Does the mql5 website have some kind of pixel or something so I can track who bought my products in the market in real time so I can run a sales campaign on Facebook or other social media?

Does the mql5 website have some kind of pixel or something so I can track who bought my products in the market in real time so I can run a sales campaign on Facebook or other social media?

Saullo De Oliveira Pacheco:

No

Your best bet is the statistics tab where you can see locations .

Then you can provide a text link inside the bought version of the product , i.e. if not in demo tester mode it is visible, so only those purchased see it .

You can have additional info there and set files and place your capture tools inside that website.

Saullo De Oliveira Pacheco: Does the mql5 website have some kind of pixel or something so I can track who bought my products in the market in real time so I can run a sales campaign on Facebook or other social media?

No! That would be a violation of the Market rules and could cause the termination of the service.

IV. Products

6. The Seller shall not collect users' personal data by means of Products or implement additional custom limitations on the functionality of MQL4/MQL5 applications.

IX. Termination of Service without Prior Notice in Case of Serious Violations of Terms of Use

5. The use of any third party software that intercepts, collects or otherwise gathers information included in Market service or transmitted through it.

Rules of Using the Market Service
Rules of Using the Market Service
  • www.mql5.com
General Provisions and Conditions of Use service Market

Lorentzos Roussos #: Then you can provide a text link inside the bought version of the product , i.e. if not in demo tester mode it is visible, so only those purchased see it .

It is somewhat unclear, but I believe that would be a violation of the rules:

IV. Products

3. The Product must not:

• guarantee, promise or hint at profits through the Product name, logo, screenshots or description;
  • contain words and expressions in superlative degree relating to Product features or the underlying concept;
  • present trading strategy backtest results as real trading results, whether expressly or implicitly;
  • contain links to external resources to be used as a description;
  • contain flashy/immodest titles of description sections or Product names;
  • use images of money or valuables in any form;
  • use any pictures of non-aesthetic nature as a Product icon or screenshots.
5. The Seller shall not integrate and apply any third-party sales, accounting, license control and update management systems (including the ones using WebRequest features) in Products.
9. The Product must not:
  • Include links to third-party resources. All necessary information should be provided on the mql5.com website: in the Product description, in comments or in the "Blogs" section.
  • Include links to Telegram-groups or other messengers for Product support. Product support must be provided via the Product comments section or via the mql5.com messaging system which supports group chats and channels.
  • Use intrusive features and ads. In particular:
    • Pop-up windows and alerts containing ads or unnecessary information at the program start;
    • Custom panels with links to third-party resources, broker affiliate links, etc.;
    • Comments on charts and text labels with sponsored links.

Trading blogs and financial markets analysis
Trading blogs and financial markets analysis
  • www.mql5.com
Read blogs to find the latest news on various topics from all over the world — rumors about companies, country and industry reports, market analysis, latest developments in speculative trading and more. Start your own blog to share new ideas and trading achievements with the members of MQL5.community. Post interesting images and videos, enjoy unlimited possibilities!

Fernando Carreiro #:

It is somewhat unclear, but I believe that would be a violation of the rules:

IV. Products

3. The Product must not:

• guarantee, promise or hint at profits through the Product name, logo, screenshots or description;
  • contain words and expressions in superlative degree relating to Product features or the underlying concept;
  • present trading strategy backtest results as real trading results, whether expressly or implicitly;
  • contain links to external resources to be used as a description;
  • contain flashy/immodest titles of description sections or Product names;
  • use images of money or valuables in any form;
  • use any pictures of non-aesthetic nature as a Product icon or screenshots.
5. The Seller shall not integrate and apply any third-party sales, accounting, license control and update management systems (including the ones using WebRequest features) in Products.

3.4 is for descriptions , OP would just enter an edit inside the chart with an optional link.

5.OP would not integrate anything , the capture occurs on his website if the user chooses to visit.If the user is registered on facebook he has already given consent to the capture.

Lorentzos Roussos #:3.4 is for descriptions , OP would just enter an edit inside the chart with an optional link. 5.OP would not integrate anything , the capture occurs on his website if the user chooses to visit.If the user is registered on facebook he has already given consent to the capture.
    I have updated my post. There was more.

Fernando Carreiro #:
    I have updated my post. There was more.

Touche . so without hindering product functionality and as an added extra : connection to your server , voluntary provision of their email via the chart , perks. Like the set files are available anyway on your product pages , but they can opt in to a notification when you update your set files . And forget indicators if you do that ,no web request .

So the best would be to self publish , but the second best would be to create a "gift" utility which : (the gift utility could be about auto-download and notifications for your product set files)

1. detects the presence of a bought product
    2. you hand it out to your clients , they are likely to ask themselves if you go and read some of the comment sections in the market
    3. it links out to your website OR they download it via your website with a code the purchased product creates 
    4. You do your capturing you violate no rules 

Additionally as Fernando pointed out 

• Custom panels with links to third-party resources, broker affiliate links, etc.;

So , a text link to your mql5.com private group where you give more info leading to your website leading to the capture page.

Problem solved

Edit : Also technically the term third-party means not mql5's and not your's , so i think your site would be allowed.From the viewpoint of the 2 parties being you and metaquotes , so a third party would be for instance telegram .

Lorentzos Roussos #: Additionally as Fernando pointed out 

So , a text link to your mql5.com private group where you give more info leading to your website leading to the capture page.

Problem solved

Edit : Also technically the term third-party means not mql5's and not your's , so i think your site would be allowed.From the viewpoint of the 2 parties being you and metaquotes , so a third party would be for instance telegram .

I have a suspicion that in this case, 3rd party would include ones own website, as it would be hosted on a 3rd party server and not on "mql5.com". Only MetaQuotes would be able to clarify.

However, I see so many rules violated by Market products, and being ignored by MetaQuotes, even when they are reported, that I think our conversation here, really has no relevance on what is actually practised.

Fernando Carreiro #:

I have a suspicion that in this case, 3rd party would include ones own website, as it would be hosted on a 3rd party server and not on "mql5.com". Only MetaQuotes would be able to clarify.

However, I see so many rules violated by Market products, and being ignored by MetaQuotes, even when they are reported, that I think our conversation here, really has no relevance on what is actually practised.

Yeah if by the "2 parties" they could also mean Metaquotes and the buyer . then yes

So true , i remember spending 2 weeks to alter my user interfaces ... for no reason. anyway (okay 1 week not 2)

I didn't read all the topic in details. But adding a link to the chart or product GUI is not allowed (please don't ask me the source, I just know it and don't remember from where).

You can use the #property link and also output a link in the Experts log. They are clickable (double-click in the log).

Reason: