File Directory Option for Scripts

Is there a way to get MT4 to create *.csv files in a different directory other than in Experts>Files or a subdirectory of it? If so, how does one code this?

WRR

We have in download area some scripts and utilities to have csv files.

It is somewhere here

No

WRR:
Is there a way to get MT4 to create *.csv files in a different directory other than in Experts>Files or a subdirectory of it? If so, how does one code this? WRR

WRR,

When you use the MQL4 File functions (OpenFile,FileWrite etc)

There are only two paths used to save your files:

MetaTrader 4\tester\files

MetaTrader 4\experts\files

You may consider Windows APIs or DDE to save in different directory.

codersguru:
WRR,

When you use the MQL4 File functions (OpenFile,FileWrite etc)

There are only two paths used to save your files:

MetaTrader 4\tester\files

MetaTrader 4\experts\files

You may consider Windows APIs or DDE to save in different directory.

codersguru,

thanks for getting back to me so quickly. Yes, the code I have now uses OpenFile, FileWrite, etc. and saves the file in

MetaTrader 4\experts\files\\.csv.

I am only familiar with DDE with respect to the sample spreadsheet that comes with MT4. I am not familiar with API. Could you steer me in the right direction on this?

How does one go about making suggestions to MetaQuotes about such enhancements?

When a new build of MT4 is released, how does one find out what the changes are to that build?

Is there an online source that describes the improvements and fixes for each build?

Is this forum owned by MetaQuotes? If not, what is the relationship between this forum and MetaQuotes?

Cheers.

WRR

MT4 Files APIs & DDE.

WRR,

I've made two programs:

1- DDE Example - built with visual basic.

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173110

2- File replacement DLL - which you can save your file any place in your PC - built with Visual C++.

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173113

Please download them and tell me what do you think.

WRR:

Is this forum owned by MetaQuotes? If not, what is the relationship between this forum and MetaQuotes?

www.forex-tsd.com is a community of trading system developers using metatrader as development plattform.

relationship = fans of the product.

Reason: