MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1007

[Deleted]
Hello, It's a question about this forum. It seems that I am not aware when there are new answers on topics I have subscribe. Is my mistake ? Regards, Pierre8r
Hi, I’m new to mql4and new to programming. I was hopping, someone could help me with this littleproblem I encountered. I need an EA to determine bar shift since the last closed order. This is what I came up with … int BarsSinceLastOrder()   {   if(OrdersHistoryTotal()<1)      {      int...
[Deleted]
Hi, I am trying to devveop a back test that trades at a specifictime of the day. I have downloaded and created tick data as per previous posts(many thanks) and am getting totally confusing results. I can only conclude it is my lack ofunderstanding of how time functions operate. Can someone point...
[Deleted]
Hi, I am currently rewriting one of EAs, and I do lot of backtesting using internal MT4 tester. The problem is that I am using time functions to limit trading time to periods that I feel are good for trading, but while testing it seems that MT4 is using current time, and not time in past data? Any...
I'm new to this and I don't see what I'm doing wrong, When I run it it just keeps making trades. I want it to work just at the close of the bar, but its making a trade every tick. My code is double FastMA = iMA(NULL,0,5,0,MODE_SMA,PRICE_MEDIAN,0); double PrevFastMA = iMA(NULL,0,5,0,MODE_SMA...
[Deleted]
  VWAP Based EA?  (6)
Hello all. With VWAP reversion mentioned in more and more financial blogs/publications I was curious if anyone has made/knows of an EA that trades based off of a VWAP indicator. I did a search and came up with very little. I know that the guys at Dailyfx made one for marketscope.. It paints 3...
[Deleted]
Hi all, I have download Meta trader 4 demo but in the items I can't found Ibex35 simbols. Please, Can you help me to can use spanish items?¿ Best regards
[Deleted]
Say from the history data to excel ranging from one date to current period - basically a range of data showing opening, high, low, closing, volume of the currency selected. - to update excel every 5 mins a new set of data comes, considering I am looking AUDUSD 5min chart. There was an earlier...
[Deleted]
I want to record spread,and input them to mysql,so I can do some statistics.The following is my code,but my problem is every time the new content will remove old content.So can someone tell me how to write new content without remove old content? Thank you very much! int start() { int handle;
[Deleted]
  Blank Screen  (7)
Help!! When I pull up my EUR/USD chart no candles on 5m 15m 1h. I tried downloading new history in history center and it is still the same
Hello guys. I wanted to understand why I get different results using a multi timeframe indicator code to develop an EA. Basically I have written a quite simple code to check the Parabolic Sar over three different timeframes. The indicator seems to work fine in accordance with the logic, instead when...
[Deleted]
Hi, all. Firstly, I am sorry with my poor English. I have created an EA that open many orders on many currency pairs. When the total profit of all orders (in $) have reached the defined profit, the EA will closing all orders one by one. But this execution sequence takes more times and sometime...
Hi, I want to check open orders (market) orders for special number in OrderComment. If order with same comment exsist do not open another order. Problem is that somethimes it duplicate order. Can you check for errors, please? int countbuy = 0 ; for ( int i= OrdersTotal ()- 1 ; i >= 0 ; i--)
Hi there (personally, to those who still remember me ;-) ), haven't been here in a while). I've read a couple of threads about probability, randomness and theory, but it's a shambles. So I'll just throw my twisted thoughts at you in case anyone understands. ;-) here we go. Probability Theory(!) is
  Read File and EA  (5)
Hi All, I am looking for for help to see if this scenerio can be achieved in an ExpertAdvisor : 1. I have a text file(input_to_MT4.CSV) lets say: BUY,EURUSD,1.0,MAGICNUMBER001 //{Action,symbol,lot,orderIdentifier} 2. The ExpertAdvisor should: Loop { A. Read the File...
  new order each hour  (16   1 2)
I have some code to create some orders once per hour. Do I need to run it in a for lopp for each section ie 0 to 24 to do this?             //create new orders, open at xx:00            if (Hour() ==0 && Minute() == 0 && varH1BiasDirection == 1 && OrderSetFlag == 0) {...
How can a script place a trade? The error 4109 shows up. There'sno opportunity to enable the checkbox to "Allow live trading" in theexpert properties. The script just runs and exits a second later. Hereis the bare bones script I'm working with. int start(){   int...
[Deleted]
I've a major problem with My EA as detailed below; please help and advice with partially written CODE as possible. Introduction: My EA is instructed to start by certain neutral conditions, till only one of the GoLG (buy) or GoSH (sell) condition(s) is met.The last OrderType() should be stored in...
I had some spare time today after I was talking to a friend who has been toying around with MetaTrader 5, so I decided to download a copy of MT5 from this site and see what he was talking about. Later I went back into MetaTrader 4 to finish up some editing to an EA I had been working on, after 1...
[Deleted]
I don't understand the logic behind NOT offering robots on mobile platforms. If one of Metaquotes objective is to popularize the meta trader i think NOT allowing robots on iPhones or Android is severely hindering meta trader's growth... (I don't get it!) Can anybody explain the logic behind this...
[Deleted]
  Finding my ID  (3)
Hi, how do i find my MetaQotes/MetaTrader ID? the instructions (Tools>Options) say it's located at Settings>Messages can't find it thank you Randy
I've been setting my stoploss and takeprofit based on price volume.So I created this indicator that determines the high and low for some number ofbars and uses that spread to place two moving horizontal lines indicating wherethe stoploss and takeprofit will be if a trade is opened. I think it helps...
Hi all, I'm trying to recall the closing time for the last order executed on the account for a certain currency. What do you think about this code? Thank you! total_history = OrdersHistoryTotal( ) ;    for(cnt=0;cnt<=total_history;cnt++)     {     OrderSelect(cnt, SELECT_BY_POS, MODE_HISTORY);...
[Deleted]
Have you ever heard about the site http://www.forex-einstieg.de or something like that? As far as I know, if you look for German brokers then you will get help from this site.
[Deleted]
Hello. I have no idea if this is the right Forum, or if this has been asked before, but I am using the latest build of MT4 and there is NO WAY TO KNOW WHICH TEMPLATE YOU ARE CURRENTLY USING. Can't believe this has been an oversight for SO long, please, in the next build, have this info somewhere,...
[Deleted]
  OrderSend() BUG  (2)
Hello, is it possible that there is a BUG in the OrderSend()-Function? For few weeks the OrderSend() doens't work correct. When I have a SL in my OrderSend(), the EA doesn't open the order, but when I set SL to 0, then he opens a order and I have to modify the order with OrderModify(). Why?...
ı did a indicator and ı need to use it in my EA. ı know there is iCustom code but ı didnt understand to use it please help me .
Dear all, I would like to know, if I put entry condition in an indicator and put order execution in EA, is it still able to perform backtesting for this system? If yes, how? Thanks for your kind help. wing
Hi everyone, I am looking for the simplest code in order to get the daily Highest/Lowest value of an indicator. For example we run CCI indicator with CCI_Period=12. This indicator has many picks as lowest or highest value in a day. I am trying to get this values in order to compare it with other...
[Deleted]
As you see on the picture the green line is over the NULL -Line, but the indicator repeats negative values (by mouse-over). May be I have to restart my MQL4