Any difference between Demo account and live account?

Hi All,

Mind to share your experience here, what the difference between Live and Demo account others that Live account we are trading using real money to place a trade where demo account we are using "fake". What i am tring to ask,is there any disadvantages when testing a EA using Demo account? Any information we may not get using the Demo account? Thanks

Prices feeds can be different, features may be different, execution time may be different.

Also demo platform are sometimes used a prototype and tested on user before having some of their feautres go live.

You are not taken in book when you deal on demo (what would be the point anyway ?) which means that you will never experience unethical behavior from your broker on demo.

Probably the rejects and requotes are inexistant, although on live system they are real.

Hope that helps,

regards,

Thnaks Forex Master. This info indeed a good one. Any advice if i am using demo account from Forex.com to run some forward testing for a EA?

forexhouse:
Thnaks Forex Master. This info indeed a good one. Any advice if i am using demo account from Forex.com to run some forward testing for a EA?

if your EA is trading small amounts I would recommend a broker using Meta Trader. Alpari must probably be one of the most reliable ones. I have also tried VT trader from cmsfx, they looked quite clean I must say.

I don't know If I can really recommend forex dot com, they are really too much retail oriented, and I guess their customer service must be minimal (due to the fact that they must have a gigantic client base)

But to be honest I never made the jump and plugged one of my models on live, so maybe some else should advise on that. Just be aware that we are speaking about retail brokers here, they will most probably cut out your system if winning money consistently anyway. To be on the safe side you should look for a pure broker or a ECN, but you need some cash to do that.

forexhouse:
Hi All, Mind to share your experience here, what the difference between Live and Demo account others that Live account we are trading using real money to place a trade where demo account we are using "fake". What i am tring to ask,is there any disadvantages when testing a EA using Demo account? Any information we may not get using the Demo account? Thanks

Using demo account you don't get "requote" when want to open order. Using real account you often get "requotes", because broker considers the change of moving and inform you.

The servers are most likely not going to be the same for demo and real accounts. And you will probably not get the same amount of requotes, if any, that you would get off a real account.

The demo accounts simply lets you type in any amount in MT4 / MT5. However, if you plan to go for real, just type the exact amount in the demo, so that you would feel, what to be in the real world.

In Demo Account you don't have to spend real money, You can trade with virtual money and vice a versa in Live account..

Dear Forex Traders

I hope all of you are fine and keeping good health.

Below are my findings on the

topic "Difference between Demo account and live account"

I am assuming that you are using Expert Advisor for the sake of

doing trading (as mentioned in your first post)

In demo or Virtual trading account you get the following

with respect to trade and execution

1/- No Re-quote

2/- No Slippage

3/- No Please wait message

4/- In short instant and seamless trade execution

5/- Low spreads

6/- No stop loss hunting

7/- No 500 pips false spike for the sole purpose to take your stop out.

8/- What you see is what you get!!!

9/- Trading software do not freeze at news release time

10/- No disconnection or server error

Now things become very different. I mean not just little different

but Vverrrrrryyyyyyyyyyyyy different with Live account with most bad brokers and market makers.

Of course there are some good brokers and market makers as well.

I would suggest you to open a micro lot Forex account with different

brokers and test them with your E.A using micro lots.

Nothing beats first hand knowledge!

I hope it helps

Kind regards,

-Muhammad Azeem

Free Elliott Wave Newsletter via email - Daily!

=======================================

Demo account offer new trader the opportunity practice forex trading without any risk to their capital.

Hello Again,

Market opened on Sunday (19-June-2010) at 2PM EST with a gap in

EUR/USD currency pair and it takes out my stop loss in both demo and live

Forex trading accounts.

I got a slippage of 10 pips in a real account

but there is no slippage in a demo account!

I hope you got the idea!

Kind regards,

-Muhammad Azeem

https://www.mql5.com/go?link=http://readyforex.com/Forex-Market-Forecast.php

=======================================

Reason: