The Sultonov Regression Model (SRM) - claiming to be a mathematical model of the market. - page 24

yosuf:
What do you think about the fact that any trader making decision about entering the market makes forecasting process voluntarily or involuntarily, maybe at the level of subconsciousness known only to his brain. It is not inconceivable that trader himself is not completely aware of what he is predicting but his brain is clearly engaged in this process.

Before I answer, I have a counter question: would it be possible to make profit if the price had a normal distribution, i.e. if it were white noise?

gpwr:

Before I answer, I have a counter question: would it be possible to make money if the price had a normal distribution, i.e. was white noise?
Indeed. You betcha.

paukas:
Yes, it is. You betcha.
Call it a poisson or a broom and sell it?

gpwr:

Before I answer, I have a counter question: would it be possible to make money if the price had a normal distribution, i.e. was white noise?
Such a question makes absolutely no sense

paukas:
Yes, it is. You betcha.

I have the same answer. But I'd like to hear from Yusuf.

yosuf:
"Randomness is a manifestation of necessity" (Marx). But seriously, in every random process we can always find a hidden pattern, although we don't notice it...

Another one! You are counted.

DmitriyN:
Yusuf, if random series can be predicted, is it possible to successfully apply this technique in the field of energy, for example, to generate energy?

Of course it can, what a conversation. Bizbazarah! By means of 18, it is even possible to make interplanetary space travel at superluminal speeds.

TheXpert:
Call it a poisson or a broom and sell it?
All you want to do is sell. Lease it.

paukas:
All you want to do is sell. Lease it.
Righteous

gpwr:

On the other hand, the fact that people manage to make money, even though it seems so to many, the price is not normally distributed, so there is a slight imperfection in the market observed, perhaps seemingly.

I think even if the price turns out to be completely white noise, there will still be some patterns that govern this normal chaos. An illustrative example is the observance of gas laws when the distribution of gas molecules in the space of a cylinder is absolutely normal.

Reason: