MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1398

Backtesting  (1)
I did a search, but did not find the answer I need. Anyway, I am doing backtesting. I have imported a whole year of M1 data into the MT4 history center but NOT in the MT4 backtester yet. How long does it take backtester to completely get data from the MT4 history center? My computer is Intel Quad...
I have meta trader with the bulls and bears power indicators. The settings for each one allows the user to select open and close. Does this mean that for example if you were working on an hourly chart and you changed the setting to open for Bulls or Bears power, then you would see what the value...
Moving Average EA Logic: - Always in market and holding trade based on prevailing trend. - Check for signal once per new bar. ** I think this is not working. (See attached picture of backtest) - Signal triggered if Closing Price of Previous Bar crosses the 5 EMA in the opposite direction. - Action...
[Deleted]
Hi, I was wondering if anyone could help me write an EA for a strategy that I've been messing around for a while. It's an "always-in" strategy where you go long when the 6-period EMA of close crosses above the 7-period EMA of open. You close the position and go short when the 6-period EMA of close...
[Deleted]
  Simple "Script"  (8)
Hello my name is Marlon and I'm from Spain I'm new to this the programming .. I'm trying to create a "script" simple, following the examples of the page, I did this: //+------------------------------------------------------------------+ //|...
dear forum, good morning from vienna, austria, europe szenario: i am tradinng a symbol and my accountcurrency is a different currency from the ones in the traded symbol so i want to to do some computations from the quote currency to my accountcurrency here some coding: //...somewhere in the init...
[Deleted]
Was just doing some one shot/hotKeyed Buy,Sell scripts with TrailStops and thot would be fun to see comment area 'objects' which changed in sympathy to open trade. Was thinking how great to trim rightmost zero decimal digits. Unable to source it so... After a bit came up with below. Anyway... might...
[Deleted]
Hi, Can I modify spread and symbol properties l? Thanks a lot.
[Deleted]
Guys, I am quite a newbie in the world of programming. I have been trying to get myself familiar with MT4. I am at the beginning of the long journey I beleive. I have been following the path of https://book.mql4.com This morning I copied the program described here: https://book.mql4...
Is there anyway to list some HTML in an indicator? I have a calendar that I want to display in metatrader without having to go to the website every few hours.
[Deleted]
who can sell me unifeeder. I already contaced MetaQuotes, but nor replay. I guess their spam filter have som problems. Regards, Fox
[Deleted]
I find it interesting that when you read a published article here, written online, buy someone that appears brilliant, a true scientist, they never return emails. Are the brilliant so inundated with work, that they don't have time for the little guy anymore. If that indeed is the case, how does the...
Hi coders, there's an inquiry i have tried to solve without success: I need to exchange information between two different MT4 consoles. Let's say i want to compare the spreads on real time of two differents MT4 consoles: Steps: 1) I build the DLL_1 for MT4_1, which holds the necesary data for...
If I Had A Profitable Expert Advisor I Would Never Upload It To CodeBase . Who would???? muahhahahahahaaaaaa
[Deleted]
Hello! I have a business proposal for the trade! I have acommercial counselor EA. It follows you open the account (your choiceDealing center), give me a login and password. Then we will start totrade in shares will receive the money 60% of the proceeds to you, me40%. Here are my coordinates -...
Do yu need to use RefreshRates() before using MarketInfo(symbol,type)? Specifically, assuming that the EA is attached to EURUSD chart, if I use: bid_price = MarketInfo("EURUSD",MODE_BID); Will it be EXACTLY the same result as: RefreshRates(); bid_price = Bid; What is a more recommended method? Is...
[Deleted]
Hi I am interested in putting some of my trading ideas into a EA. They are only based on price action no moving averages or indicators involved. Would like options to only trade 07.00 to 20.00 London time a funtion to only enter long or only enter short positions (in a trending market) or both in a...
hey!!!i'm new at this forum and I have the problem: int Crossed (double line1, double line2) { static int last_direction = 0; static int current_direction = 0; //Don't work in the first load, wait for the first cross! static bool first_time = true; if(first_time == true)...
[Deleted]
  EXPERT FOR A PAMM ACCOUNT  (145   1 2 3 4 5 ... 14 15)
I WOULD LIKE TO OFFER YOU AN EXPERT ADVISOR DESIGNED FOR TRADING IN MANAGED ACCOUNTS. AUGUST SCORES FIXED LOT ( 0.2 AT 1:200 LEVERAGE) histories 4683 Modelled ticks 136471 Modeling quality 90.00% Chart mismatch errors 0 Initial deposit 50.00 Net profit 383.17 Total profit 384.17 Total loss -1.00
Greetings to One & All, I am promoting the idea that everyone that is making good profits from successful AEs that others freely publish and share that we ALL start paying 1% of our net ForEx gains from these EAs to either the Authors of them or whomever else they would like it to go to. This small...
is there anybody who can tell me why this loop gives problem when backtesting : if(TP_ameliore==true && OrderSelect(ticket,SELECT_BY_TICKET)==true) if (Bid>(OrderOpenPrice()+takeprofit*Point) && OrderType()==OP_BUY) for(int i=0;i<=1000;i++) { double previous_tick_on_bid=Bid; while...
Hi Does anyone know where I can get an Elliot wave oscillator? Cheers, Kaz.
[Deleted]
I'm back again and am trying to create a script like my other ones to export indicator data to csv's for use in a spreadsheet. They basically grab indicator values from all the pairs I watch from multiple time frames. The problem I'm running into is that this Straddle indicator doesn'tprovide a...
Hi, Does anyone know why some time frames in the list of a particular currency pair have a yellow and green 'coloured in' icon next to them and for other time frames the icon is transparent? For example on the graphic below, EURUSD (M1), (M5) and (M15) are coloured in whilst those below are grey:...
[Deleted]
Does anyone know how to over-ride the trailing stop loss of 15 on the MT4 platform to 5 pip trailing stop loss? Thanks
[Deleted]
Hello. I am working on my EA and I am having some problems with trailing stop loss. Here is code I have found on some tutorial that I use for trailing: void start(){   total = OrdersTotal();      if(total != 0)   {         for(int cnt=0; cnt<total; cnt++)       {         if(OrderSelect(cnt,...
hello im trying an expert advisor witch will put a stop loss at every order we put in metatrader regardless of its type. The stop loss will be a standrad amount of pips for every order. 1)I want to be able able to modify the stopp loss after if want to, without it returning to the previous...
I am working on EA, I use two indicators iRSI and iStochastic. I would like to have them both shown in the same buffer. Is there any settings for it? Because by default it shows in two different windows. Thanks a lot for any suggestions whether it is possible or not. Jiri
Hello I have been attempting to convert a few line of VT code to MQL4 but have become stuck on the following. the yellow section is the part I am having trouble with. I think it means if the criteria onNodemand4 is met and NoDemand2 is not then signal is ok. there are 30 sets of criteria to meet...
[Deleted]
  What's wrong ?  (3)
Hi, Short quesiton... why it doesn't work ?    if (AccountProfit()>Profit) //Réalise de le profit   if (OrderSelect(Ticket1,SELECT_BY_TICKET)==true)   OrderClose(OrderTicket(),Lot,Bid, 3); It seems that AccountProfit doesn't work with "order select by ticket" . When I write orderselect(0,...