indicator debugging

how can i debug an indicator code? is there any way to stop incoming ticks for a while so that i can have a look at values that i have displayed in experts tab from indicator code ?

thanks

tazz90:

how can i debug an indicator code? is there any way to stop incoming ticks for a while so that i can have a look at values that i have displayed in experts tab from indicator code ?

thanks

Open the log and read it at your leisure.

RaptorUK:
Open the log and read it at your leisure.

that files contains return/ error messages from scripts and other file ... it do not contains any information that could help me to debug my code

tazz90:

that files contains return/ error messages from scripts and other file ... it do not contains any information that could help me to debug my code
If it's in the experts tab it's also in the experts log file.

Experts tab is rubbish and i was fortunate enough to stumble across this EXCELLENT post by 7bit; it's made debugging so much more powerful :)

Addendum: Writing to Experts tab also creates log files, which over time can slow down the terminal. To optimise speed, go to Tools->Options->Charts and change both Max bars to 500, so the terminal isn't constantly pulling thousands of candles from the server and delete old log files.

Reason: