New trader first post

Hi,

I have been playing poker for about 5 years online and have decided to quit and move my bankroll into the forex market.

I have been studying a system and need some help filling in the gaps.

I found some great indicators here and was hoping that there were more here and I have just not been able to find them. I know they exist because I could purchase them but at a cost of about $500 so I am trying to see what I can find first.

I have found an indicator found "stochastic alert" and I like it. I am looking to add divergence to it somehow.

I have found "OsMACD_M" also excellent. I want to add divergence to it as well.

Found pivot points and high low here as well....very nice.

Looking for a wave counter as well. This is not a subjective wave counter and not really elliot wave but one that counts cycle waves. If stocastic D% has been above or below 50% and closes on the opposite side it would indicate a half cycle, when it crosses back again the cycle would be complete and if a higher high or lower lower is made then it would count a wave. The cycle would restart when the 50sma goes flat or changes trend and the wave count starts over again.

It is not hard to count manually so I dont care about that but if it could come with an alert then we have something.

Looking for a macd wave counter as well but it is more subjective so maybe not. It would just start counting when macd has maxed out either on the top or bottom and completes when it trends the other way.Great for reversals when combined with divergence. (so Im told)

I can read the charts ok when Im watching but wondered how I could set this up to alerts or to auto trade? I see people talking about it but have no idea how it works.

I can give out more details on how I would set things up for the trade but I will wait to see if it is possible first.

Lastly I am using FXDD as my demo account and want to take 3 profit points. I have no idea how to do this and have tried to modify trades several times without success. Support has not responded to me from the site yet so I thought someone here might know.

Sorry for my long post and sorry if I dont make a lot of sense. I dont know much of the trade lingo and such and have only looked at this stuff for a month or so.

Thanks

daikusan:
Hi, I have been playing poker for about 5 years online and have decided to quit and move my bankroll into the forex market. I have been studying a system and need some help filling in the gaps. I found some great indicators here and was hoping that there were more here and I have just not been able to find them. I know they exist because I could purchase them but at a cost of about $500 so I am trying to see what I can find first. I have found an indicator found "stochastic alert" and I like it. I am looking to add divergence to it somehow. I have found "OsMACD_M" also excellent. I want to add divergence to it as well. Found pivot points and high low here as well....very nice. Looking for a wave counter as well. This is not a subjective wave counter and not really elliot wave but one that counts cycle waves. If stocastic D% has been above or below 50% and closes on the opposite side it would indicate a half cycle, when it crosses back again the cycle would be complete and if a higher high or lower lower is made then it would count a wave. The cycle would restart when the 50sma goes flat or changes trend and the wave count starts over again. It is not hard to count manually so I dont care about that but if it could come with an alert then we have something. Looking for a macd wave counter as well but it is more subjective so maybe not. It would just start counting when macd has maxed out either on the top or bottom and completes when it trends the other way.Great for reversals when combined with divergence. (so Im told) I can read the charts ok when Im watching but wondered how I could set this up to alerts or to auto trade? I see people talking about it but have no idea how it works. I can give out more details on how I would set things up for the trade but I will wait to see if it is possible first. Lastly I am using FXDD as my demo account and want to take 3 profit points. I have no idea how to do this and have tried to modify trades several times without success. Support has not responded to me from the site yet so I thought someone here might know. Sorry for my long post and sorry if I dont make a lot of sense. I dont know much of the trade lingo and such and have only looked at this stuff for a month or so. Thanks

I think it best that you log in to your demo metatrader account press F4 [a new application will come up called ''meta editor''] check below for online library of experts and indicators or go to the mql site stated there... but I think it'll take longer than a few months to really know what forex is about, good luck though

Your post was a little extended to quote over and over but my advice is to forget all those indicators. They all give very similar results anyway and only serve to clutter up your charts.

Instead study price action alone preferably with candlestick charts for a month or so. You'll learn much more.

You will hear a lot of contradictory theories till you really decide what works for you. You will be the one to decide it. It depends how you want to trade.

I like indicators and I use some of them for my trading. I know other traders that use other indicators that I don't really like. I can not imagine trading without indicators. It will really be like betting on Red or Black

I never played poker for money, so I can not know what it takes to be profitable in poker, but I know that it takes a long time and hard work to be profitable in Forex.

I will give you one advice that I consider very important: Spend time instead of money in the beginning!

Once you have a good system, you can pay a programmer and create an EA for autotrading your system.

Keep educating yourself and keep asking questions everywhere.

"Spend time instead of money in the beginning!"

I will remember it for whole my live)))

Thanks!

In MT4 you can go to Navigator - Expert advisers and make a double click on one of them and it will work. You can also allow EA to trade without manual confirmation but it could be dangerous.

Hi,

interesting story. Why did you quite poker and decided to try forex? I think forex is much more without control although it is a lot about psychology too

hi guy....this story very well. it will to be sense extreme for everybody,.,,who is newbie in forex maket....

thank for you very much!

If you are new in forex trading then you should learn more and more about it, trading strategies, indicators, signals. Starting with demo account would be a good decision.

Epic thread resurrection

Paul75:
If you are new in forex trading then you should learn more and more about it, trading strategies, indicators, signals. Starting with demo account would be a good decision.

Wow, Thanks for sharing paul.

Reason: