MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 932

I keep getting the error when closing out part of the lots of a trade and cannot seem to fix it, any ideas? It does not perform order modify on the sell order either which is strange! void BreakEven1(){ if (BreakEvenType==1){    double lots = 0;    double takeprofit = 0;    for (int...
I mean when I execute script, "close" for example, it never run well, and I get the information as below:   I want to know why and how i can use script usually? Thank you! 
[Deleted]
hi i am new to automated trading domain and mql and trying to mirror moving average indicator by following code , but its not working. kindly can anyone spot the problem so that i could fix it  thanks //+------------------------------------------------------------------+...
i have some data - during backtesting - where the bar flicks up - and the trade is closed but then when the bar is finished the high of the bar does not include that upthrust. It appears to have closed independant of the data , but in actual fact the bar did go that high. Is this something that is...
Hi, i have this code and i need your help please: I have attached the file The SpreadLimit is 4... how can i modify spread limie? From where? please ... i need to modify to 5 <DECOMPILED CODE REMOVED >
I have two questions about MQL4 as below: 1. what is the difference between "Expert Advisors" and "Scripts" in MQL4. I mean that I write a unit of program code--"x",when I put "x" in "start()" of Expert Advisor, the code work well; but when I put it in "start()" of Scripts, it never works, and MT4...
When the Buy criteria is meet a Market order is trigered and the Market orders SL and TP is added. Then a BuyStop pending order is placed . The BuyStop pending order should also have the stop loss modified  as soon as it is placed but it doesn't modify after it is placed. i can't see where in the...
Hi, I need to test my EA with the "Each Tick" metod on UK100 (with a float account). In History Center, under Indices FL / UK100 / M1, I can see the Database starting from 17 Oct 2012 until today. But when I use the Tester to test my EA for UK100 in the period of database, only first data in
Hello I'd be very grateful for a little assistance.  I can't work out why this little bit of script doesn't work: double v1=AccountFreeMargin()*(RPC/100);double v2=ABC*AccountLeverage();double v3=(v1/v2); Where: RPC = 1 ABC=20  I'm sure its something simple that I just haven't been able to find (eg....
I have developed the  an application in C#.net with textbox and send button . when user click on button then textbox value sends to the MT4 terminal for processing . Similarly how we can get the data from MT 4 to text box of my application ? Please Help me out?  If any one have the little running...
Just as the subject states, I can't figure out how to display the current read value of an iCustom indicator on my EA. Can someone please show me a sample piece of code? I've searched everywhere and can't find out how to do this.
Hello, I'd appreciate if anyone can help me locate a simple Automatic Trading App that would allow me to place automatic orders (Buy/Sell) based on pips movement (either +/-).  I was trying to search through the Available EA's with no luck. Thanks in advance, Yisro.
hello guys,  I've subscribed a few signals. Corresponding to the signals the trades gets opened. But the trades do not get closed, instead a popup is received saying that please see the attached image (dialog).   Please let me know how to allow my account to just follow the signal in all cases,...
[Deleted]
  Curly brace OCD  (5)
Why do people do this void foo(){ stuff...} instead of this? void foo(){ stuff...}
i want to know how well the classic quantitative investing method run ,such as wavelet analasis, neural network , random process and so on. I mean these methods refer to many complated math formula and i doubt their effects, but i don;t use them until now, so now i want to get some advice about them
Hi, I'm an experienced developer attempting to use MT4 with an external DLL for the first time. Following the excellent instructions here http://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=333471 I have been able to compile and install the ExpertSample DLL that ships with MT4. Unfortunately any attempts...
  OrderSend trouble on Oanda  (11   1 2)
I'm moving my MT4 to Oanda but having trouble placing orders (OrderSend). I've read through the various threads here and I still can't seem to find a solution. Of course Oanda can not provide technical support MT4. But Oanda says they do support EAs on MT4. What do you think I'm doing wrong? Here
Can I import the data from url like this " http://in.finance.yahoo.com/q?s=USDINR=X " ? I need USDINR current-market-price value in a calculation. Or can you suggest any other method to get the data
I mean whether there is a function in MQL4 to do this? if there is, shall I know which function? Thank u! 
[Deleted]
Hi guys. I create another cause this subject is not same. Tell me if i have to upgrade the another. So, I want to know how count the number of opened positions like OrderSend is excuted, count=1, if a second same OrderSend is exeuted, count=2, etc. And how to write: if( count==X)   Stop open...
MetaTrader 4 Client Terminal build 451 Terminal: Fixed calculation of price field width in Market Watch tick charts and trading dialog when using large system font. Terminal: Added account leverage in all reports of the client terminal.Terminal: Fixed handling of alerts in the form of Push...
  Stop Loss Hit  (1)
Is there any way to know in my EA whether yh  the sl which was set in the OrderSend() or Orderodify  OrderModdify() comand was hit?
New article MQL5 Cookbook: Using Different Print Modes is published at mql5.com: This is the first article of the MQL5 Cookbook series. I will start with simple examples to allow those who are taking their first steps in programming to gradually become familiar with the new language. I remember my...
[Deleted]
Seems a simple request, but alas i concede defeat after searching for ages so thought i'd ask the hive-mind for help. I want to get the symbols for charts that are active in MT4, so if the terminal only has only two charts open - EURUSD and GBPUSD, i want to use only these symbols in code. If you...
[Deleted]
How can I alert values from an array created by a function?   Alert(XYZ[1]); // Should alert 4.56 double XYZ(string y, int z)  {   double x[3];   x[0] = 0.123;   x[1] = 4.56;   x[2] = 7.89;   return(x);}
[Deleted]
how can i debug an indicator code? is there any way to stop incoming ticks for a while so that i can have a look at values that i have displayed in experts tab from indicator code ? thanks
regarding an indicator i need to find it please.This indicator to manage the volatility, it about RSI in two lines. I have attached to this note a screenshot of it.Can you help me please to find it.
[Deleted]
hello mighty brains of the mql4 forum. I am testing my EA and started getting different results just by changing the name of the EA. I found this to be rather odd. No code changes just did a "save as" to a new name and compiled. Test results were very different. I strated looking around and found a...
[Deleted]
Just want to know guys! Is anyone among you who really make some money in Forex? I tried dozens of indicators and EA's, I did some expert advisors copying code from one to another and combining, but I almost 3 years since I try yet, a lot of brokers with no deposit bonus and hundreds of transactions...
Hi, someone else asked how does an indicator gets the correct time! Just try to create an indicator to show only the time. So this prints the correct open time of the bar during a back-test (e.g. 2011.01.03 07:00):         if(ObjectFind("time") != 0) ObjectDelete("time");...