General - page 948

MQ can you please add some more categories to better organize this forum? It's so hard to weed out the good threads from the junk...  General Trading|_Trading Systems|_Other Asset classes|_General Trading DiscussionMT5|_Platform|_Beginner Developer Section|_Indicators |_Experts|_Articles/ Library...
Hello,             Would anyone be willing to add their "scalping" recommendations to this thread? I'd really like to see the best traders of the hardest pair (the dragon) to come together and put up a good fight! Anyone willing to get involved?   For SELL number I The take profit is 140.605 and...
i want to install mt4 on a mac, and it ask me for proxy server is any can help me with the proxy
I am not sure where I should enter my currency symbols without getting an error. It works well but I need someone to edit it for me . Any help out there. And of course you can take the code when it is up and running. The code is below: ( the only errors are symbol related, proper placement of the...
Hello friends, I need some help to solve this issue. The fact is, there is a EMA period of 9, CCI period of 14 and RSI period of 14.For go for a long, when the present candle cross the EMA and CCI ( CCI direction from the bottom to top in between CCI levels of -45 and +55. ) cross the RSI.   For go...
  Usd Fall Over ?  (6)
YesNoNot Sure
I would like to operate my Signal subscription in a separate account from my EA account but I can't seem to get them to run independently as the EA always is present and running on the Signal account as well as the designated EA account. Is there a way to get them to work on the same MT4 page on
After the backtest one chart is open with the arrows and lines representing the orders / deals. Is it possible to access / manipulate it? I would like to present some custom statistics there.
Hi All, I have been searching high and low and cannot find...An EA or Script that allows for switching an existing open order from "Buy" to "Sell" (ie. "Buy" order is closed and "Sell" order is entered into) and vice versa. Therefore..> at a press of a button... ie. A) an existing open trade "Buy"
Does anyone know any MT4 brokers that offer the ETF/ETN XIV or SVXY?
Hello Every Body ... Please Help me How Can I Customize My trendline style and thickness in MT5 ... I wanna Draw a trendline with a specified style But Dash or Dotted Style is Disabled and can not use dotted or dash on this line width (thickness)  ... I attached a picture for showing my problem ......
[Deleted]
Hi, I wanted to ask if anyone knew a good way to protect with license an indicator. I know MQL5 does this for you, but in case i'd like to sell my products outside of MQL5, is there a viable way to put a license key to copies? So that if the costumer wants to make a return, he can do it and get his...
If so, it's too bad. I have to switch back to MT4...
  Trading code  (3)
Hello, I need experienced coder to code my strategy to EA, please comment here if anyone interested.
I use MT5 and used MT4 earlier, why objects move their position after I release my mouse button ? For example, I draw a rectangle then I release my button but suddenly that rectangle re-positions itself to little different co-ordinates. Check the images : This is how I want it to be: But after I
Hi everyone. I'm running MT5 terminal from my broker,( live account, not demo) ActivTrades Version 5.00 Built 1495 09 Dec 2016, and i dosn't have the option in the Navigator to rent the MQL5 VPS, why is this? Restriction from my broker? If I download the terminal straight from metatrader.com the...
MT4 kept the S/L and T/P info in the history .. so far MT5 seems to have eliminated this .. how can this be fixed in MT5? Whilst I like the full range of Trailing Stops added to MT5 other issues compared to MT4 are: In MT4 the History operated as "current month" though it said "last month" whereas...
[Deleted]
If I have opened buy stop 1 lot, If there was tick jumping more than Slippage, 1. the stop order deletes and buy order not opens. 2. the stop order not deletes and buy order opening try again. What will happen to my account? 1 or 2 ? Links about this question are welcome too.
Yes (the strategy tester is everything!)No
EURUSD EURGBP GBPUSD GOLD SILVER USDJPY USDCHF AUDCAD
In MT5 there are some minor extra features / settings .... the relationship though between the zoom level used for the main graph and the line thicknesses on the indicators graphs is not as good as MT4. In MT4 when you zoom out the indicator line thickness maintains some balance with the main graph...
I want to make something similar to Print(arg1, arg2, ...) Is it possible or do I need to make n overloaded functions to essentially accomplish the same thing?
If you don't initialize your members and your class assumes a NULL or zero implicit initialization then you're going to get intermittent bugs. Members that aren't explicitly initialized get whatever value they get (not always NULL)
The widespread transition of brokers to the multi-asset HFT MetaTrader 5 platform is well under way, also in Turkey. In recent months, several large companies in Turkey announced the launch of the new product for their traders, including the Istanbul broker Info Yatirim. This confirms the interest...
  Help Please!  (2)
Hi, my developer is not responding. Today will be the 6th day that he has not visited the job forum. What should I do about this? Thank you to anyone who responds.
Hi everyone, Can someone be so kind to make me understand whether there is a relationship between compile time and the performance of an expert advisor/indicator.
how do i delete indicators on mt5?  thanks
  MT5 backtest  (1)
Hello! I would like to know how do I perform a backtest on MT5 based on bollinger bands. I would like that the MT5 backtest tool tell me when the price touches the BB upper line or lower line, then open an order to opposite side to five minutes then close the order. Is it very hard to do? Im new on...
Hello All, I really wanna test the software, how can I add Es eminis future symbol to MT5 pls ? thanks for any help.