MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1016

[Deleted]
Hi There, I've had an account and have been running metaquotes platform for about 1 month with no problems. Suddenly, I can't seem to login or connect at all. When I first open the software I get a "No Connection" error and when I try to manually login I get an "Invalid Account" error. I have the...
[Deleted]
  DNC  (9)
Hello all, I'm writing my first EA with no background experience, just learning it as I go and its coming on quite nicely- but im struggling on one area. I want to take only long positions when price has broken above the high of the preceeding 120 bars and go short when it has broken below the low...
Hello, I would like to know what kind of backtesting is morereliable (each tick, control points or just open prices) in an expert advisorprogrammed in open price. Thanks
Hi I am knowing MTF-indicators, that shows the value e.g. D1 MA as ONE price over 24 hours in the past. Is it possible to draw the calculated values from the past for a MTF-indicator?? Does anybody has an example??
[Deleted]
Hello all, After beating my head and trading manually while being glued to the screen Ive come across a indicator that is 1/2 of my strategy (pin bar strategy). I am hoping some of you out there can help me finish this EA. Ive traded this system manually and have had great success with it. Manually
[Deleted]
Something's wrong with the strategy tester. The following code draws fibo fans from the second and third period tops/bottoms, one going up and the other facing down. (From 3rd period's - hour by default - top to 2nd bottom and from 3rd bottom to 2nd top) It works just fine in realtime but won't...
Opinion--- How about such trading? 3 times less one month. basically, the lots is small and profits each deal is samall, since the initial deposition is only 53 $ .
I want to to create a line with according to pixels not with price and time... On my "trading view" I would like to have "mini-charts" with different time frames, like the picture I linked to... http://www.mediafire.com/i/?2hnu70cc2pjw6s0 A work around could be a loop with text like "dots" (.),...
'Alo mates need just lil help, solution how to close all opened and pending at the end of the day it shloud be like int start(){if ((TradeHour==Hour())&&(TradeMinutes==Minute())&&(TradeSeconds==Seconds()))Executor();} int Executor() {close all trades??? } but I have another function like this in...
int start(){ int limit; int counted_bars=IndicatorCounted(); if(counted_bars>0) counted_bars--; limit=Bars-counted_bars; for(int i=0; i<limit; i++) { ExtMapBuffer1[i]=Close[i]>=Open[i]*1.1; } return(0);} Running results,why?
Hello, i am requesting someone to help me on installation method of channel scalper 1.01 indicator (specially .set files) in the MT4 platform. I can not understand how i install .set files in MT4 platform. I am giving website link of full package of this indicator. Please download the indicator,...
THE CODE IS BELOW AND ERROR CODE IS " END OF PROGRAM NO FUNCTIONS DEFINED " HOW CAN I SOLVE THIS?
[Deleted]
I've been running into a 136 error frequently when my EA has been trying to place an order. What's this really all about? And apparently NormalizeDouble is an important part of the EA placing orders. I searched through my code and I'm not using NormalizeDouble. Could this be part of the problem
Hi, to make it easier to develop and work with the EA code I want to hide away simple standard functions that are fully finished. In the file I put only the functions, like this:...
Hi is it possible to reduce lot size when trade is losing? Just asking.
Hello all, Wondering if anyone can point me to a good range bar indicator for mt4. I got one from: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/178540 but it doesn't seem to work for me. Thanks!
I am a new user of the mt4 plateform, i just got a software from a friend claiming that it can be used to plot the daily pivot automatically on my chart. I need help on how I can go about installing the software or any other of such on my mt4 plateforms please.
is it possible to add symbol letters into magic? fex: int MagicNumber = Symbol()12345;
[Deleted]
Hi, I had been testing some EA's and I got really confused now. I had been testing EA's on demo FXCM MT4 then I decided to open a Alpari demo MT4. Made same EA, same time frime same setting ect... But the results are not the same between FXCM & Alpari. http://picturepush.com/public/3576871 -...
I want to prevent my EA from open new order if bar is older than 10 min ... is there a simple function i can use which returns 0 if bar is older than 10 min?
As a matter of fact the reason for creating this branch was the idea that everything has been automated in terms of making orders and realizing large amounts of currencies. If you want to continue the idea that everything is calculated and recognised by the majors long before us, or hotter, MM sets
[Deleted]
I write EA which save each tick. I don't know why function start() don't save ticks. Function start() should execute when new tick appear. Am I right? Please help. Where may be a problem? int start() { string strSymbol="EURUSD"; double bid =MarketInfo(strSymbol,MODE_BID); double ask...
[Deleted]
Hi guys did anyone of you experienced a strange thing like the one below OrderMagicNumber() returns negative value and which is strange is that it repeats the same negative value across the history - anyone experienced something like that before? here is an example of such things: 2012.06.21 19:40...
[Deleted]
It is my understanting that the Start() function works tick by tick. Is there a way to use real-time data from the computer clock and update every second? Not tick by tick but every second? If so please give me some help. thanks
[Deleted]
Friends, The value stored in variable TL3 is becoming zero after finishing the count no 37 using FOR statement. How to store the value in TL3 got from FOR statement even after count is over. In my EA FOR statement stops executing after BeginTime 8:00 am. The value in TL3 is lost after 8 am How to...
hi I get the following error what can I do to fix it ?
[Deleted]
  EAs not working  (5)
Guys, I have installed the a couple of Expert Advisors to my MT4 platform. It does show a smiley face, however, no trades are happening. Live trading has been activated and Expert Advisors tab has been checked on the tab. Please help. -- Rahul
[Deleted]
Hi, Is it possible to replot a new candel stick/OHLC chart based on data from an existing pair? Im looking to recreate a pairs chart based on an indicator ive come up with. If this is possible, could someone point out some general samples as im unfamilar with MT language. Thanks for your time
Personally, I've been trading for a week and all profits! I wonder how long it will last? Are there any pitfalls?)