General - page 1798

Can someone please advise me on the following ? When using a moving average in an EA it can be described as iMA(NULL,0,5,0,MODE_EMA,PRICE_CLOSE ,0) How does one alter this code to give the same moving average but shifted either forward or backwards ? Many thanks for your kind assistance
I'm running In version 4 build 200. The S/L and T/P values in open trades are colored red and green when price is within 10 pips. BUT, if the "comments" column is visible, then the values do not get colored. They only get colored when the "comments" column is hidden. Can you please correct this...
I'm sucessfully using a manual method with constant probability. The method is more discretional, but in time I have made it totaly mechanical, because I defined the exact rules and I execute the trades like a robot now. So I thought if I do it like a robot, why not rather use a robot. Would be a...
I found this EA and am planning on demo with it, and possibly live, if the results be satisfactory... any comments? I emailed FXDD and they are okay with the way this EA works. thanks.
This small indicator called Super_Signals_v2 has been working great for me but just need an EA for it. Thank you
  XP Volume!  (19   1 2)
Hi there! a new indicator which I want to share and now your comments! the XP Volume! Hope to hear your comments!
Can someone code a trailing stop indicator in the style of the parabolic SAR. Modifying the existing code of the parabolic may be a shortcut to getting the idea working. So, if the condition is "long", then we want the stop moved to the midpoint of the lows of the two previous bars. the psuedo
Whenever I put the computer to sleep or shutdown, the offline charts that are using the period conversion script do not update. There is a large gap in the data. Is there a way to reload or refresh the data without closing all of the charts and reinstalling all of the indicators etc.?
Hello, I just downloaded Metatrader version 4 and would like help on how to set it up to my Metastock 8.0. I have already ticked off the "enable dde" but need steps on how to complete the rest of the steps. Essentially, I am only interested in forex, and only ONE pair. Also, does anybody know if...
Hello my forextsd friends! Im rather new round these parts but have been readng everything I can everyday. Thanks for all the hard work! Now on to my question. I am looking for an RSI alarm and popup for mt4. Something that will alert me when a 30, 40, 50, 60, and 70 line is being broken. But I also...
  Creating an EA  (6)
Hello, I just want to know, when I'm creating an EA I just use MetaEditor, then hit F5 to compile, correct? I have alot of reading to do this weekend to create my EA on the Indicator I have If it's that easy, besides knowing the code ofcourse, then why can you not modify an Indicator like the WSS...
  Mqldev  (14   1 2)
Hi! At the beginning I want to thank you all for this great forum! Very helpful people out there! Secondly, I'm working on FREE Expert Advisor Builder and want you all to share me with your ideas? What do you want to see in Online MQL4 Expert Builder? Wait your comments! Thanks mqldev
Hello everyone this is my first time trolling through this fourm, and I heard on another board that there might be a way to link an EA to the Economic Calender on this site.... Is this true? If so I have a few EA's that I would like to modify... If you dont mind helping me out I will share the...
On the website of the Automated Trading Championship 2006, the "Disqualification Report" has been published (http://championship.mql4.com/2006/news/88/). 15 Participants of the Championship were disqualified or eliminated. The most frequent reson for this was violation of Clause III.6 of the Rules...
  Fib Indicator  (2)
I am looking for a Fibo indicator that calculates the High And Low fib levels for a given period. It needs to work in an EA too..... Cant seem to find one... Thanks
  Script  (4)
What do script do ?
I thought that this would be a great topic for its own thread. (Bluto brought it up in another Thread.) Lets start with a couple of questions: 1. How do you manage your open positions? 2. How can this be improved? 3. What do you want from your open Position? 4. Can it be coded into an EA? 5. What is
I'm having problems compiling the following stochs/alert indicators within MT4 Can you test them? Are you also getting errors? any thoughts on correcting these errors so the indicators work?? thank you
I notice am i one of a few looking for stochastics with alerts the ones i found on this board don't seem to work after saving and compiling. If you have time please attach one that you have tested and works thanks so much
On the website of the Automated Trading Championship 2006, the Interview with Merab Sturua has been published (http://championship.mql4.com/2006/news/86/). Although his Expert Advisor is not in the Top Ten of the championship, Merab is a well-experienced trader. The Participant tells about Automated...
[Deleted]
This EA will be based off of the TSR Slope by Igor. I will share my tweaks with who builds it, since the S/L and T/P make all the difference. I have traded and tested this strategy for awhile and know there is alot more profit with an EA to trade overnight. Below are the perameters: Buy Bar Trend...
Hi back-testers, I am not sure do you face the same problem... I have followed thru the whole process on "how to obtain 90% modelling quality"... Delete acount, delete *.hst, download history data, 999999999999, import M1 data, convert into all the periods... And, i run some of the EAs and find...
I am using the following code to display the profit of my trades right on the chart: double accp = AccountProfit(); ObjectCreate("ap", OBJ_LABEL, 0, 0, 0); ObjectSetText("ap","Profit: $",14, "Arial Bold", White); ObjectSet("ap", OBJPROP_CORNER, 0); ObjectSet("ap", OBJPROP_XDISTANCE, 900);...
[Deleted]
Hi all. I've been trying to test the attached EA and keep on getting incredibly bizarre results (you'll know if you test it). They change with every broker and it seems that it may all be messed up because of MT4 build 200. The results I get are in some cases good profit, other cases, total loss...
  I need help  (1)
I am looking for expert adviros that would trade instead of me. Conditions: -SHORT: WHEN THIS BAR (1) IS CLOSED - IF THE FRACTAL IS ABOVE THE PREVIOUS BAR (2), AT THE OPENING OF THE NEXT BAR (3) GO SHORT! -LONG: WHEN THIS BAR (1) IS CLOSED - IF THE FRACTAL IS BELOW THE PREVIOUS BAR (2), AT...
Just wondering if this is possible, Is there any possible way to create EA that closes all open orders once a dot appears on chart? I would like to manually open all the orders so all I would want this ea to do is close all open orders once a dot appears, I only use one chart. Any way someone could...
  Funny  (9)
you guys are so funny You think that by using black boxes you will take money form those less than 10% traders who actually make money constantly. You are really optimists I read about hundereds and thousands of pips monthly. Well, it's really amusing. Don't you realise here how much time do you...
Hi ! I have a very profitable strategy and I need the best programer here to make an EA for me. I cannot easily explain WHY it works, but with the attached pic, it should be easy to make an EA : there are no indicators, only the price action...