General - page 1467

[Deleted]
Hello fxfisherman members hope you're all doing great, I just want to share with you guys this interesting article about "how to chose the best VPS". Hope it helps! How to choose the best VPS for Forex trading Most serious forex traders use a virtual server for their expert advisors, but not all...
Ok, I just daisy chained all my computers with Metaquotes5. Each computer has MT5 installed and I added the LAN. When I start to render my code she toggles off and on every few seconds. I can hear my Dell Workstations screaming loud slowly grinding higher in pitch then off we go back down again...
I have problem with testing strategies locally. For some reason local agents don't seem to respond. I get such infornmations in log: 2011.08.17 12:05:07 Core 1 disconnected 2011.08.17 12:05:07 Core 1 EURUSD: history synchronization completed [3337 Kb] 2011.08.17 12:05:07 Core 1 EURUSD
Hi all. I am not sure if this is the best place to post this but here goes... I've been on the lookout for a morning breakout system that I can trade as this fits in well with my trading window. I don't want to be looking at charts all day long so this time window suites me well. I've currently got...
Hi, Is there anyone could tell me how to have an exponential moving averages (EMA) attached to my chart. I am a beginner. Thanks lot.
  (HELP) Fractals  (3)
Is it possible for you to add time frame and alarm to the indicator named fractals ? thanks
  Stats Websites  (3)
Lately I have seen an autotrading website called FXStat which allows you to autotrade based on signal providers by linking your broker and trading platform. It is also a social trading network. I found out that they run a promotion that is paid forum posting (10 cents per post) as well wherein you...
  TradeATC class  (12   1 2)
Just a little modification Trade.mqh to make it easier to comply with the ATC rules. Since it's not checked and I'm not very good coder, will someone please help to check it out for it works or not. Those lines I added are marked with "/////////////////////////////" or between
Hi, I'm looking to set up two remote agents for backtesting to gain another 8 cores and I'm struggling a bit... I can't seem to find an actual guide for setting this up, I've found the article on it, but this doesn't explain setup. What do I need to do/install on the remote agents? What do I need to...
Hi to the Forum, I need help! I am trying to translate my MT4 code into MT5, and need some clues. I looked for a suitable replacement for OrderClose() but I'm just going round in circles! Could anyone help me replace the functions used in the code sample with the MT5 equivalent?  Thanks everyone......
Hi guys, I've converted mq4 to mq5, here is the code, however, I'm not able to make it work here is the final result, vertical lines indicating each hour. here is the original code //+------------------------------------------------------------------+//|...
Hi guys, I was thinking of using the profit or loss of the last trade as one of the conditions for buy and sell signals. I found out a way to get the profit/loss by using this function: AccountInfoDouble(ACCOUNT_BALANCE) and storing it in an array with 2 locations, one to store the past account...
Has anyone has some experience in Burton's Trading Squares by Mr. Trace Burton? Would like to have some idea what it is? Have found in the web that this was previously included in Fibonacci Trader but it seems it's no long part of the software. Thanks. Tiffany
The stoploss of a buy order can be modified many times after the order is open? Thanks to answer.
This is an interesting situation. My multicurrency Expert Advisor, unencumbered by any online retraining, does not fit into the 15 minute limit. I inserted a primitive profiler and surrounded my code calls with it. It turns out that my code works for only 1.5 minutes for a 16-minute test from the
Hello, can anyone tell me how to pass a char array to a DLL. Those articles can't help: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/1739/14654#comment_14654 https://www.mql5.com/en/articles/18 the situation: the DLL function is declared by: void __stdcall read_char_array(char* array,int arraysize); in...
Hello, Have problems to understand how MT5 works. If i place an (only one) MARKET_BUY_ORDER order, i get 1. a pending order with ticket A 2. a history order with ticket B and expiration time. In the trade tab, i can see an order but this order has no ticket In the history tab, i can see 2...
I have this situation: double findStuff(double target, TMyStruct &left, TMyStruct &right, TMyStruct &_solution, double err=0.0000001) {   TMyStruct cleft, cright;   cleft = left;    cright = right;      //...}  But it doesn't work, I get nasty values from functions to which I pass structure members...
Hello, I just started using MT5 and tried to use the EA's. In the Navigator there is the Expert Advisor folder with2 sub folders. One is labeled Advisors the other Examples. When I apply the EA from the folder Advisors it does not work. When I apply one from the folder Exmples it does. Why...
Hi. I meet a test requestion: test report can not  be saved to *.html .
Hi fellow trades. Just switched over from the mql4 board since i need a multicurrecy backtest. I have already written my strategy so that it can be backtested on one pair, now i was going to modify it for Multicurrency. I googled a bit and the solution found here seems good locking and logic:...
This is on recompilation of EA from previous build. CTableOrders *t=new CTableOrders(); Print("did not get here1"); if(!t.Add(Ticket,stop_loss,take_profit,magic)) { Print("The order addition has failed. Check order parameters ."); return(false); } Print("did not get
Hi all, let's say, i made multipe transaction below: Buy 500,000 AUDUSD at 1.03756 Buy 500,000 AUDUSD at 1.03726 Buy 1,000,000 AUDUSD at 1.03856 Buy 500,000 AUDUSD at 1.02362 Buy 100,000 AUDUSD at 1.00192 My total position is now: 2,600,000 . How can i calculate what average price for...
Quite Interesting Setups USDJPY BUY 77.05 SELL 78.70 USDCAD SELL 0.99350 BUY 0.97620 EURCAD SELL 1.40590 BUY 1.36970 AUDJPY BUY 78.69 SELL 80.40 EURCAD SELL 1.42860 BUY 1.40450 GBPCAD SELL 1.63450 BUY 1.59750
Hi, Some indicators like standard Macd (both signal line value and macd: value) and various custom indicators do not give "stable" results to vary prices but change whenever their values depending on the share price. (also happens with other financial platforms) When you use trading systems or Ea...
I have open position of 14.5 lots. When I close it by using PositionClose() method of trade class , it performs 3 deals, closing 5 lot, 5 lot and 4.5 lot. This must be because the maximum lot size is 5 lot. Thus it will make use of 3 opposite orders to close the position. This is fine with me. My
One of the biggest moments for the markets can come when there is a key news release or fresh fundamental data. Buyers and sellers seem to wrestle with the potential outcome, and in the case of larger announcements, volatility goes through the roof. The problem that I see some traders struggle with...
hi everyone!!! can you help me as state below... 1. can i get indicator that estimate long range and short range in real time..? plus have alert ringing for it... i like to use 30minutes.. market EURO/USD and USD/JPY and i use parabolic sar until now... 2. how can i know that my graph / trade...
  Experts  (1)
Newbie, here. Copied code from Dummies example. Have it loaded on my trading platform under Experts but it won't work. Can someone help me? Thank you
hi everyone!!! can you help me as state below... 1. can i get indicator that estimate long range and short range in real time..? plus have alert ringing for it... i like to use 30minutes.. market EURO/USD and USD/JPY and i use parabolic sar until now... 2. how can i know that my graph / trade...