General - page 1632

What is the benchmark for curriency funds ?
Price hovering around long term support, to me it looks like MSFT is about to start its decline towards $10. Thoughts?
  I will try to ride my trades  (20   1 2)
Hi, In this thread I will try to talk and show the trade I take. I will put some pics when I think it will help me to understand why I get a hit or banked pips the wrong way. Account: XXXXXX Name: Henrik Ekenberg Currency: EUR 2009 January 28, 06:03 Closed Transactions: Ticket Open Time Type Size...
[Deleted]
Pair : GBPUSD TF : H1
Hi, Do the open-positions opened by an EA close when MT4 platform goes down? It seems the MetaQuotes MT4 platform keeps the positions even after shutting down. But I am not sure how the EA will manage this position now, since EA runs on the client(my computer). So basically, is it that its a...
Hi, Is it possible to use same EA on multiple currencies at the same time? Do I have to use a different magic number? Thanks. JForex.
A New Kind of FOMC by David Leal, Market Analyst - 01/27/2009 Today was the first of a two day FOMC meeting. This meeting is without a doubt very different from any that they have ever held. With interest rates at all but zero, it would seem that the normal topic of discussion has now become a...
Is it possible to use a moving average value as a trailing stop ? If yes how do I program that in to an Ea. I have a trailing stop at present that trails X amount (set by user) from the present price. I want to get the value of the MA which I can do. But if I just try and use this value as the...
  help please  (1)
i have found this free EA but i need help. I was wondering if anybody who knows how to program could put a no trade friday option in it. also different type of start and stop time filter . the start stop time works as long as it doesn't pass midnight which leads me to believe it needs a different
I am trying to backtest in Alpari and I only get 57% Model Quality. How do I get this up in the high 90s??? Do i need to switch brokers??? I am using the demo accounts. Will the live account backtesting be more accurate??
Has anyone authored a reference manaul? Is there a FAQ somewhere with common errors? I ran my EA in strategy tester and it ran fine. One of the things it does is open an order when RSI reaches a certain level i.e. 55%. However, on the same demo account it just sits there while RSI swings back...
I have an EA that works perfectly with other brokers, but I have been trying to demo on Broco Investment a Russian Broker. When I set Stop Loss or Take Profit the buy or sell order is always rejected and the reason is Sell Error :Invalid stops. It is the same whether I set them at 10 pips or 100...
  Hey everyone!  (2)
This is Laura, willing to share views on Forex !
Hey, I have a pretty simple question, is it good to use two indicators alike to be sure of a prediction? Say if I want to use Envelopes and Bollinger bands, is that unnecessary?
  Need Help  (16   1 2)
Hey buddies, I want to know where can I found the best information about FOREX market, who can help me?
  New In Market  (9)
Hello, mi name is Brian, well I heard a lot of things about FOREX, but I want to listen to an expert opinion to have an excellent vision of this market, and maybe invest on it.
  New In Forex  (27   1 2 3)
Well hello everyone, I want someone that helps me to know more about FOREX, because I have read a lot but I do not understand technical words yet.
Copy of my current chat with broker: Please wait for a site operator to respond. All operators are currently assisting others. Thanks for your patience. An operator will be with you shortly. You are now chatting with 'Client Services' Client Services: Hi, this is Dale. How may I help you? you:...
PARIS (Reuters) - The French state plans to inject 5 billion euros ($6.5 billion) into banks with the aim of financing airplane purchases to help European planemaker Airbus (EAD.PA), a French government source said on Sunday. "There is indeed a plan to lend 5 billion euros to the banks to finance...
Dear all First of all I am happy to join this forum and I want toshare with you my strategy As I told before we need to build strategy to make maximumprofit from the fx market I told before every one need fast decision to enter themarket some of us really good and almost not If have your own...
[Deleted]
  Self Adapting EA?  (10)
I came across a commercial EA (real expensive though) that claims can adapt to various market conditions. From the trades, I noticed that various TP, SL were used for different periods, and also varying risk:reward ratios (some 1:100 and some 3:1). How is this done? Does the EA optimizes itself
  Funds management  (1)
Hello. I want to offer funds management for investors in the Forex market. Account: 50 000 - 200 000 USD. Average profit per month: 5-10 % Max. drawndown: 20% Profit: account holder 65 %, trader 35%. 5-10% profit per month is a good result, I believe. I'm not after huge profits, the main issues...
  W1/MN periods  (2)
Why is W1 considered to be period 10080? This is based on a seven day week while the trading week itself is only period 7200 (5 days). I'm making a template using several period converter charts and a few instances of an MTF indicator. I just realized the 10080 and the 43200 period from MN are using...
It appears my broker doesn't know what Meta Trader Multiterminal is. Is there a source, somewhere?
Hello, I want to know if I HAVE THE MOBILE mt4, If i will be able to add indicators that I built ? Thanks A lot Haim
  Forex on Iphone  (9)
Forex On The Go is now beta testing an iPhone Forex application that includes full charting and trading functionality with any MT4 broker. it is built using standard web technologies, which will allow compatibility with most other touch screen devices that use a modern web browser. Users can enter...
EVERY platform in the world supports this. I have to manually go in and close out part of my order?? C'mon!! What's the answer to this?
[Deleted]
Let me try this again...The last time I got a bunch of links from helpful people....but they were for open trades... I want to break out the stats for each pair when I am testing many pair...I am doing this manually and it is time consuming....there must be a better way with MT4. ES
I work with two brokers and use to have both of the MT4 clients installed on XP. I migrated to Vista today and can't see able to make both work happily. One installed just fine and works. The second one asks me to update and doing so makes the application freeze. Additionally just one of them...
Hi i wonder if anybody has experienced this problem with MetaTrader. i am currently developing my own proprietry expert how ever with creating a custom RSI indicator with set timeframe within the expert time frame. i have developed my RSI with a predefined time frame as advised in the...