MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1392

Hallo, I'm a beginner in programming MWL4 and I've the following Problem: I want to calculate the difference between the High and Low of the last twenty bars. In the next step I want to search for the highest difference of the last twenty bars and show it like an indicator. Hier is my Code, but it...
  Importance of profit factor  (11   1 2)
Question to EA programmers out there with profitable, forward-tested EAs - what do you find to be a good profit factor (if you look at it at all)? Obviously it has to be above 1, but I'm curious what you consider to be the sweet spot of profit factor? Do you shoot for something in the 1.5 range,...
Hi, would like to know if it even happen to you to get a constant loosing EA (based on a strategie supposed to be a winning one) ? If yes, does anybody tried to <inverse> the EA based on the fact that if it loose really constantly when it send buy or sell order, it would be bettre to send sell and...
i test my ea at tester mode, it generated 17 trades but when i run in live account, it don't generate any trade, what is the reason? i have make sure i tick the box of " allow live trading", and allow DLL, external experts imports also at right hand top corner, there is a smile ~ ~ thanks
How far back can I back test? I tried 1H, and was able to go back to only 4 months. I would like to know how far I would be able to go back? for 1m, 5m, 15m, 30m, 1H, 4H, daily, weekly? Are the amount back testing data available broker dependent? If so, which broker provide the most back testing...
[Deleted]
I'm looking an optimization of "Expert Advisors". My system automatically chooses the number of LOTS to play according to the criteria. I ask you an idea in my EA to limit the number of lots. Example: double LOT7 ( automatically calculate optimal lot size from my EA) extern double MaxLOT (limit...
hi, i need the MT5... who can send me? my email is barnix2001@yahoo.com
How do you choose which optimized parameters to use based on the 3 factors?
[Deleted]
is it possible? Thanks
hi, i need the MT5... who can send me? my email is barnix2001[at]yahoo.com
[Deleted]
  How much do you EARN ?  (22   1 2 3)
Just want to asked? How much profit in % do you earn? I saw on ib** there is above 300% every month, but i didn't saw one person on the top 10 every time. Is there anyone, just share your opinion, had the same % profit each months ? Masters are welcome. Thanks (^o^)
Could someone help with writing an indicator that would highlight a certain bar on a chart, for example if I wanted the 1500 bar to be a blue bar, etc.... I would really appreciate any help, Thank you
[Deleted]
  EA forward test results  (19   1 2)
Hi all here is some forward test results Closed Transactions: TicketOpen TimeTypeSizeItem PriceS / LT / PClose Time PriceCommissionTaxesSwapProfit663683072009.09.15 12:17buy1.00eurusd1.460901.461381.466142009.09.15 12:201.461380.000.000.0048.00663671692009.09.15 12:12buy1.00eurusd1.460041...
Just FYI I have never used Vista, and never will. But I have a fellow trader in another city with Vista (Home Premium) on his PC, and he could not get my EAs to work. All sorts of errors appeared in the Journal, so I went in via RDP(or similar) and had a look... Made a simple EA just to report some...
[Deleted]
Hello, I am trying to add a popup alert to the TRSI indicator and have run into an issue. My goal is to send the alert when the Gray line RSI[0] crosses the Red lineTRSI[0]. It seems to work fine except when both values hover near each other, and cross back and forth fractionally in low market...
Hello, I am keeping track of my ticket # in the code. Initially when I open an order, I get a ticket # for that order. If I modify the order, the ticket # is still the same. If I exit 1/2 the positions, the ticket # changes. How do I get that new ticket #? -Mike
Sorry I don't have time to research this so I am hoping for a quick response from someone who has had this problem. I am running 4 MT4's running demo's that ftp to www.MT4Stats.com. The problem is that earlier this week, the FTP stopped working and eventually at some unknown point in time, the...
[Deleted]
No more guessing, no more what if's, simply live trade alerts that are beating the market, No Matter market going up or coming Down. Impressive Past Performance . Get Trial of 30 Days For detail visit www.fortunatemanagement.com
can anybody tell me what to do? I can not save code on window vista well the code is editi always get acess denied result. What can i do? Pls help
[Deleted]
During manual trading, I am able to go to order, select trailing stop in the menu,and this trailing stop will become automatic and will be stored on the server. However, I don't see any such function in the MQ4 in metaeditor. I see int OrderSend( string symbol, int cmd, double volume, double price...
[Deleted]
  Help with code  (1)
Hi there, I need a help with a code for mql that will allow me to know how much have I made on a specific period of time. What I basically need is to know how many (pips) and/or how much (money) the EA made during the WEEK. Preferrable in MONEY. After that I can decide if the EA will continue...
Hi, This EA can work with history test, but it does not work in Demo/ Live. Can someone help? Thank you in advance. #define MAINSEEK 148 #define BARSIZE 44 // LONG_VALUE + 5 * DOUBLE_VALUE extern int Pips = 50; extern double Lots = 0.1; int handle; bool MainError; int GetTime( int Pos ) { int...
Hi everyone! I am learning mt4 language, but as I have heard it is coming the new version, MT5, that use an object oriented language, I thought it would be better learn that. Can anyone tell me where I can get the user manual? The program itself, i don't mere to ask! It's enought the manual. Thank...
Hello everybody. I'm new at the forex market. I'm using a demo account in MetaTrader 4 platform trying to educate myself. I would like to tell me somebody how do I import a new EA that I took from the forum into the MT4 platform so that we can have it run. I would like an answer with simple words...
Is any possibility to read news from MT4 news tab? I would like to make newstrader EA
[Deleted]
Hi, I want my E.A to stop if my equty drops a fixed percent comparing the starting balance. How can I do that? If you provide me such a code that would be better...
[Deleted]
hi i have problem in EA. in program that use for currency(gbpusd) i want an information from (gbpchf) chart like" iopen("gbpchf",PERIOD_H4,0)" but this order just is doing at order (print()) buty in order (if()) is not doing, why??????? please help me
Hi All, I am a newbi so please be patient, I have been trying to get the colour of a Heiken Ashi candle and have it working up to a point. The trouble is that I dont get enough candles of the correct colour. What I did was to write the indicator values for a set of candles out to a file and I find...
Hi all, I am newbie for MQL4. I would like to program Exper Advisor with condition as follow: 1. If RSI(14) > 70 --> Sell 2. If RSI(14) < 30 --> Buy Please help me. Thanks
[Deleted]
Hello everybody ive read everywhere that alpari data would be the best for backtesting, and finding even better data seems quite difficult. problem is, ive only found the link to the databank yesterday, and it says its temporarily unavailable... so, my question is: if it is legal (i cant think of...