MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1356

Hi everyone! Im new to MT4 and still getting comfortable with the setup but in regards to the MACD indicator, despite there being three parameters in the properties window for the indicator (fast EMA, slow EMA, and MACD SMA) it only displays what seems to be two of them on the chart..the histogram...
[Deleted]
This should be pretty simple to do but I just couldn't find the documentation on it. I'm trying to use Close(0) to represent the close of the current bar. However when I try to use the backtest, this doesn't seem to work. My plan is to only place orders at the close of an hourly bar, but in the...
  EA Assistance  (8)
Hello, I am trying to make an EA based on one indicator but with two different settings. Let me see if I can explain correctly: The indicators are show the trend of two timeframes. M5 and M15. Now I have managed to get the EA to trade when the two match (as shown below in the picture) and it Closes...
[Deleted]
Hi, I'm new to coding and have been trying to pick my way through it. I've run into something that has me stumped so would appreciate some advice. I'm trying to find the highest price whilst the stochastic is oversold. Using "if" I set a variable when the stoch first crosses 80 and another when it
[Deleted]
Is there any way to automatically attach EA to all symbols? Thanks!
I need to be able to set the time the EA trades? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Once a SAR is calculated for a given period is it allowed to change? It's my understanding that the SAR for "tomorrow" is calculated using data from "today". If this is true, then shouldn't SAR remain constant once it is calculated for period [0]? My basic concern is that when I check SAR[0] at the
http://evrazia.org/news/11040
Hi guys, I'm looking for the solution for it, but, it's looks like impossible to be solve :S Well, I've looked at GOOGLE/Old entries of the forum, and old entries in another foruns, however, I've not found the solution. Well, I've developed a DLL in Delphi to use in my EA. It's working in my local...
Hi, Is there any public EA that would put and alert on a moving average crossover. I know nothing about MT programming language and have no time or intent to learn it. I know it should be a piece of cake for someone proficient hence thinking it is so basic that it must be in the public domain
I get the following error when trying to create a DEMO account on your server. 2009.12.01 10:57:28Networkfailed to connect However I can ping the server with decent ping times ... less then 50ms. So connectivity is NOT an issue, but DEMO account creation is broken!
[Deleted]
Dear friends, any formula for add zigzag with stochastic .Please anybody help it. With thanks smnvnkt
Hai, I want to create an EA where the orders get fired based on the values of a VC++ exe.How i can achieve this?
[Deleted]
/+------------------------------------------------------------------+ //| expert start function | //+------------------------------------------------------------------+ int start() { double llots; double lSL; if (TakeProfit==0)...
How can I access (thru expert advisor) a moving average of another indicator (for example RSI, or Momentum ) both on the same indicator window. I don't know how to access the second indicator(MA). Regards Andreas
[Deleted]
Hi. I have got a problem trying to use EA calles "usualexpert.mq4" taken from S. Kovalyov book available on mql4.com website. I copied all fuctions and #include files from the book, made an attempt to compile the following code (which is almost the same as "usualexpert.mq4" EA): #include <stdlib...
[Deleted]
Please teach the company that can use MT4 in the securities firm in Singapore.
Would be nice to have in MT5 subminute TFs. I understand it is a lot of data to be downloaded from data servers but it could be somehow limited for just a couple of days of such fine resolution data. Other platforms allow even tick data or consolidated ticks. 5s data would be good.
[Deleted]
hallo tell me video link how to use mt4 platform for trading
I found this great EA (thank you Ron) and i need to include the next sentence: if(OrderType()==OP_BUY) if(Bid => iCustom(NULL,0,"JFatl",JFA1S,5,0,i)); closeOrder I need help to include this sentence (correctly written) (and the same for OrderType()==OP_SELL)) in this EA. I want fix a TP (in...
[Deleted]
If I run more than one instances of the same ea with the same code on my terminal, for example, one on the gbp/usd chart and another on the eur/usd chart, will the global variables declared at the beginning at the program cause a conflict with multiple instances of the ea running simulataneously
Hello, Im a trader, but can not set aprogrammer as I trade . Pls help me. I usually use Heiken Ashi Indicator. That indicator are very good, but I have not time for checking every time. Pls set open position and close for that Indicator. Thank you very much. My email: haiaukhongve@gmail.com Skype:...
[Deleted]
I wrote a DLL that is being used by two different EAs. The DLL is in the library folder. I ran both EAs on the same MT4 instance on separate charts. MT4 experienced a crash. I suspect that the crash was caused by MT4 loading the same EA from the different charts... in essense loading the same EA...
This is a good working HMA EA except for one thing, it it buys or sells during the candle as it changes which could do a short then the candle turns long and at the close your short with a long trend. I would like the buy or sell desicion to take place at the end of each candle not during. Can some...
[Deleted]
I've seen a lot of posts about if it is possible to protect your ea from decompiling back to source code. Technically, it seems impossible. However, I think there is a strategy that will make it immensely difficult from a pure programming perspective. Its just applying Sun Tzu's ancient maxim...
[Deleted]
  multi expert  (3)
hi is it possible to make an expert that check few condition and decide whice expert to run
[Deleted]
Hai, --- I have an external application(VC++ exe) which decides when to fire orders. --- Now I want to link my external application to the expert advisor How I can do this. Can aybody suggest any article or give a similar example. Thanks, Jannath
  MQLPROGRAMMING  (13   1 2)
As people still contact me using my contact on previous thread, here I want to put my latest Information. I am heartnet from MQLPROGRAMMING. MQLPROGRAMMING is a programming site which specialize in MetaTrader4 (MT4).With several years experience in forex market and programming we are elated to offer...
  Is there anyone from Kiev?  (61   1 2 3 4 5 6 7)
I want to organise investor club meetings It's a pity this site is only watched by 5% of those who start learning to trade
  A career in stock trading  (125   1 2 3 4 5 ... 12 13)
Hello all. I started to do mechanical trading with a lot of enthusiasm, but now I'm really down. I am rather a beginner myself, I have been doing it for half a year now, I have read at least 5 books, and created about 5 different Expert Advisors, two of them are even more complicated, with several