MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 502

I'd appreciate if someone could help me. Instead of using market orders with the stop loss and take profit internally coded in my EA, I want to try with pending orders with the stop loss and take profit embedded in them. The thing is that the OrderSend() function draws an arrow when the order is...
  PLEASE HELP!  (5)
I hope this will be easy question for some of you as I'm only a newbie with Forex.  I don't know why this occurred.  It may be because I attempted to debug a script file.  A few weeks ago I was debugging with MetaEditor (Build 1526), ... 1 - I "Compiled" the code.  Generated...
  HELP  (1)
Ciao vorrei sapere se parli italiano e se puoi consigliarmi. Ho un pc portatile acquistato 2 anni fa con win.10 - ho una mt4 swissquote con vari indicatori e vari template salvati. Quando apro l'applicazione va tutto lentissimo, il pc si rallenta. Prima che io inserissi i vari indicatori e prima che
Hi friends, I'd like to know how can I get the total number of indicator buffers I've used in my indicator. thanking in advance,
I'm reading from a text file, inputting the data into a string array, and outputting one of the lines from the string array into a message box. I believe it's not due to using a string array because I created one separately, tried it out, and the new line character was read perfectly. Therefore, I...
How do I set up a live MT4 account to run alongside my demo MT4 account on one Windows 10 computer for my IG account?
Hi, i am totally new to forex and metatrader. I started to read a material about trading today and got stuck at one point with mt5. Obiviously i created a demo account using AMPGlobalClearing-Demo-CQG server. All went good, account created. I just want to check out the trade process (buy/sell) but i...
Hello, I have a little problem with superimposed color rectangles. Only when these objects are overlapped area becomes black, how can I solve? // 1° RectangleObjectCreate("Zon1",OBJ_RECTANGLE,0,Time[0],price1,iTime(0,TF,index1),iHigh(0,TF,index1));ObjectSet   ("Zon1",OBJPROP_COLOR,Brown); // 2°...
Hi Below is my attempt at a trailing stop. Need help making it smarter and more reliable. I would like it to break even after 5 pips profit and thereafter trail by 5 pips. Please help. //+------------------------------------------------------------------+//| Expert trail stop order...
Hello Every one , I am not good MQL4 , Please help me .I want to open this order   : double Maxlot         = 100;  // double Lot              =  AccountBalance/10,000 ;    /// CASE 1 : example my balance = 900,000 USD , then Lot = 900,000/10,000 = 90 If (  Lot < Maxlot  )  ===> Sendorder () with...
[Deleted]
I'm using NormalizeDouble() to round a number to the 5th decimal place but the problem is that it keeps all the zeroes at the end. For example: 1.2345600000. How can I trim the number to 5 decimal places, getting rid of the zeroes?
Im getting the following errors : 2017.04.06 14:48:37.843 TestGenerator: unmatched data error (volume limit 5704 at 2017.03.31 16:00 exceeded) 2017.04.06 14:48:37.843 TestGenerator: unmatched data error (low value 1.06736 at 2017.03.31 15:00 is not reached from the least timeframe, low price 1.06782...
  installing MT4 problem  (32   1 2 3 4)
I am installing the Alpari MT4 , and the program is installed , but w hen I try to run the program ( click to MT4) , the screen becomes transparent, and get a message saying that " MetaTrader stopped working" . I tried disabling antivirus and firewall ( NOD32 ) , installing it in and out of program
MT4 works at reconnecting when connection fails, only if its utilizing *the same device* to reconnect. Sometimes fails to reconnect automatically even if its the same device. We still have to manually reconnect, which is not viable for me. I live in a place where the connection  is really unstable....
Hi, I am trying to vreate an EA. 1 of the things the EA ust do, Is to close an order when the 3 over 5 EMA conditions are met on the open of a new candle. When I try this in the strategy tester, i looks fine, but on a live account it doesn't work.  Maybe it is a slippage issue? Or is the code wrong?...
I have a weird problem... Testing a EA, runs fine produces a backtest.  But the second time I run a backtest with the EA (or any EA for that matter), MT4 immediately hangs and I have to kill it.  It doesn't matter if I try to run with different parameters, a different EA, or if just hit "Start"...
  MT4 installation  (1)
Hi Peoples - please can anyone help - I had MT4 (32 bit) running OK on my machine - I had to install the x64 version - I deleted the x32, purged and restarted the device and then installed the x64 direct from the MT website the install procures all charts with "Waiting for Updates" -I have tried...
hello at all, it is possible to replace the ilow () function or iCLose () with a string? I tried so but does not work: extern string CloseHigh ="iLow"; // Switch iLow or iCloseCloseHigh(0,0,1)); //iLow(0,0,1)); or iClose(0,0,1));
Good day Guys, can any one help me fix this problem? I'm trying to build a Grid Line Indicator and its saying Array is out of Range. Here is the source Code : #property strict#property indicator_chart_window#property indicator_buffers 1#property indicator_color1 clrWhiteextern double   RSMAX=2...
  datetime to Epoch??  (11   1 2)
hi everyone   do you know some way to convert a date '09.09.2014 18:32:47'  or the current time and date to Epoch???   thanks for help   yhoyo     
Hi there everyone I am a total newbie to trading and coding, I tried coding a simple EA to test a strategy I had in mind but the code is not being compiled. The first error(s) which I think are the main problem is as follows:" ' iMA ' - constant expected " which repeats for the three instances I
  eas doesnt work  (11   1 2)
Hii friends, Why many eas doesnt work on my pc? a lot warnings or error looks. Thanks
Hi, I have been trading for some years now and would like to learn coding my own Expert Advisors using my trading strategies. I have completed a MQL4 course for beginners which was good, but I want to / need to learn more before I can code by myself. I don't have any previous experience in C or C++
Hi! I copied a list. When the trader open a postion with size 0.02 my metratrader copy the position with size 0.01. Why my MT4 dont copy the original size?? I'm using a VPS with the MT4. I attach my configuration. Thanks
Dear All, I had my metatrader system and default profile crash unsavedwhen my laptop crashed after over heating. I've reopened metatrader and my defaultprofile is loaded but the alarms have all been lost. Any new alarms that I sethave the conditions and counters and limits are all grayed out except...
Hi at all! MT4, I was doing a good backtesting optimization of a EA. I found a good combination of input values, it was giving good results, but he was not finished and I left my computer to work. I do not know if it finished the backtesting, but I found my computer restarts. Please, does anyone...
  OrderSend Problem  (11   1 2)
hey i am a rookie in programming, i have the following problem: Compiler says: 'OrderSend' - declaration without type What i should do? Code: // BUY ORDER DEFINITION OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_BUY,LotSize,Ask,Slippage,BuyStopLoss,BuyTakeProfit,"Buy Order",MagicNumber,0,Green);&nbsp;&nbsp; // Sell...
Axctually I am a amateur in expert programming, I have a so many errors after compiling  (9errors) and that expert in MT4 after compiling not loading . somebody can help me? The indicator using for expert is "solar wind joy :)"
Dose anyone know what the input 'slippage' means for the order in the function OrderSend()? It is an integer, but in the MQL4 Reference, it says : "If the requested price is out of date, but present in the thread, the order will be opened at the current price and only if the current price lies...
Halo fellow coder, I'm trying to use function call DoubleToStr(f0_8(), 0) in this way for my chartinfo panelbut the function is not working. This code only showing "Total Orders = 0 ". The function value is freeze.Any other way that can works perfectly  with applying font, color and position of the...