MetaTrader 4 Build 183

MetaTrader 4 Build 183

New Version of MetaTrader 4 Client Terminal build 183 compatible with operational system of Windows 98 SE has been released. Updated are all installation files of client terminals of brokerage companies. All terminal users working in Windows 98 SE are recommended to reinstall the terminal manually using the new installation file.

The new build includes the following changes:
1. New version of the Alerts window, sizing being possible;
2. New dialog of the chart list to be called by Alt+W;
3. Periods of 60, 240, 1440 minutes can be specified in "Publisher";
4. The Properties window will appear when Text or Label objects are created;
5. Added functionality to call New order window by double clicking on the symbol in the "Popup Prices" window;
6. Added ability to use predefined profiles; when switching between accounts, the profile will be loaded the name of which corresponds precisely with the account number;
7. Fixed error consisting in the unnecessary recalling of the expert advisor after initialization;
8. In tester, when generating data, spread is checked whether it equals 0; if yes, the difference between the latest bids and asks will apply;
9. Permitted to download templates from any directory, not only from that of /templates;
10. At testing, if there are indicators in the tester.tpl template, these are these indicators that are output at the chart opening, and indicators used by the expert advisor under test will not be output;
11. In MQL4, added the HideTestIndicators() function with the help of which one can hide indicators completely or selectively when opening testing chart;
12. Modified dialog of changing passwords: the type of the password to be changed is explicitly specified;
13. Fixed error of impossibility to change password if the current account was authorized as an investor's one;
14. Fixed error of "trade context busy";
15. Fixed error of quotes buffering in DDE;
16. Added new modes in MarketInfo() function; more details can be found in the in-built Help of MetaEditor;
17. Added reading/modifying Fibo levels from expert advisors;
18. In the texts describing Fibo levels, one can specify macro %$ instead of which a corresponding price will be inserted;
19. When testing, a necessary amount of data only will be taken from History Center, not the complete bases anymore;
20. Added Bulgarian and Korean interfaces;
21. Added sorting of Account History;
22. Updated MetaEditor dictionary;
23. Fixed errors of news duplication and reading of empty news messages;
24. Simplified the window of custom indicator settings;
25. Fixed errors of "ping failed" occurring during trading;
26. Fixed error of deinitialization of custom indicator when changing symbol or period;
27. Fixed error of scale latchup;
28. Fixed error of SMTP authorization at some mailing servers;
29. Fixed erroneous rounding of swaps in the "Symbol properties" window;
30. Fixed saving the ray property in "Trend by angle" objects;
31. In MQL4, the FileSeek() function returns logical value "bool";
32. When testing, expert processes files in its own directory /tester/files;
33. Fixed errors according to crash logs.

I have installed the latest build and i am still getting the "trade context busy" error and other trade execution errors as well. could you look into this a bit further? Thanks

I'll second that.

I'm experiencing heavy occurrences of "trade context busy" across multiple brokers. It’s better in so far it doesn’t freeze the EA’s anymore and print 40 GIG logs….

At least part of the EA’s carries on working....

Also a problem is up to 161 attempted log-in’s in a single 12 hour period…

@zogg

I had this recently on the demo. It was fixed by rebooting the computer (my machine had an uptime of 30+ days).

Markus

Just a small tiny bug on the same build: When I placed a manual sell order with a comment as well, but after the order was shown on Trade's tab, the comment field was left blank! Small bug, but it would be great to resolve the issue for the next release.

Thanks,

///Frank

I'll second that.

I'm experiencing heavy occurrences of "trade context busy" across multiple brokers. It’s better in so far it doesn’t freeze the EA’s anymore and print 40 GIG logs….

At least part of the EA’s carries on working....

The "trade context busy" bug seems to have been created in build 183 for scripts. I rolled back to an older copy (build 182) and am not having the problem with scripts. I suggest rolling back to a previous build if you have one on another computer until a good fix comes out for this bug.

Thanks Shimodax...

My computer does run for 30+ without re-booting. I suppose I better make re-booting part of my weekly routine.

But this "tade context" error is driving me nuts. We've been battling it for months now and just can't seem to get rid of it, which is very frustrating. We're ready to go live with my EA's but this error is of major concern to us. It occurs so frequantly and has a very bad negtive effect on profitability.

Codegopher...

Thanks, I'll have a look...but I don't think I have an older copy.

Can everybody who is experiencing this trade context error just put up their hands please so we can see how serious this is.

Please mention if you're doing anything unusual that might be causing it.

1. I log into the same account from different computers (similtaniously) although only one has the expert running (one pc is in the office and acts as a server and we use 2 other pc's from our respective homes to the check in on the account performance or look for problems).
2. I have more than one copy of MT4 running, they are in different directories.

To try and identify the problem we've switched one copy off. I didn't help.

Can everybody who is experiencing this trade context error just put up their hands please

*lifts his hands up*

Very annoying. Especially since I check my trades with IsTradeAllowed(). The function comes back with a true, I trade and *booom* get a Tradecontextbusy-error.

@Zogg

I have not encountered these, but I have read in another thread here, that the error occurs when multiple experts want to trade at the same time. The user there said that he implemented some sort of semaphore (probably by creating/checking/setting a global variable that indicates that an expert instance is currently doing a trade).

Also, from the error message and the above (but purely guessing) I would say that this sounds like a temporary error, so putting the order function into a loop and retrying after a delay of a few seconds might also cure the problem. Something like this:

int res= 0;
   do {

res= OrderSend(....);
       if (res==xxx) 
           Sleep(2500);
   } while (res==xxx);

// use global variable as semaphore

// wait until nobody else trades
     while (GlobalVariableCheck("InTrade")) {
          Sleep(1000);
     }

GlobalVariableSet("InTrade", 1);  // set lock indicator
     res= OrderSend(....);
     GlobalVariableDel("InTrade");   // clear lock indicator

Markus

Shimodax,

Thanks for the help.

What I couldn't understand is why the error suddenly started. It's been running fine for weeks on end. It's a very well tested piece of code.

So today I watched my stops updating and they caused the error. I then used a different pc and ran the same program(the original in fact) on the same account.

No problem suddenly.

I can only surmize I need to recompile the expert on the pc causing the problems. Something must have corrupted it...
Reason: