General - page 1896

Is it possible to patent Expert or Indicator code? Are there any restrictions imposed by MQ to do so? Is it possible to disassemble Expert or Indicator code? Are there any back doors for anyone to upload the code? Hypothetically, if I would have a code which can produce about 280 pips per 24...
  Function request  (10)
function request after 2 lose trades (one behind the other) change Lots -i will change Lots after 2 lose trades(one behind the other) can help me please ? --
Hi Metatrader, Currently I have MetaTrader V4 Build 186 dt Nov 17, 2005 and it is not connecting. I am not sure what was the version and build when I initially installed 2 weeks before and then I was able to connect. Please help me to get connected. TIA, Muhammad
I have code that sends an alert within an indicator once a condition has been met for the current bar. I am having trouble gettiing the alert to only send once. Also, the alert continues to send even though the condition should be false. Any help would be apreciated. Thanks in advance... here is a
Slawa, I'm programming a simple reversal based on 'if H(2)<Cl(1)', etc... -- my problem is that for bar(0)--daily chart--the order is placed at 23:59 (pm) instead of 00:01 (am). Example: instead of opening the bar 2.07.05 as bar (0), finding my logic circuits true, and initiating OrderSend(), the
When a new Bar appear, how to refresh the chart window to keep the total bar number displayed unchanged? for example if i set the maximum bar number displayed in the chart window to 120, when a new bar appear. it will changed to 121 bars displayed. how can i keep displaying only 120 bars, and...
  How ...  (1)
Hi guys, I downloaded a zip folder with MurreyMath trading. It turned out that the files are DJVU. I don't know how to open these files. Any ideas??? THANK YOU
  OrderTicket() problem?  (11   1 2)
Hi, I was trying to build an array of the open order tickets, but OrderTicket() just returns 0. Is that a known issue or am I somehow messing up the incredibly simple code? Loren
hi all and codeguru sory for my bad english and i'm newbie in programming... i get value from double() function like 1.75673456 and i want get only four digit after dot like 1.7567 how to get that ??? thanks for the answer
Hi. Sorry about the noob question Whats the diference betwin using diferent time frames on EA? What efects have the time frames on EA? Kind regards
  MA turn indicator needed  (11   1 2)
I am looking for an indicator that is a modification of the basic Moving Average indicator in MQ4. All I want it to do .. is when one of the MA's changes direction at the close of the bar, (from up to down or down to up) then I want it to make a sound/alert or say something using the Speech function...
  Security issue  (2)
Microsoft has officially accepted that 'image files' can contain virus due to a vulnerability of Windows. http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/advisory/912840.mspx It means that you can get virus from image files that you receive by email or ... in a forum like this. (In this forum nobody has...
Is it possable to make a Timer that counts how many hours...minutes...seconds are left untill the next bar is going to print; on any given time preiod? I've recently been studying Woodies CCi and it highly suggests to wait untill the last 20 secs of the current bar (when a Woodies CCi pattern has...
  Custom Indicator  (1)
CodeGuru, Can you please help me with the code to read output from a custom indicator into a EA? Roets
  Automated Trendline Trader  (43   1 2 3 4 5)
MT4 EA creates, adjusts & uses trend lines to place & modify buy & sell stop orders. EA will place trades when triangle, wedge or parallel channel is formed by trendlines. Developed on IBFX bid based charts. Updates (bug fixes & modifications) posted to following link: Source Site Place "ZZ SR TL
Hi I was happy to use for a few days the ergodic indicator from the link bellow: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173131 Now, for a strange reason the ergodic indicator doesn't want to show on my chart. It takes "space" on it but no lines showing. Not only that I reloaded several times but I also...
Hello! I just recieved a new PDA for xmas - HP IPAQ RX1950 with Win Mobile 5 - I tried to install MT 4 mobile using both the PDA installer and the PC installer however once it is installed and i click on "try it" the application just closes and does not stay resident! I was wondering if anyone else...
When I run MT4 cpu usage is minimal, until I run my first backtest -- at which point it starts have 85%+ cpu utilitization. This continues until restart of the app -- even after the backtest has completed and I have closed the Strategy Tester.
What is the best way to include sockets in MT4 code? Do I need to write a DLL, or are there other soultions available?
I am using MT4 version 4 build 186. When I Sell 4 lots of a currency in one order at the same time, I can add a Stop to protect all of them either at the time of the order or by ammending it immediately after. What I want to do is then scale out of the posn by Buying back each Lot at sucessive lower...
  100 pips  (291   1 2 3 4 5 ... 29 30)
Hi, Happy new Year everyone. Can someone give me a snippet of code, that will delete a un-used buystop/sellstop order? For example, the ea I use, places a buystop order and a sellstop order, 10 pips away from the current price. If one of the orders(buy or sell stop) is filled, I want the other...
Shall Metaquotes add an Compliler option in destop edition Metaeditor? for example: When Compile the custom indicator in metaeditor. we can choose to compile it to a windows mobile version custom indicator, such as &quot;abc.mme&quot; (mobile metaquotes executive). and then we can transfer the...
ObjectCreate("link",OBJ_TREND,0,Time[1],PRICE1,Time[0],PRECE2); ... Because the parameter n used by Time[n] cannot be negative. so how can i shift the trendline object rigth to beyond the most recent bar?
I have indicator what sends signals. And I want to know how will I recive signals if my computer was turned off how then I can recive signals what was sent?? Example: I are off from home for 24 hours and when I am back then how will I get know what signals was sent by my indicator???
MT4 build pre187. InterbankFX feed. Feed disconnected and reconnected while charts are blank with only &quot;waiting for update&quot; on display. This seems to happen to Alpari as well lately. What's going on???
In the backtester, if I have more than 3 opened positions, the following code return always the OpenPrice of the first one, not the last one. Idem for OrderLots(). Is this a bug or some misunderstanding from my part ? Thanks for the help ! for(cnt = 0; cnt < OrdersTotal(); cnt ++) { if...
Hi Is there a way to stop an EA, like a 'stop' command? I see there is the IsStopped( ) function that looks if it is stopped. I want my EA to stop or 'switch off' if the last 3 trades have been losers. The method I plan to use is to put a static bool variable. Thanks