General - page 1474

I tried to open a file: f=FileOpen("ranges.log",FILE_WRITE|FILE_CSV|FILE_ANSI,delimiter=','); but it throws error: 'delimiter' - undeclared identifier     test.mq5        716     73 It's the same if I delete...
I finished a dll, it can run under MT4, but cannot be run under MT5, what diff between mt4 and mt5 for dll? so strange
When looking at a 5 min EUR/USD chart , the volumes report figures between 200 and 600 typically. what do these numbers refer to? lots? thousands of dollars? Just so I have an idea. Thanks in advance
On 2011.06.06, the following was submitted to the Service Desk. As of today, 2011.06.09, no acknowledgement of request receipt or response to stated problem. Why? MT-5 Tester Backtest History Data Access Problem Errors, MetaTrader 5 MQL, Open, Start: 2011.06.06 16:40, #125732 Client Terminal...
Creating a support/resistance tunnel on the price congestion and trading on the break of this tunnel is a milestone of Forex trading discoveries.This trading system/approach needs no indicators and can be applied to any currency and traded in any time frame where coiling in a tight range is spotted...
Hi guys, I need help for a friend of a friend of mine. Before anything if you find the question stupid, it's fine just answer the question seriously. ~I DO NOT sell anything just need feedback.~ He has a super effective system and could get results way above average return per month with 1% per...
Hi Guys, Can you give an example how to use CiTime class in TimeSeries.mqh file to get open time of a bar? CiTime CiTime is a class designed for access to open times of the bars in the history. Description The CiTime class provides an access to open times of the bars in the history...
  I'm a new member..  (29   1 2 3)
Hello!! I'm Zephyr from Sydney, Australia and I'm 31 years of age. I'm a person who can easily mingle with other people even with different personalities. I love challenges coz it makes me eager to learn things. I'm also interested into forex trading and willing to help and introduce how to start
I am wondering what is the optimal hardware configuration for optimization purpose?Should I focus on processor or ram or others?
Hi, i have some problems working with files and am on the search for help. Please, will anyone explain how to use FILE_SHARE_READ&WRITE correctly? string subfolder="Trade"; filehandle=FileOpen(subfolder+"\\Active.csv",FILE_COMMON|FILE_SHARE_WRITE|FILE_SHARE_READ|FILE_CSV,',');...
Hi guys, I need your coding help. I have different open positions from different EAs with unique magic numbers. Now I want to let check every EA if the EA wants to open a new position to check if there is already an open position with a given magic number. How can help? Best regards
Is there any filter to find all of my post in the forum? Thanks.
I am talking about levels having their own color. Some other charting softwares have this really nice feature. I played with Ninjatrader and Gannanalyst a little. But honestly, these 2 programs are so cumbersome when it comes to study charts that are almost unusable. So I was wondering if...
[Deleted]
Is there available, or can someone please write me an MT4 indicator that... * Shows an up or down colored arrow on each currency pair chart (M15 - D1 timeframes but especially M15 and 1H) at point of a possible trend reversal which shows what the corresponding trend is moving through on next above...
I want to install kagi indicator,how to do it?
Hi, I'd like to propose creating options in indicators and EAs that also add a TP which triggers if a specified number of bars/candles has passed since entry. It could be used by itself or together with a pips based TP. My thinking was that many times if you wait till the open of say a 3rd or 4th...
Hopefully I am not missing anything obvious but for some reason the if block that I have in bold below is returning lots of error 4806 errors in strategy tester: Does anyone have any ideas what I'm doing wrong or why this kind of thing won't work in the strategy tester? thanks =================...
- Journal and Experts log files should be flushed on each new message (so as they can be viewed in real-time with a tail program). - In the ToolBox, in Trade tab -> adding an optional column for magic number. Also adding ability to change column position via dragging similar to all windows programs...
I've searched the forums for things like "mt4 mt5 compatibility", "mt4 terminal mt5 server", etc., and I am drawing blanks, so I'm going to ask what may seem to be a dumb question... I'm starting a new EA project (the current version of my last one is pushing 15k lines of mq4 code), and was going...
How to export " Trade History Report " by command line or MQL5 code
Im looking at testing out the Strategy and EA Centre at Harbour FX. Anyone used this broker?
If I have an open position and a stop loss event occured, how can I trap it? Do I have to use the OnTrade event?
Greetings to all. Here is UniversalMACrossEA modified by me for working with Adaptive Laguerre Filter. I'm sharing it ONLY to present the idea and I do not recomend trading LIVE with it. I have tested it but code of this EA should be revised by experts: in backtest, tester is removing and reloading...
Is it possiable to forbid viewing trading history and coping trades through investor account during trading hours?
Could someone list the brokers that support live trading on the MT5 platform? thanks in advance
  DLL deployment  (2)
Hello, assume you have a DLL written in C++ which you like to sell. Users can call exported functions. You provide an .mqh wich defines all exported functions. My question: Where to place .dll and .mqh from my setup routine. i'd like beware users from setup trouble so my installation routine...
  Tips  (1)
I've tried different company demos but still unsure of which broker I'd like to open an account for... any suggestions?
MXN/USD is currently in an uptrend. MXN/USD gain 0.3484% on 05/31/11 and a toal percentage of 0.9345% in the past 3 days MXN/USD is trading in the range of $0.0849 - $0.0869 in the past 30 days. Commodity Channel Index (CCI) is bullish for MXN/USD. MXN/USD formed a Last Engulfing Top signal...