EA. Anyone seeing the same, is this a bug in MT4?
Could someone share some order entry logic with me? If my ea logic says it's time to buy, I don't want my ea to execute the buy order if the price is still dropping. I want it to allow the price to drop, and enter on a reversal. for example: ea says enter at 1.45500 but price continues to drop...
[Deleted]
Hey people. im new here and kinda new at this metatrader thing. ive played around with practice accounts in fx trading and even have a finance degree. im very interested in this auto trading thing, and have seen quite a bit with metatrader 4, mql, expert advisors. wheres a good place to start, and i...
[Deleted]
Something really strange is happening: void MyFunc() {   // This function is called from within 'start()'   int myArray[1]; // defined a one dimensional array with size of 1 element *ON LOCAL FUNCTION LEVEL*   Alert(ArrayRange(myArray,0));   while(true)   {      // ... some conditions ...      int...
[Deleted]
Can some computer savvy member suggest a solution? Recently my computer started running mt4 in a very degraded mode. It takes 1-2 minutes, sometimes, just to change a page or a time interval. This happens when the markets are open. It runs much better on weekends:; almost normally. I have checked...
  mm not working  (10)
need help please i have tried to add mm to my ea and also to increase the lots as it trade but it does not do that can some one help me please extern bool MM=true; //money management extern double Risk=10; //risk in percentage extern double Lots=0.06; extern double Slippage = 3; //In bars. How many
I know this is very blah question. HoweverI would appreciate if someone could give me answers or opinions. Is it possible to manipulate broker pricefeed by EA of MT4?
I have two indicators that I believe might be sending different values to the platform than what they are showing on the indicator window. Can someone add code to my indicators that will output the values that they're sending to the platform? Thanks.
https://www.mql5.com/en/code/10633 this is a script in codebase. A easy one to send market order with mouse drag&drop. But I don't know why it uses a 10 times loop ... ? Afrikaans Albanian Arabic Armenian Azerbaijani Basque Belarusian Bulgarian Catalan Chinese (Simplified) Chinese (Traditional)...
There are support and resistance indicators like https://www.mql5.com/en/code/9711, https://www.mql5.com/en/code/9373. If there any EA sample with "Stoplose" of these support and resistance? Or other EA Stoplose base on support and resistance? Please give some example. Thanks.
I have one pair up and running, but on other pairs, the "waiting on update" is still showing. Its been 2 days now. How can I get this fixed?
When i compile a indicator MetaEditor change the long filename in short filename. f.e.: "aaaaccccc bbbb.mq4" in "aaaacc~1.mq4" do it is possible to avoid?
  Open a website  (5)
Hi, can I open a website with "https..." out of my EA?? What dll do I need for that?
I just found it out today. I am talking about the daily chart as an example. Data acquisition method 1: Just use the mouse to drag on the chart and data would be downloaded automatically and Never download data from history data center. Method 2. Go to history data center and download history data...