General - page 1907

The same time, the same timeframe, the same indicators with the same settings and everything is the same. Brokers are different. And images should be the same. Or should be different?
Is there a way to get MT4 to create *.csv files in a different directory other than in Experts>Files or a subdirectory of it? If so, how does one code this? WRR
How would I write the expression in Mt4 "the lowest low in last 8 hours"? or "the highest high in the last 8 hours" Thanks Kev
Does anyone know how to use an expert attached to, say, GBP/USD to get a current price for GBP/JPY? I am trying to calculate pip values for a lot sizing strategy. Thanks, JS
I have a simple alert that lets me know when the macd has a signal, but it only alerts when I change charts, if I go from H4 to H1 it will give me the alert for H4. I am very new to MT4. Thanks, Chad
Hi Is anybody else have problems with LocalTime() returning a incorrect value after the build 186 upgrade? With build 184 it's working 100% Barry
Hi, How can I know the duration expresse by number of bars (in the current chart) for a specific position ? Actually, I want to close a position automatically after 30 bars (in my expert-advisor) How can I do that ? 10X !
Hi ... Iam new her kan you plz help me with haw to reigt the sell and bay cods in the MQ4 , iam using the MetaTrader 4 and the stander Parabolic stratigi i wed like to make it automatic when the point is up so it well sell and when its dawn so its well bay ..................... plz haw kan i make
Hi All, Does anyone know how to place the stochastic indicator on the price chart frame? Only seem to pop it in a seperate window. I've already tried altering the #property field to indicator_chart_window but to no avail. Any and all help welcome :) Martin
  Zigzag Trading System Development  (79   1 2 3 4 5 ... 7 8)
Some EAs which were created within the development of the trading system. Indicators you may find https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173098 Discussion about this system https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/172922
  Zigzag system development  (16   1 2)
On this thread I will post all the indicators which were programmed within the Zigzag Trading System Development. Zigzag Real: - blue line is standard zigzag line; - white line is the zigzag real indicator's line moving in the real time (time berween blue and real white line is the delay, it means
  Beta Testing  (14   1 2)
im checking out beta1 for the 1st day very cool. 1. I added some closing logic and then decided i want to let stoploss and Take profit handle it but i didnt see a way to delete the closing logic or any type of logic after it has been added. 2. levels would be extremely nice like the signal has to...
Hi, I'm using wccipatterns indicator (posted on the yahoo group) but i need someone to program independent alerts to each of the patterns For example I would like to be alerted when bearish patterns 2,3,5,6 formed Or I would like to be alerted when bullish patterns 2,3,5,6 formed The author of...
How can I find out, from an EA, whether the EA is configured to allow trading longs, shorts or both? isTradeAllowed() tells me if any trading is allowed, but I need a little more detail... (My apologies for the semi-duplicate post.)
Hi to all Forex people Gordago Stock Optimizer is a program providing the opportunity to create and optimize your trade strategy without studying programming (MQL in particular). Then the program creates the expert advisor for MetaTrader4 through pushing a button only or connects it to any broker,...
  Dinapoli for mt4  (7)
Does anyone know where I can get the DiNapoli indicators for mt4? or can someone convert the mt3 indicators to mt4 thanks
  Working Hours  (2)
I found some piece of code which I am using sometimes. If I need to do some back/forward test in particular hours, or if I am not trading 24 hours per day I use the following code to be inserted in EA: In the top of EA (where information about the lots, Take Profit etc are located) insert the...
  Hans123 EA  (54   1 2 3 4 5 6)
  Trade Times  (7)
Ok I am somewhat new to forex metatrading. Are there any times during the day that should be avoided where the market basically stays quiet but can send my autotrader to make a bad trade?
  Alerts  (21   1 2 3)
I would appreciate all kind of alerts to be indicators and not EAs. I attach fractal breakdown EA, and asking if it is possible to become just an alert on indication basis. TKS vm Sir in advance
Hi, I have a very odd problem: sometimes after starting my EA again (in Backtesting mode) i see that i have already open trades ! OrdersTotal() return 1 open trade and it looks like the EA in skipping some code lines ... what can be my problem ? Thanks, Avi
Disclaimer: Forex is high risk gambling. Any advices that JDun or other poster on this board should be taken with a grain a salt. These advices are extremely risky and the chance of losing money is high. Use the information that is posted on this board at your own risk. Jdun is not liable for any...
Hi, What is the meaning of iStochastic "price_field" ? it Can be one of the values: 0 - Low/High or 1 - Close/Close ... Thanks
I trade EUR/USD but find the market follows the Bund future some of the time. Also the Dax is out performing the us stockmarket these days. It would be of great advatage if these contracts could be added. Cheers
We have added three options to navigation bar to improve usability of site. Also we have changed some issues to make the site easy to surf. Enjoy them. Best regards
  TrueScalper  (16   1 2)
This EA was posted to the Yahoo Group with the following statement from the author: All, TrueScalper 49c is attached, as well as the weeks forward test. They may also be found at: http://www.lightpatch.com/forex/TrueScalper49+/ The EA ONLY WORKS ON GBPUSD 5Minute chart right now. If you read the...
Gann Trend System.
  Fibonacci discussion  (21   1 2 3)
Hey I am starting this thread because i have big interest to learn about fibonnaci and i might think other people out there is thinking the same. i have ordered some of the homestuddy package. i start up with lesson 6,7 and 10 i will tell if its a good course or not when i have studyed some more i...
  Backtesting/Optimization  (943   1 2 3 4 5 ... 94 95)
It was a problem which renoex arised https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general Not asked even. It was just 'rhetorical' questions (question with answer inside the question). Of course no we can not. But we are working with this tester and do not have any choice. 1. Some people say: do not believe in mt4