2005.08.15 23:48:54 Old tick EURJPY30 134.8800/134.9200
2005.08.15 23:48:54 Old tick EURUSD30 1.2333/1.2335
2005.08.15 23:48:54 Old tick GBPCHF30 2.2731/2.2739
2005.08.15 23:48:54 Old tick GBPUSD30 1.8066/1.8070
2005.08.15 23:48:54 Old tick NZDUSD30 0.7049/0.7054
2005.08.15 23:48:54 Old tick USDCAD30 1.2034/1.2039
2005.08.15 23:48:54 Old tick USDCHF30 1.2582/1.2586
2005.08.15 23:48:54 Old tick USDJPY30 109.3500/109.3800

What does this mean?? It is from journal of demo account.
I searched through forum but could find no answer.

some internal error. don't mention it

hmmm, that doens't seem like an adequate answer when the program in question is dealing with large sums of money. I'm begining to get a little scared here.

ok. how can help You "adequate answer"?

hmmm, that doens't seem like an adequate answer when the program in question is dealing with large sums of money. I'm begining to get a little scared here

honestly, if you are worried to loose large sums of money, forex is a bad playground for you, GT. If it is not "old ticks" than it is anything between your girlfriend switching on her damn hairdrier, a dog peeing on one backbone between you and your isp/broker, a revolution in some middle african republic or Greenspans unexpected comments on the US economy which is goind to eat your money.

BTW: Slawa, No offense but you are the first guy I know who writes in a way, that I hear your russian accent :-).

What, are you serious?

fukinagashi,
If I can identify the problem/risk than I can take action to avoid it. Don't tell me if I'm woried about losing large sums of money I shouldn't be in trading. How long have you been trading? I'm not worried about the markets, I'm worried about my software screwing up and that causing me to lose money. I know my risks and take those into acount. When I have "some internal" error that the company won't define for me, that introduces risk that I can not account for...smart guy.

And Slawa, an adequate answer would be you telling me what causes the error, what the error actually is, what the results of the error are, and how I can avoid them in the future.

I mean are you serious? Everybody wants to be a tough guy.

if You want get answer then ask questions in details. first, what the server? if there was our server then don't mention - we do not provide real accounts. in other case ask question Your broker
second, what the server settings, what the version of the DataCenter do You use. You tell nothing about your problems and want adequate answer

Slawa :
if You want get answer then ask questions in details. first, what the server? if there was our server then don't mention - we do not provide real accounts. in other case ask question Your broker
second, what the server settings, what the version of the DataCenter do You use. You tell nothing about your problems and want adequate answer

i am getting this "old tick" problem while trying to use a EA with MT4 (broker Nordmarkets), any idea how to fix it? (please, dont answer that it is just a "internal error, dont mention it")

fukinagashi :
hmmm, that doens't seem like an adequate answer when the program in question is dealing with large sums of money. I'm begining to get a little scared here

honestly, if you are worried to loose large sums of money, forex is a bad playground for you, GT. If it is not "old ticks" than it is anything between your girlfriend switching on her damn hairdrier, a dog peeing on one backbone between you and your isp/broker, a revolution in some middle african republic or Greenspans unexpected comments on the US economy which is goind to eat your money.

BTW: Slawa, No offense but you are the first guy I know who writes in a way, that I hear your russian accent :-).

Get dedicated server to run your system and forget MT4 if you are trading serious money!!

All of the answers on here sucks especially from the moderator who

should know Metaquotes language and instances much better.

Old Tick is Old Tick, what other detailed question do you need?

Some internal error? Explain the error in detail? No other

detailed question is necessary... it is and Old Tick error.

Old tick means that the price for a currency pair, by the time the price reached your

VPS/trading station it was too “old” to consider. This is a problem with the broker where

their server is too slow (or overloaded). Please consult with your broker. This ‘old tick’

message usually happen when their server on maintenance .

Simply, Old Tick is an old price... we have all seen instances where MT4 server hiccups,

slows down, or just stops... the feed from your broker server is slow or their server

was down for a bit, or is just very slow and unreliable or just plainly overloaded.

This is especially the case with most brokers' demo servers. It means when the

price left their server and arrived on your computer's MT4 platform, it was too

old. You should also notice that in the log you probably notice a lot of login

notice as well. Getting a dedicated server has nothing to do with getting an

Old Tick error. It has to do with your broker's server, not your end.

This is absolutely correct. I have seen it happen also when a broker on a live account has accidentally set the date forward by a couple of days. Then when they restored the date, all ticks were discarded by the client as old Ticks. This would have continued for a couple of date until the true date overtook the temporary false date, had we not rebuilt our client platforms.

CB

Reason: