SIMPLE-MACD-EA : An extremely simple EA based on 2 channels of MACD. Try it!

Hi again folks.

After working hard on the pivotmagic EA (which is getting popular every day), I found that simpler mechanisms are probably better for profit in the long run. I therefore developed an extremely extremely simple system based on 2 MACDs:

MACD1 is to identify the entry point: When the MACD moves from - to + do a buy and if it goes from + to - go do a sell. The fast and slow MAs are 1 point apart and should be quite high (250+)

MACD2 is to get the exit point: It's fast MA is always 100 but the slow one is the one used for MACD1. Once the value reaches the peak during the first cycle if it is a buy or a pit during the first cycle if it is a sell, then close the deal with profit. If the state is not profitable, just leave it.

In case MACD2 didn't produce profit, wait for a specific period (wait_time_b4_SL) and then exit with the least loss possible.

Check the code and you'll understand how this one works. The paramenters are good in default for EURUSD M5 charts. But you can always check other values, particularly MACD values.

Attached is also a test result for EURUSD during (4/7-6/26 2005). Really impressive!

Good testing for you all... and please update me with progress!

Attached is the source code. Please post comments/results when possible!

i_me

I try it

I try your strategy, but my result is differenet. I attach you strategy tester, can you help me to use SIMPLE-MACD correctly ?

thank you

giapel

good results in demo account

I have been trying this ea with good results in demo account

pairs are EUROUSD and USDCHF M5 and M15

MACD level is 300 for EUROUSD and 500 for USDCHF and trailing stop 15 for both

see statements from 2006-06-27 up to today

I wish more people would test this ea and improve it

Keep up good work Investor_me

Files:

For rarango

Could you please post your settings as well as what your broker's server time is. I'd like to set this one up ad run it on a demo acct for a bit myself and post the results. I'm on IBFX.

Thanks

Hi,

please find preset files attached.

I am using FXDD. server time is gmt +3 I think

Files:

Does this EA not trade during certain times of the day? I'm testing on IBFX which is GMT+0.

investor_me:
Hi again folks.

After working hard on the pivotmagic EA (which is getting popular every day), I found that simpler mechanisms are probably better for profit in the long run. I therefore developed an extremely extremely simple system based on 2 MACDs:

MACD1 is to identify the entry point: When the MACD moves from - to + do a buy and if it goes from + to - go do a sell. The fast and slow MAs are 1 point apart and should be quite high (250+)

MACD2 is to get the exit point: It's fast MA is always 100 but the slow one is the one used for MACD1. Once the value reaches the peak during the first cycle if it is a buy or a pit during the first cycle if it is a sell, then close the deal with profit. If the state is not profitable, just leave it.

In case MACD2 didn't produce profit, wait for a specific period (wait_time_b4_SL) and then exit with the least loss possible.

Check the code and you'll understand how this one works. The paramenters are good in default for EURUSD M5 charts. But you can always check other values, particularly MACD values.

Attached is also a test result for EURUSD during (4/7-6/26 2005). Really impressive!

Good testing for you all... and please update me with progress!

Attached is the source code. Please post comments/results when possible!

i_me

well the report really look very impressive but as i download and tested on a stretch of 12 mth span with the history data from alpari-idc the result is as follow

Bars in test 149066

Ticks modelled 1334564

Modelling quality 90.00%

Initial deposit 10000.00

Total net profit 10739.92

Gross profit 49189.92

Gross loss -38450.00

Profit factor 1.28

Expected payoff 45.70

Absolute drawdown 1440.03

Maximal drawdown 5290.00 (31.01%)

Relative drawdown 31.01% (5290.00)

Total trades 235

Short positions (won %) 117 (86.32%)

Long positions (won %) 118 (82.20%)

Profit trades (% of total) 198 (84.26%)

Loss trades (% of total) 37 (15.74%)

Largest

profit trade 1300.00

loss trade -2570.00

Average

profit trade 248.43

loss trade -1039.19

Maximum

consecutive wins (profit in money) 26 (8160.00)

consecutive losses (loss in money) 4 (-4260.01)

Maximal

consecutive profit (count of wins) 8160.00 (26)

consecutive loss (count of losses) -4260.01 (4)

Average

consecutive wins 6

consecutive losses 1

Files:

However from about April 07, 2006 till the report with Forward Testing by Rarango the profit's with StrategyTester appear extremely profitable, don't know why the results are not good prior to that, but in my opinion the EA deserves forward testing and maybe should be looked over again by the developer Investor Me. Does not appear to be curved fitted to prior back data.

nice idea - thanks for sharing !

while backtesting i figured out there are some BIG losses - checked the code - found you have NO initial STOP LOSS - would you trade a system without a s/l in real life ?

i have added various s/l and found this will eat up any performance :-/

Ok, now I am confused! If this EA has no stop loss whatsoever, why is the EA report showing a S/L on most of the positions on the statement posted? Are you saying that No Stop Loss is with this method and that the Stops were put in manually on that report?

txsundevil:
Ok, now I am confused! If this EA has no stop loss whatsoever, why is the EA report showing a S/L on most of the positions on the statement posted? Are you saying that No Stop Loss is with this method and that the Stops were put in manually on that report?

There seems to be a wait time before the stop loss is enabled. By default, it's set at 10000. I'm not sure if that's seconds, or minutes, or ticks, or whatever. Something like that definitely will perform differently on the backtest. You could see on the backtests that investor_me provided, this EA did not have a losing trade.

Reason: