New MetaTrader 4 Client Terminal 387 and MetaTrader 4 Data Center build 387

MetaTrader 4 Client Terminal Build 387

1. Terminal: Fixed operation of the client terminal via a proxy server.
  2. Terminal: Fixed calculation of the quote counter when calculating custom indicators.
  3. Terminal: Fixed display of income in currency of instrument profit.
  4. Terminal: Fixed accounting of a credit when generating a trade report.
  5. Terminal: Added "NNN more scripts" commands in the Navigator section.
  6. Terminal: Added initialization of buffers for custom indicators when reading history data again.
  7. Tester: Added deinitialization of custom indicators used by an Expert Advisor under test.
  8. MetaEditor: Fixed operation of MQL4.com through a proxy server.
  9. Fixed forum postings and crashes.

Download the MetaTrader 4 client terminal from the following link: http://files.metatrader4.com/mt4setup.exe

MetaTrader 4 DataCenter Build 387

1. Fixed output of ticks to client terminals on a fast price flow.
  2. All server components were built using SSE2 command set (Pentium 4 and higher), which resulted in significant performance increase.
  3. Removed support for proxy operation, as it was slowing down the operation, which is unacceptable for DataCenter.
  4. Expanded the number of displayed IP addresses available for datacenter setup.
  5. Fixed messages on the forum and the crests.

Download MetaTrader 4 DataCenter from: http: //files.metatrader4.com/mtdcsetup.exe, the live update is available via LiveUpdate .

Please note! If you use your own datacenters, we strongly recommend that you manually update to the new 387 build.

Alexander:

1. Terminal: Fixed calculation of the quote counter when calculating custom indicators.

2. Terminal: Added initialization of buffers for custom indicators when re-reading historical data.

3. Corrected forum messages and crests.

Could you be a little more specific?

Alexander:

Terminal: Added initialization of buffers for custom indicators when re-reading historical data.

This item is of particular interest. How did the error that was fixed in this item manifest itself?

And I wonder why so many builds are missing, from build 229 to 387 at once..... Where are the intermediate ones, do experts and indicators need to be recompiled for the new build?

Why are you interested in the details - how did the fixed errors manifest themselves?

The point is that previously created programs corrected situations that were caused by errors in the terminal.

It was easier to do this than to try to explain that the terminal makes mistakes. The more so that some errors were not disputed by the developers, but, to put it bluntly, were ignored due to the creation of Metatrader version 5.

Now the errors of the terminal have been corrected. It is logical to refuse to fix the errors in the codes of created indicators. This will save some CPU time, even a little. And in the future it won't be necessary to spend efforts on fixing of the corrected errors of the terminal in the code of new indicators and Expert Advisors.

nen:

This point in particular is of interest. How did the error manifest itself that was fixed in this item?

Two errors I described in the service desk, one took up 3 pages...

some information here: https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/2909/page2#comment_42005

and maybe this one: https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/131128

will check next week.....

Zhunko:

"We can only dream..." :-(

My AIASM complex is not working on 387 build.

Going through the fixes again... :-(

Figured out why complex does not work. Goodbye optimization :-(

Now I have to replenish buffers on every tick. Took care of it...

Alexander:

1. Terminal: Fixed operation of a client terminal through a proxy server.
  2. Terminal: Fixed calculation of the quote counter when calculating custom indicators.
  3. Terminal: Fixed display of profits in an instrument's currency of profit.
  4. Terminal: Fixed accounting of credit when forming a trade report.
  5. Terminal: Added "NNN more scripts" commands in the Navigator section.
  6. Terminal: Added initialization of buffers for custom indicators when reading history data again.
  7. Testert: Added deinitialization of custom indicators used by an Expert Advisor under test.
  8. MetaEditor: Fixed operation of MQL4.com through a proxy server.
  9. Fixed forum postings and crash logs.

Download the MetaTrader 4 client terminal from the following link: http://files.metatrader4.com/mt4setup.exe

No change - no initialisation! At least think about it!

I do not read historical data in buffers. I only use them for vertical sweep in subwindow. Why do I need to fill them all the time? There are only three occasions when they need to be overwritten (first run, zoom, chart shift). As it is, MT4 can hardly move, and there is one more brake.

That's great! The developers haven't given up on the fourth, but are supporting it and even refining it. This is simply evidenced by the build number 387!

The last one I saw was 229. And immediately 387 (maybe the coprocessor connected? Huh...)! Cool!

The main thing is to respect the main commandment of the surgeon-programmer - "Do no harm!

P.S. E....x. We're all about to be pushed from a four to a five. The same way they put us from a three to a crude four. Fucking...

That's just it. I'll see how it works tomorrow, after updating the terminal from the DC. If everything is as Vadim wrote, then... there is more than just optimisation to go bye-bye. Probably we will have to add some extra code to fill the buffer. And it will have to be done in all indicators.... And their immeasurable quantity is spread through forums.

Now the buffer is recalculated only on the last section.

On the good side, it's not the buffer that needs to be re-initialised, but looking for where the errors occur when the history is swapped. And this shifts the "buffer" data on the chart.

Otherwise... Where there are now several dozens of indicators on the charts connected and yet the computer doesn't hang, there will be a complete computer hang on the fast, and not only fast, market.

This point requires clarification by the developers.

I had a hunch that this place was booby-trapped. That's why I asked about this point of innovation...

With this approach no paid developments based on Metatrader should ever be mentioned. My clients would just kill me for such glitches... That's why I've always rejected suggestions of paid developments.

f.t.:

If you can elaborate a bit more: what does "initialise" mean and what does "refill buffers" mean?

Does it mean that with every tick the contents of buffers are reset to EMPTY_VALUE and must be re-filled for the whole array?

Exactly. I've filled the buffer for each tick. The problem disappeared.

And the tick was emulated by chart update.

The good news is that buffer reinitialisation should only be done when swapping out a missing history.

Reason: